SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're misreading.

He's creating cover for R legislatures in key states to review the election and then declare their own slate of electors. 

50 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Talk about undermining the will of the people and removing any faith there would be in any presidential election going forward.

Yea I don't see that happening.  

As we're witnessing now, the longer this drags out the more Republicans are coming out telling Trump it's over.    

44 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Instead of being arrogant, why don’t you just let it play out. 

There's nothing arrogant about that comment.  The truth is reflected in the court's decisions on what Trump has deemed evidence of fraud.  The truth isn't propaganda and unsubstantiated "just wait, it's coming!" "biggest scandal of all time!" reporting from right-wing rags with a clear agenda.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

There's nothing arrogant about that comment.  The truth is reflected in the court's decisions on what Trump has deemed evidence of fraud.  The truth isn't propaganda and unsubstantiated "just wait, it's coming!" "biggest scandal of all time!" reporting from right-wing rags with a clear agenda.  

Thank you. Keep waiting for proof and not seeing it. For Trump supporters to say don’t listen to fox is unbelievable. I have made it known that I am concerned that Trump is a danger to our democracy and has to go. He is not acting like a statesman. Not a popular opinion here I know.

should add that it is time for folks here to be patriots and start acknowledging the inevitable.

• Upvote 1

Instituting criminal penalties for merely not wearing a mask is absurd.

It's literally -- in a great many cases, at least -- criminalizing the failure to engage in a symbolic gesture, or worse, the failure to embrace solidarity.  Think about that for a second.  Can you imagine a greater insult to the American ideals of free speech and expression?  To have the government compel citizens to engage in a purely futile act is (or at least, used to be) impossible for most of us to even fathom.  And before you say "But masks work! It's not futile!", allow me to elaborate.

State law may give local health officials certain powers, but those powers are not limitless.  Even if one concedes the inherent power of the state to implement requirements to "mitigate" the spread of disease, one must still reconcile that power that against the very simple truth that someone who is not contagious, or even infected, absolutely cannot spread that disease.  Does anyone honestly believe that the government has the power to punish for that conduct which the alleged 'offender' cannot possibly do?  It's a sloppy indoctrination of pre-crime...like "Minority Report" but without Tom Cruise to save the day.  It's the executive branch shamelessly usurping the sacred power reserved to the legislature.  An F.U. to the Constitution.

In terms that most here can easily understand, it's like forbidding someone without herpes from having sex, solely in the name of stopping the spread of herpes.  Who here would stand for that?

If mask mandates were reserved for proven positives, for a fixed duration and preferably with some objective determination having been made as to contagious status, that would be one thing. But to muddy the already choppy political and mostly untested legal waters of indefinite, global mask mandates with across-the-board criminal penalties simply cannot stand.

If this does not give you pause, well...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You will wear your mask and like it. I am thinking walking the dog or exercising outside doesn't apply to this rule. 

I could see the public not responding well to this rule. I am not anti-mask, but it's not the job of law enforcement to running around checking people for wearing masks. Lots of other stuff going on.  From the meeting: Mayor Bochenski doesn't support charging people with a misdemeanor for not wearing their face mask. 

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The AG of PA should be keeping a low profile right now

Just like our P is ???     

T is stewing over the election while mostly ignoring his duties.

6 American serviceman were killed in a helicopter crash.
Tropical Storm Eta made Florida landfall with severe flooding.
~ 159,000  Americans infected with CoVId today.
Stock market tumbling.

Where's our leader, oh ya firing people.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just like our P is ???     

~ 155,000  Americans infected with CoVId today.
Stock market tumbling.

Don't worry, Biden has a plan evidently for all. 

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just like our P is ???     

~ 155,000  Americans infected with CoVId today.
Stock market tumbling.

When the stock market gained 3% on Tuesday was that trumps fault too or is it just the bad things he get credit for? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

When the stock market gained 3% on Tuesday was that trumps fault too or is it just the bad things he get credit for? 

You missed the point again like usual, never said the helicopter crash, huricane, stock market was his fault.
I made the point of what is he doing as far as leading this country, instead of firing people.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Goon said:

You will wear your mask and like it. I am thinking walking the dog or exercising outside doesn't apply to this rule. 

I could see the public not responding well to this rule. I am not anti-mask, but it's not the job of law enforcement to running around checking people for wearing masks. Lots of other stuff going on.  From the meeting: Mayor Bochenski doesn't support charging people with a misdemeanor for not wearing their face mask. 

Does the county provide free masks?   Does everybody have easy access to them?   If not, this proposal is beyond unethical.  I hate the notion that a person can be arrested for not wearing something that 1. needs to be purchased; or 2. isn’t necessarily easily obtainable for every citizen (even if free of charge).  

In many ways it's similar to voting ID's.  Unless IDs are easily obtainable for everybody and free of charge, requiring them to vote is essentially a poll tax.  

A fine applied to mask mandates.  If there was ever something that was completely misguided, thats it.  

The funny part is that when the curve starts to descend soon they will credit masks.  Not the fact that it was inevitable and followed literally every other state's curve prior to this.  

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You missed the point again like usual, never said the helicopter crash, huricane, stoack market was his fault.
I made the point of what is he doing as far as leading this country, instead of firing people.

Your point was poorly made, if made at all.

You bring up a grouping of things that trump has no role in and then end that same thought with trump isn’t doing his job. You were absolutely tying Trumps lack of “doing his job” to these things. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Arizona will have some election #'s tonight.

Speaking of AZ,

Trump Campaign Lawyer Admits to Judge: Our Search for Evidence of Fraud Produced Obvious Lies and ‘Spam’

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/trump-campaign-lawyer-admits-to-judge-our-search-for-evidence-of-fraud-produced-obvious-lies-and-spam/

When the numbers come out John McCain will be laughing his *** off from above.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Your point was poorly made, if made at all.

You bring up a grouping of things that trump has no role in and then end that same thought with trump isn’t doing his job. You were absolutely tying Trumps lack of “doing his job” to these things. 

TODAY:

T kept from public view but on twiter; grievances, election falsehoods, and shot arrows at Fox.

Neither he nor his aides briefed reporters on the news of the day. Could of addressed issues of my earlier post you bring up.

We are rassling with a global crisis as T is devored with the election as he's assaulting the integrity of out voting system.

He is using the Fed Gov to try and stay on as P while ignoring his Presidencial duties.

Has T handed the USA over to CoVid?

19 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

TODAY:

T kept from public view but on twiter; grievances, election falsehoods, and shot arrows at Fox.

Neither he nor his aides briefed reporters on the news of the day. Could of addressed issues of my earlier post you bring up.

We are rassling with a global crisis as T is devored with the election as he's assaulting the integrity of out voting system.

He is using the Fed Gov to try and stay on as P while ignoring his Presidencial duties.

Has T handed the USA over to CoVid?

Have the Europeans handed Europe over to covid?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bump ^^^

Great find, is the machine breaking down? 
T has to be under an enomous amount of stress.

Trump is just doing what he's always done when faced with a challenge, he bullies his adversaries into submission with lawsuits.  Unfortunately for him, this isn't the business world.  You can't bully people's right to vote with frivolous legal action.  

Meanwhile, Snell & Wilmer (the largest law firm representing Trump in AZ) just dropped him.  Looks like they've had enough of this ridiculousness  

• Upvote 1