SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

40 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump asked aides if he could pursue a wild plan to replace the Electoral College with loyalists who would ignore the vote, report says
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-discussed-replacing-electoral-college-with-loyalists-nyt-2020-11

US Constitution Article I, Section 4
US Constitution Amendment XII 

Those are what are being explored. Following the Constitutional process. Radical. 

Again, will it work for Mister Trump? One in five odds at best

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The optics (cough-MSP politics-cough) of abandoning it would be far worse. 

If I was a leader at Target, I would close that store and tell their pathetic leftwing Mayor until you can control your streets and protect my workers, I won't reopen this store. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Wondering why Target would want to reopen their store at this location...

No way in hell i'd reopen that store. Think of the money that was lost. I am sure that Hennepin County DA  didn't prosecute many people for looting and theft. 

15 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Does the county provide free masks?   Does everybody have easy access to them?   If not, this proposal is beyond unethical.  I hate the notion that a person can be arrested for not wearing something that 1. needs to be purchased; or 2. isn’t necessarily easily obtainable for every citizen (even if free of charge).  

In many ways it's similar to voting ID's.  Unless IDs are easily obtainable for everybody and free of charge, requiring them to vote is essentially a poll tax.  

It's fabulous if the goal is to make everyone a criminal. 

PS - I've long said as a taxpayer I'd gladly pay to give every US citizen a US Passcard (like a US Passport) if it was required to vote. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

...  isn’t necessarily easily obtainable for every citizen (even if free of charge).  

Why does that give me visions of a little old lady flagging down a cop on the street, not to help get her cat out of a tree, but to beg for a mask and to not cite her because hers just blew off. 

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

So people who scream about #fakenews and biased media, are leaving Fox News because they are becoming less biased.

Makes sense.

Is it even less biased? I was under the impression they are just not willing to die on the election integrity hill. If not a single lawyer is willing to risk being disbarred for telling a judge there is evidence of fraud...

Did someone say they don't have a Twitter account? 

Today, Washington Post reported that over 130 members of the Secret Service have to isolate after testing positive for or being exposed to the coronavirus, after traveling during Trump's campaign for reelection.

Chelsea Clinton took to Twitter to say "shame on you" to Trump.

Chelsea Clinton talking on a cell phone: Chelsea Clinton delivers remarks on the fourth day of the Democratic National Convention at the Wells Fargo Center on July 28, 2016 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

With a strong cult base here (esspecially those that don't believe in washing hands & 6' rule, etc), this should draw some flies.

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Chelsea Clinton took to Twitter to ... 

Chelsea Clinton matters because ...

PS - How many Biden Secret Service agents had to quarantine. To be fair, can we do a "agents positive per miles traveled" comparison? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Chelsea Clinton matters because ...

PS - How many Biden Secret Service agents had to quarantine. To be fair, can we do a "agents positive per miles traveled" comparison? 

Biden didn't need as many secret service agents in his basement. 

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump asked aides if he could pursue a wild plan to replace the Electoral College with loyalists who would ignore the vote, report says
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-discussed-replacing-electoral-college-with-loyalists-nyt-2020-11

Crazy. that is like what the media arm(aka MSM) of the Democratic Party suggested back in 2016.

• Upvote 1

You will do what you're told and like it. I am so tired of this P.O.S. Serious question, why is he the only doctor that we can listen to? Maybe Dr Birx. I am sure that @Oxbow6 will like this one. Who do these people think that they are. We were told 240+ days ago, we need two weeks to bust the curve. Some states are still locked down. Heavy handed political leaders took that as a go sign to take away our freedom. The mask and the lockdowns are ways for leaders to flex their political muscles. The Virus is going to virus. That's been proven. Sure we can wear your mask, but are they really working? Minnesota has had a mask mandate since 7-25-2020. 

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Americans Must ‘Do What You’re Told’ Despite ‘Independent Spirit’

Fauci spoke in a forum about working with officials in the United Kingdom who faced a similar problem.

“[E]ach of our countries have that independent spirit, where we don’t want to be told what to do,” he said. “Well, I understand that, but now is the time to do what you’re told.”

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I've heard similar things, how this stuff if true can be kept covered up is amazing.

I don't think people realize how big the US Federal Government is. It's massive. the amount of money the Government wastes is offensive. Unperforming workers can get by for years without having to face the music. It doesn't surprise me some swamp rat lied to the president. That person should be in some serious trouble. Just because you don't like the president, it doesn't allow you to circumvent the president. Seriously, this person isn't a hero. If this person had done this to Obama, we'd already pushed for his discipline and removal from federal service. 

• Upvote 1