SiouxSports.com Forum

GAMEDAY - DU @ UND - No Love Lost

GoalieMask

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Weatherby would be a top 6 guy on any other team in the nation. 

Totally agree.  It'll be interesting to see where he is used next year, as it looks like we should return all of the center's from this years team (Adams, Pinto, Senden, Weatherby).  Great problem to have.  I could see a "Carter Rowney-like" Junior year out of Weatherby next year.

2 hours ago, Irish said:

Nice win - Great effort by Thome.  Great character - doesn't get playing time for the first half of the season and works on his game and steps up when called.  

Have to give Karl a ton of credit for getting him in the right place mentally and honing his playing.

Thome said as much in an article somewhere ... Karl wouldn’t let him get frustrated about playing time. Hopefully he is doing the same with Scheel now.

Karls contribution to this team has been significant!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

MafiaMan was in the house and on the big screen last night.  I am not sure, but that may be why it malfunctioned in the third period.  :ohmy:

No that was when he tried to lay one on me during "Kiss Cam"!

#cutaway

#Valentinesday

#bromance

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Anyone noticed how much Tychonick played after he took a penalty on his first shift (might have been 2nd)? 

I was thinking the same thing. Didn’t notice him out there much if at all after he took that I’ll-advised offensive zone penalty in the second period.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

No that was when he tried to lay one on me during "Kiss Cam"!

#cutaway

#Valentinesday

#bromance

Be honest, was the barbershop quartet I hired to serenade you at our pre-game dinner at The Italian Moon a bit over the top?  

#fermyOxbow6

#toomuchtoosoon

#pleaseanswermytextmessages

1 hour ago, Siouxman said:

MafiaMan was in the house and on the big screen last night.  I am not sure, but that may be why it malfunctioned in the third period.  :ohmy:

When he was on the big screen did he yell, “Load up the bus, we’re going to Detroit”?:D

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Shaw gone. Karl in.

Big turn around in one season.

Two seasons of missing the tournament. Two seasons with Karl gone.

Coincidence?

Not purely, but people need to be careful about being too simplistic about it.  There are other factors, including, as Berry mentioned last night, a very large and experienced senior class.  And a definite talent uptick.   It would be just as easy to say Pinto's arrival has made all the difference. 

I personally believe it's a host of factors, all good. 

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

You boys better hit all the hot spots in Grand Forks tonight!  Don't leave any beers for the next guy; it's not often we take 11 of 12 points from DU.  I think it's time for a really futile and stupid gesture be done on someone's part...We're just the guys to do it!  #belushi  #mafiaman

8 hours ago, burd said:

Not purely, but people need to be careful about being too simplistic about it.  There are other factors, including, as Berry mentioned last night, a very large and experienced senior class.  And a definite talent uptick.   It would be just as easy to say Pinto's arrival has made all the difference. 

I personally believe it's a host of factors, all good. 

Yeah, my point was geared mostly to the goaltending mentality and the power play, which I believe he is running and has really heated up.

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

You boys better hit all the hot spots in Grand Forks tonight!  Don't leave any beers for the next guy; it's not often we take 11 of 12 points from DU.  I think it's time for a really futile and stupid gesture be done on someone's part...We're just the guys to do it!  #belushi  #mafiaman

11 out of 12 points from a DU team that was #5 in the Pairwise after we took those 11 from them.