SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

I’ll admit, this is the first time I’ve ever witnessed (on video) someone shoot multiple people and be allowed to walk right by police still carrying the AR.

I don’t care how far from Illinois he is. Point is he was allowed to walk away openly carrying his weapon, right by the police, no questions asked.

If he was black you really think he’d still be alive?

Did the police know he'd just shot 3 people?  I'd say no, judging by how they told him to get the F out of the road as they were approaching the scene.

Should the police have listened to him as he was trying to confess and turn himself in?  Yes.  They let their emotions and the stress of the situation cloud their vision and hearing.

15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I can see both sides here, both the kid defending himself and the people trying to take him down.  If you were at a party, you saw someone running with a gun, and you heard a bunch of your friends yelling that the guy with the gun just killed another one of your friends at the party, wouldn't you want to take him down?

Yeah if I had a gun. No way in hell im going to run him down in the open if I am unarmed and just become another shooting victim! Unless he is actively shooting I don’t know if I’d even go after him if I had a gun. That’s what The police are for.

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did the police know he'd just shot 3 people?  I'd say no, judging by how they told him to get the F out of the road as they were approaching the scene.

Should the police have listened to him as he was trying to confess and turn himself in?  Yes.  They let their emotions and the stress of the situation cloud their vision and hearing.

They should have known, with the number of people that witnessed and were yelling he shot people. Dispatch also should have had a description that would have gotten to the police almost immediately.

Sides were clearly picked by law enforcement ahead of time based on video that’s been posted with officers thanking the militia and handing out waters to them.

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I’ll admit, this is the first time I’ve ever witnessed (on video) someone shoot multiple people and be allowed to walk right by police still carrying the AR.

I don’t care how far from Illinois he is. Point is he was allowed to walk away openly carrying his weapon, right by the police, no questions asked.

There have been plenty of black protesters open carrying guns in the last few months, last I heard none have been shot. Only ones shot are the ones threatening cops with weapons!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Why is the obvious not being stated here? In real time, not looking back with all of the knowledge we have now, the police didn’t have any clue that this kid shot two people. Their delay in arresting him isn’t some white privilege mystery. The police knew some young men were carrying guns, so just seeing a kid carrying a gun wouldn’t have alarmed them. All they had to go on was some dude yelling “that guy just shot two people”, which they might not even been able to hear with helmets on inside their cars. He walked up to them with his hands up and didn’t look like a threat. Had they known what we know now, they likely would’ve arrested him. When they gained that knowledge they arrested him. No mystery to me here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

They should have known, with the number of people that witnessed and were yelling he shot people. Dispatch also should have had a description that would have gotten to the police almost immediately.

Sides were clearly picked by law enforcement ahead of time based on video that’s been posted with officers thanking the militia and handing out waters to them.

If by sides being clearly picked beforehand you mean those that were destroying the town versus those trying to protect the town.....then yes you are correct, the police did pick sides beforehand.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Redneksioux said:

The militia and police probably did cooperate here.... as it should be.

The police and militia have cooperated to quell aditional violence and nip potentially felonious activity beforebit geta out of hand before.

Locally, in ND, and it worked Extreamly effectively.

If this crap continues around the country, the mobs of soylent and fail will learn VERY quickly how effective militia and law enforcement can be at snuffing out unrest.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Why is the obvious not being stated here? In real time, not looking back with all of the knowledge we have now, the police didn’t have any clue that this kid shot two people. Their delay in arresting him isn’t some white privilege mystery. The police knew some young men were carrying guns, so just seeing a kid carrying a gun wouldn’t have alarmed them. All they had to go on was some dude yelling “that guy just shot two people”, which they might not even been able to hear with helmets on inside their cars. He walked up to them with his hands up and didn’t look like a threat. Had they known what we know now, they likely would’ve arrested him. When they gained that knowledge they arrested him. No mystery to me here.

This isn’t a white privilege mystery. The police clearly had picked the militia’s side before the shootings occurred. This whole thing looks very bad for them.

This isn’t a white privilege mystery. The police clearly had picked the militia’s side before the shootings occurred. This whole thing looks very bad for them.

One side supports law and order while the other side supports looting and destruction.  Is it really a surprise the police would be more sympathetic to one side?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

One side supports law and order while the other side supports looting and destruction.  Is it really a surprise the police would be more sympathetic to one side?

They claim to support law and order. Yet they open carry during a protest and clearly don’t realize how bringing a gun into the mix changes everything. It’s idiots like these and those that enable them that will cause our 2nd amendments rights to disappear.

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You said if a black man had done what this kid had done he’d be dead. I disagree. This kid, based on the other videos of them being chummy with police was likely known to the police and his intentions there were also known. Him being black or white is irrelevant in this case. His purpose for being there, if anything, is the reason he was likely given more latitude. Right or wrong, I think that’s debatable. But he isn’t alive because he’s white, that’s just more racial BS if you ask me from the media. Show me a video of a white dude running from police, resisting arrest and stealing a cops taser(combining many of our current events) who gets to not get shot at and I’ll believe your double standard argument.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

They claim to support law and order. Yet they open carry during a protest and clearly don’t realize how bringing a gun into the mix changes everything. It’s idiots like these and those that enable them that will cause our 2nd amendments rights to disappear.

You seem to be missing that the guy he shot was also carrying.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

You said if a black man had done what this kid had done he’d be dead. I disagree. This kid, based on the other videos of them being chunky with police was likely known to the police and his intentions there were also known. Him being black or white is irrelevant in this case. His purpose for being there, if anything, is the reason he was likely given more latitude. Right or wrong, I think that’s debatable. But he isn’t alive because he’s white, that’s just more racial BS if you ask me from the media. Show me a video of a white dude running from police, resisting arrest and stealing a cops taser(combining many of our current events) who gets to not get shot at and I’ll believe your double standard argument.

I wish the media would start showing all the police shootings of white people.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

How is dispatch going to tell the police he shot people when dispatch likely had no little if any idea of what had happened to begin with.

Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

How is dispatch going to tell the police he shot people when dispatch likely had no little if any idea of what had happened to begin with.

With the number of people around I think it’s very likely at least one person was on the phone with dispatch and had given a description. It is sickening the number of police he was able to walk by, visibly armed, after all the shots that were unloaded right there. He may have meant well but he’s definitely not innocent here.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

With the number of people around I think it’s very likely at least one person was on the phone with dispatch and had given a description. It is sickening the number of police he was able to walk by, visibly armed, after all the shots that were unloaded right there. He may have meant well but he’s definitely not innocent here.

If you watch in real time, there is less than a minute between him shooting someone and when you believe the police should have been aware of that via dispatch and positively identified him in order to make an arrest. Your asking too much for the communication chain.

• Upvote 3

If this type of "peaceful" protesting continues for the the next two plus months and there is a change in the presidency all bets are off.....might come down to who has the biggest guns and the best shot wins moving forward.

"Hey one of the dozens of guys here with a gun shot a guy!"

There were at least three guns visible in the clip of him running away from the group alone, including a gun being fired that was not his.. There is an awful lot of chaos going on in the video. Seems reasonably likely that Dispatch could have been talking to someone else. Perhaps dispatch was collecting information on him after police drove by. 

I think you have a very naive and unrealistic expectation of how fast police are going to get information, a description of who did it, and take action accordingly in a situation like that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

If this type of "peaceful" protesting continues for the the next two plus months and there is a change in the presidency all bets are off.....might come down to who has the biggest guns and the best shot wins.

It'll be equally interesting to see if they keep doing it after a re-election of the current President. 

On the bright side, Wisconsin support for BLM has went down by 20+ points in less than two months. I wonder if they will catch on that they should probably tone it down.

41 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Of course they did......you get to pick A) Someone that will protect your property or B) Someone that is gonna loot, vandalize and commit arson, which side are you picking?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Of course they did......you get to pick A) Someone that will protect your property or B) Someone that is gonna loot, vandalize and commit arson, which side are you picking?

Properly trained and professional police don't pick sides.  It's not an option.  By not doing their job, they helped set the stage for the shooting to occur; especially when you have idiots on both side of the isle running around.      

If the police attempted to clear everybody out (curfew was enacted) chances diminish a shooting happens.     

Very interesting -  some militia members aren't too impressed with the police either.    

.https://www.facebook.com/100031692351519/videos/301214837611592/?extid=tAzKAvufE3MQx65b

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Properly trained and professional police don't pick sides.  It's not an option.  By not doing their job, they helped set the stage for the shooting to occur; especially when you have idiots on both side of the isle running around.      

If the police attempted to clear everybody out (curfew was enacted) chances diminish a shooting happens.     

Very interesting -  some militia members aren't too impressed with the police either.    

.https://www.facebook.com/100031692351519/videos/301214837611592/?extid=tAzKAvufE3MQx65b

Can’t say I disagree with you here. Police clearing the streets immediately following peaceful protests has to be the lesson we take away from all of this. Protest during the agreed upon times, in the agreed upon places and all is well. Outside of those times and places, you will be arrested, period.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, streetsahead said:

Very informative. I saw this earlier. I decided against posting it here because I figured i'd get lambasted for posting something from the New York Times.....

Least biased and most fact-based (with support video linked throughout) thing I've seen from a national publication in a while.  They omitted some details (the fact the shooter was being assaulted before and after he tripped) in the tweets of course, but the video is all there.

• Upvote 1