SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

He didnt make copies? WTF  Nothing important ever leaves my house unless I have hard copies and electronic copies.

Probably because even Fox News argued (successfully) in court that Tucker Carlson isn't a news source and that no "reasonable viewer" would take him seriously.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

He didnt make copies? WTF  Nothing important ever leaves my house unless I have hard copies and electronic copies.

If I have important documents I hand carry; but, I also have a backup copy, an electronic copy, and photo images (maybe even emailed to a couple accounts, and on a stick drive).

And once in my life I had a "buried" copy with a friend. 

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Probably because even Fox News argued (successfully) in court that Tucker Carlson isn't a news source and that no "reasonable viewer" would take him seriously.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

Most of the talking heads on the alphabet soup networks are "commentary" not news. 

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

U.S. GDP booms at 33.1% rate in Q3, better than expected -- admittedly, it's not hard to have a good number after a shut down economy

This will be the Biden's  game plan if elected......national mask mandate (no issue with that) but when that isn't the answer to Covid per Fauci as the "experts" have parroted for months Biden/Fauci will lockdown the nation to totally wreck the economy so any uptick will be a win for Biden economically.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

U.S. GDP booms at 33.1% rate in Q3, better than expected -- admittedly, it's not hard to have a good number after a shut down economy

Just for reference because numbers are fun:
Expectation was 32%
The 33.1% growth follows Q2 results of -31.4%
End result: Current GDP is at 91.3% of where it was at end of Q1 instead of expected 90.6%. 

Beating expectations is never bad. 

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Just for reference because numbers are fun:
Expectation was 32%
The 33.1% growth follows Q2 results of -31.4%
End result: Current GDP is at 91.3% of where it was at end of Q1 instead of expected 90.6%. 

Beating expectations is never bad. 

That's actually pretty good.  0.7% is pretty huge when you're talking numbers as large as U.S. GDP.

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Dear Leader is toast.  Too much ground to make up in key states.  This is a national poll, but it doesn't matter. 

Dear Leader is toast. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/politics/cnn-poll-national-october/index.html

A national poll actually matters a lot as you know the president isn’t elected by national results.  

Again, you list another poll that over samples democrats.  

You should have nothing to worry about next week.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, homer said:

A national poll actually matters a lot as you know the president isn’t elected by national results.  

Again, you list another poll that over samples democrats.  

You should have nothing to worry about next week.  

They will.  Democrats are famous for worrying anyway.  After 2016 they aren't taking chances.  

The electoral map is very much in favor of Biden also.  Oversampling?  Last time, a bit.  This time they didn't.

Yeah, I'm being cocky.  Unlike most worrying Dems. Except for James Carville. 

Dear Leader is toast.  

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The thing about elections is it's who shows up. 

Read the CNN link. A strong majority of voters are doing early voting.

Barring major changes in the landscape in the final days of the race, Trump's chances for closing the gap are deeply dependent on Election Day turnout. The poll finds that among those who have already voted (64% Biden to 34% Trump) or who plan to vote early but had not yet done so at the time they were interviewed (63% Biden to 33% Trump), Biden holds nearly two-thirds support. Trump leads 59% to 36%, though, among those who say they plan to vote on Election Day.

15 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

They will.  Democrats are famous for worrying anyway.  After 2016 they aren't taking chances.  

The electoral map is very much in favor of Biden also.  Oversampling?  Last time, a bit.  This time they didn't.

Yeah, I'm being cocky.  Unlike most worrying Dems. Except for James Carville. 

Dear Leader is toast.  

If Donald wins, unlikely but certainly possible, will you be harming yourself or others?

The CNN poll referenced does not say anything about those polled save for: 

The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS October 23 through 26 among a random national sample of 1,005 adults reached on landlines or cellphones by a live interviewer, including 886 likely voters. 

I went to the SSRS site and couldn't quickly find a breakdown of the 1005 sampled. 

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

That would make sense.  Roughly 5% more Democrats than Republicans in the USA. 

And the total vote count may reflect that.  Not sure that I would be overly confident that these poll results are reflective of the handful of battle ground states needed by each candidate to win the electoral vote.  

Trumps margin for error is nearly zero in those however unless he flips a state like MN.