SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

17 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

I think it’s a smart move. They’re playing off the fear of what is becoming reality. Watch what’s happened on tv the last month. What am I supposed to think is going to happen if a mob comes walking down my street with babies in my house? What is the proper way to defend my house and my family? Should we hide inside and wait for them to hurl fireworks to start it on fire and let everything we’ve worked for burn as we scramble out the back? The only thing I would have done different was not point them at people unless I intended to pull the trigger. This could happen to almost anyone living in a city it seems. It’s also why there are record gun sales.

Well, yea.  The 'law and order' schtick is what the GOP is putting front and center; they have little else to run on so they need to exaggerate threats.  Not that the Dems aren't exaggerating the Covid threat too.   

That said, this country is a current disaster.  I doubt the "Vote Biden and the darkies will burn your house down" rhetoric will be enough to win.  We'll see though.          

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ok... ooooo you're so close, this is like watching a neaderthal discover fire..

Correct none of those bad things happened....

why.....

Try real hard I know it hurts but you're ALMOST there....

Good people with guns had the courage to stand up for their rights and property.

They MOST DEFINITELY had the intention of shooting ANY of the riot scum if they chose to continue those actions.

As would I and millions and millions other gun owners would,

and will......If necessary.

Guns worked as the detefent here.

I get it now, they saved the whole gated community from being burned. Hero's they are indeed:)

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The 'law and order' schtick is what the GOP is putting front and center; they have little else to run on so they need to exaggerate threats

so what is the Dem platform again......? 

12 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well, yea.  The 'law and order' schtick is what the GOP is putting front and center; they have little else to run on so they need to exaggerate threats.  Not that the Dems aren't exaggerating the Covid threat too.   

That said, this country is a current disaster.  I doubt the "Vote Biden and the darkies will burn your house down" rhetoric will be enough to win.  We'll see though.          

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/white_house_watch_aug26

Hey Everybodys, just checking in here to see how things were going.  And, yeeeup, Hayduke1 still does not disappoint for sheer volume of idiotic content.  Let's see, it appears the bot's template is:

1) Paste leftist MSM link

2) Add weak, unhumorous insult or meme

3) All Cap:  "LMAO!" or derivatives thereof to show self-gratification of #1 and #2

4) Attempt to reinforce with unrelated statement of opinion presented as fact

5) Finish with a forced generalization, such as "Cult" reference, or some other projection of the liberal left mindset

And it goes on and on and on, in various forms of course.  Maybe mix it up now and then, but the messaging is very much the same.

Meanwhile, it's good to see the southern states improving on infections and lower mortality, as predicted by many.  Let's hope this continues so we can get back to cheering on our Fighting Sioux en masse.

Go Sioux!

taz

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Yes, I think it will play very well to Americans who are sick and tired of the looting and lawlessness being allowed in democratic run cities.  Enough is enough and many Americans are beginning to help law enforcement defend their property and businesses. Many examples of this going on.  

There's a big difference between defending your property and pointing guns at people that showed no intention of even stepping foot on your property. 

Just now, Redneksioux said:

There's a big difference between defending your property and pointing guns at people that showed no intention of even stepping foot on your property. 

The "mob" was beating their chest to show power by marching in an area they had no business being in.  The property owners were returning the favor, letting them know what would happen, should they turn their "peaceful protest" into looting/property damage.  So it's ok for them to march on private property illegaly but it's not ok for someone to show they will defend that property, should the protest get out of line?  Ok, got it.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

the reason they had no intentions is because they HAD guns....simple concept

15 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Left-wing talk show host Don Lemon, seems to think the rioting and looting is starting to affect the DNC poll numbers. 

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well ok, that's 1 poll.  

If we look at polls collectively, Biden has a good advantage.  Does this mean he'll win?  Of course not.  But more often than not polls collectively predict the winner. 

The polls are over sampling Democrats. All you have to do is look in the poll internals to see that. 

4 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

The "mob" was beating their chest to show power by marching in an area they had no business being in.  The property owners were returning the favor, letting them know what would happen, should they turn their "peaceful protest" into looting/property damage.  So it's ok for them to march on private property illegaly but it's not ok for someone to show they will defend that property, should the protest get out of line?  Ok, got it.   

Go ahead and show force, but do not point gun at someone/something you do not intend to shoot.

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well ok, that's 1 poll.  

If we look at polls collectively, Biden has a good advantage.  Does this mean he'll win?  Of course not.  But more often than not polls collectively predict the winner. 

This guy seems to do a pretty good job at predicting.  

https://news.stonybrook.edu/facultystaff/maverick-modeller-helmut-norpoth-predicts-another-win-for-trump/

59 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Gotta agree with this.  I think they’ll be let off.  The DA is overreaching.   

That said, legal ≠ responsible.  Just because a particular act is legal doesn't make it the smartest thing to do; which is why many people are shaking their heads at the GOP for choosing these idiots to speak.   Who's next, George Zimmerman?    Sure, the GOP can say it's an issue of gun rights (which it is), but we'd be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the huge political undercurrent of parading people around who pointed guns at protesters.      

Vs. the inability to call some protestors what they have become in some cases.....rioters.  

Its politics and the lines have been drawn. In my opinion (and apparently Don Lemon) one is going to play a lot better come November in the suburbs.