SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

There would have to be some major changes happening overnight for this team to turn it around. 

6-2 UMD

Didn't see the game Brian.  Was d zone the killer or easy access through the neutral zone?

(Not the goalie right?  Its never us...:lol:)

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Didn't see the game Brian.  Was d zone the killer or easy access through the neutral zone?

(Not the goalie right?  Its never us...:lol:)

Too many breakaways, too many d zone meltdowns, and a couple that Scheel would want back. IMO with green goggles on, that first UMD goal was iffy to count after it was waived off on the ice and then all momentum was lost after the SHG. 
It’s a bit baffling that the d corps and Scheel are playing so poorly. Our defensive group is stacked. Hopefully they can right the ship, and quickly. 

Duluth broke down our structure with fast physical play. They didn’t allow us to make the kind of plays we like to make when we have a little time and space.  I’ve been in those games where the pace is so fast that you can’t think, you just have to react and not make a dumb play.

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Duluth broke down our structure with fast physical play. They didn’t allow us to make the kind of plays we like to make when we have a little time and space.  I’ve been in those games where the pace is so fast that you can’t think, you just have to react and not make a dumb play.

That's literally Herter in a nutshell with their d play when they don't have the puck.  

Sandy gets all deserved credit, but Herter is a gem.  He should get a chance at a head coaching gig.

18 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Too many breakaways, too many d zone meltdowns, and a couple that Scheel would want back. IMO with green goggles on, that first UMD goal was iffy to count after it was waived off on the ice and then all momentum was lost after the SHG. 
It’s a bit baffling that the d corps and Scheel are playing so poorly. Our defensive group is stacked. Hopefully they can right the ship, and quickly. 

Thome or Scheel tonight?

Tough to see back in time but the way UND was playing prior to the SHG I'd say if Scheel makes that save UND wins by a couple.  To say the wheels fell off the bus after the shorty is an understatement.

52 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Tough to see back in time but the way UND was playing prior to the SHG I'd say if Scheel makes that save UND wins by a couple.  To say the wheels fell off the bus after the shorty is an understatement.

100% agree with this. We absolutely dominated that first 10 minutes of the second. It was a big time let down.

59 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

31 gets the call again? Or Thome Time?

After Scheel's last 2 starts I have a hard time imagining Berry sends him back out tonight.

Ugh. I just don't see it with Thome. He's just not very good positionally nor moving side to side. Against the pace of UMD, this not a good thing. I want Scheel back in there. 

I think Thome gets the start and if the Sioux keeps it simple=north/south game, I like our chances to keep it close..lol.  The boys just got outworked and maybe outcoached last night, but a couple saves/plays, last night the Sioux could've had a different outcome I believe...it will be fun/interesting to see how the Sioux respond tonight.

Just now, JaDubbs said:

I think Thome gets the start and if the Sioux keeps it simple=north/south game, I like our chances to keep it close..lol.  The boys just got outworked and maybe outcoached last night, but a couple saves/plays, last night the Sioux could've had a different outcome I believe...it will be fun/interesting to see how the Sioux respond tonight.

First 40 was fine. We won the first half of both the first and second, IMO. Wheels fell off in the third as we got desperate and out of position. I believe in the team and the skill we have. I believe we'll see a good bounce back. 

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

First 40 was fine. We won the first half of both the first and second, IMO. Wheels fell off in the third as we got desperate and out of position. I believe in the team and the skill we have. I believe we'll see a good bounce back. 

I agree, it was looking really good til that shorty and the momentum changed and we didn't have an answer and the goal at the end of the second was a back breaker.