SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors.....JBD vs Pinto.

Wilbur

U.S. leaves a lot to be desired with the defensive group. As a whole gave Canada way too much space to operate in 5-on-5 and specialty situations. The power play looked real good. U.S. needs guys like Wahlstrom, Caulfield, and Zegras to show up and also realize you can't stick handle though everyone here.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

K’Andre Miller has never impressed me. He proved why today. 

Wisconsin fans have griped quite a bit about Miller this season. I see why now. Oof.

As for Knight, he’s been excellent at BC and part of the reason for their turnaround. I’m going to reserve judging him considering he didn’t get much help from the defense.

US team doesn’t have an identity yet either...you could tell a bunch of guys we’re not on same page.  The Lafreniere goal was a bad play by The D and an excellent play by Alex.  He’s the highest regarded player in the tournament, you can’t let him put up 4 points. I think he just showed how much better he is than the USA DCorps

40 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

US team doesn’t have an identity yet either...you could tell a bunch of guys we’re not on same page.  The Lafreniere goal was a bad play by The D and an excellent play by Alex.  He’s the highest regarded player in the tournament, you can’t let him put up 4 points. I think he just showed how much better he is than the USA DCorps

What do you think about using Pinto between Zegras and Brink?  

26 minutes ago, BrandonH61 said:

Anyone else see this? Seems like a ridiculous article to me. I can’t pick out any words that he says.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/videos/usa-s-shane-pinto-tells-cameraman-to-f-off-after-loss-to-canada

Right by one of the IIHF officials.....ahhhhhh yeah.......guessing somebody's reaching on this one.....

2 hours ago, BrandonH61 said:

Anyone else see this? Seems like a ridiculous article to me. I can’t pick out any words that he says.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/videos/usa-s-shane-pinto-tells-cameraman-to-f-off-after-loss-to-canada

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

No way is that what he said.  What an idiot blogger.

Total clown blogger. He clearly knows what he's talking about...

"We understand it can be upsetting to lose, especially in the opener in such an important contest against long-time rival. On top of that, Spencer Knight had just tied the game for the USA when - just seven seconds later - Alexis Lafreniere became the game hero, scoring the game-winning goal."

:blink::silly:

Lowest form of "journalism"... gross.