SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Mankato leads LSSU 4-2

McKay finally lets in a couple goals.
MSUM looks to be the cream of the WCHA once again...easily handling an improved LSSU team.  Too bad MSUM only plays BGSU twice this year, as those two teams look to be a level above the rest.

What's with these teams playing DIII (?) teams and the games counting for their records?
Ferris State just played Trine, and Adrian has played both BGSU and LSSU.
Those games counted for the DI programs records from what I can tell though...talk about cupcake challenge.
I understand wanting to get games, but those should just be labeled as exhibitions.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

What's with these teams playing DIII (?) teams and the games counting for their records?
Ferris State just played Trine, and Adrian has played both BGSU and LSSU.
Those games counted for the DI programs records from what I can tell though...talk about cupcake challenge.
I understand wanting to get games, but those should just be labeled as exhibitions.

Doesn't look like the games counted. They can't play Canadian teams, so play a DIII team.

18 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

It looked like WMU started playing defense late in the second with a one goal lead but made it work. Puts UND in a great position - one point back with three games in hand.

Those 6 remaining games against UNO are important...they're a contender at this point too.

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Those 6 remaining games against UNO are important...they're a contender at this point too.

UNO is a contender, and will be for some time. They’ve turned the corner and begun to play good hockey without any ‘stars’. Gabinet is doing it right in my book. Building a team, a culture. If not for this effed up year, my bet is they’d make the a’s...