SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Great......give me or have Wynne give us a number or percentage then that is acceptable in the "limitation" process?

What's your number that's acceptable to have things "back to normal"?

Apparently more information is bad. Is that along the lines of the US has the most cases because we test the most and if we don't test than we'll have less cases?

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What's your number that's acceptable to have things "back to normal"?

Apparently more information is bad. Is that along the lines of the US has the most cases because we test the most and if we don't test than we'll have less cases?

I don't have a number but does testing move the needle in hospitalizations and deaths? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you alert that positive individual and they don't visit grandma.

So a negative test today gives someone the green light to visit grandma in a month?

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did I say that?

No but that concept leads us to a dog chasing his tail. 

If my daughter tested negative 3 weeks ago before starting classes at UND this Tuesday is she currently still negative if she is asymptomatic?

....and BTW the needle on tuition doesn't  move as she has most classes from her laptop.

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If testing identifies positive cases, and positive cases are quarantined, shouldn’t testing lower both overall hospitalizations and deaths?

Absolutely, which was the entire "flatten the curve" narrative which the nation effectively did.   That doesn't reduce the total impact, it just spreads it out.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

No but that concept leads us to a dog chasing his tail. 

If my daughter tested negative 3 weeks ago before starting classes at UND this Tuesday is she currently still negative if she is asymptomatic?

Obviously we don't know.  But those who tested positive now are armed with the information that they shouldn't be partying or visiting grandma for a bit.  Knowledge of being positive isn't a bad thing.  Should the media be blowing it out of proportion when a bunch of asymptomatic or lightly symptomatic kids show up positive?  No.  The community is safer now that those kids are aware of it.  Information isn't a bad thing.  How those in power use or react to that information is where it gets muddy.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Obviously we don't know.  But those who tested positive now are armed with the information that they shouldn't be partying or visiting grandma for a bit.  Knowledge of being positive isn't a bad thing.  Should the media be blowing it out of proportion when a bunch of asymptomatic or lightly symptomatic kids show up positive?  No.  The community is safer now that those kids are aware of it.  Information isn't a bad thing.  How those in power use or react to that information is where it gets muddy.

Fair enough but we both know that "information" will be used to push everything online.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Information can absolutely be a bad thing if that information isn't correct. Look what recently happened in the NFL. False positives absolutely are happening and that is leading to completely unnecessary measures being taken, which includes the closure of schools in my son's district. Completely unnecessary and is going to have a real cost associated with it in these kid' education. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

If you you feel that the wait is too long and I don't comply, will you shoot me in the back 7 times?

And there goes your intelligence or any point you had from your lens. 

Your thoughts are superior evidently which debunk logic. Typical, lib. 

7 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Absolutely, which was the entire "flatten the curve" narrative which the nation effectively did.   That doesn't reduce the total impact, it just spreads it out.

We flattened the curve, temporarily. I'm curious how you think it doesn't reduce the total impact and only spreads it out. 

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Information can absolutely be a bad thing if that information isn't correct. Look what recently happened in the NFL. False positives absolutely are happening and that is leading to completely unnecessary measures being taken, which includes the closure of schools in my son's district. Completely unnecessary and is going to have a real cost associated with it in these kid' education. 

Your son's school district closed based on the NFL's test results?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Hence the last sentence of my prior post. 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

We flattened the curve, temporarily. I'm curious how you think it doesn't reduce the total impact and only spreads it out. 

Because at least in ND hospitalizations  and deaths have pretty much stayed flat.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Are you being argumentative  just because or are you really that stupid?

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Temporarily?  How so?  Is anyone not receiving the medical treatment they need?

Flattening the curve simply spreads out the cases to make sure that anyone who has medical issues with Covid can have the best possible medical care.  In theory that would reduce the deaths, but in no way reduces the total that contract the virus.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

A couple years old, but relevant for the current situation, IMO.

I'd be curious to hear the reasoning, by those who support defunding the police/BLM,  on how this incident is different than the one that played out in Kenosha?  

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Because at least in ND hospitalizations  and deaths have pretty much stayed flat.

Are you being argumentative  just because or are you really that stupid?

Not being argumentative he mentioned that the NFL's false positives led to unnecessary measures being taken, including the closure of his son's school district. If that's stupid to question, so be it. 

9 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Temporarily?  How so?  Is anyone not receiving the medical treatment they need?

Flattening the curve simply spreads out the cases to make sure that anyone who has medical issues with Covid can have the best possible medical care.  In theory that would reduce the deaths, but in no way reduces the total that contract the virus.

Ok so your curve is hospital capacity. Flu season is right around the corner, at our current rate do you think we have the hospital capacity to care for Covid and the flu?

Do we not have a reason to be concerned with actual covid deaths? Or is 180,000 deaths and rising acceptable?

20 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You don’t actually think the nfl finding out all of their positives were false positives were isolated incidents do you? They were only found out because they were able to retest, no everybody has that capability. This thing is far more widespread already and the testing has been shown to be unreliable, so what the hell are we doing making life-changing decisions on faulty information?

• Upvote 2