SiouxSports.com Forum

BSU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Very interested to see how tonight's game will go, can't really disagree with anything that was said about last nights game, it was a really bad performance for most of the night. Small sample size, but we've seen a lot more quality / solid performances as last night was the first time this year they were completely out of sorts. The one thing that sticks out to me as the difference between last year and this year in this type of game, is having Pinto. What I mean is last year, when they couldn't score, it felt like they would never score. Every time Pinto is on the ice, I have hope the tide can turn. I wish they didn't switch off of Blaisdell so fast in the 3rd, I really liked him with Pinto / Michaud. 

A wins a win, you're not going to find a team in the country that doesn't have a couple games like this every year. Huge to come out on top and I'm guessing we see a much improved team tonight.

Pinto is that puck possession player we haven't had in three years. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I thought Adams had a really good game at center. Didn't like the move initially to put Michaud on the wing because he's really good defensively, but Adams really excelled. That was one of the best offensive games I've seen 18 play.

Pinto is just so solid. 

Missed Bast tonight, for sure.

I agree I thought Adams was our best player tonight. That had to be #6 worst game of his career and #17 should be in a suit right now. He has got a long way to go and easily the odd man out of the top 6 right.

38 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Trusting no one was hurt jumping off and on the bandwagon.

I'm not sure that calling out our absolutely lackluster and punchless play for most of the game constitutes "jumping off the bandwagon" - especially when we have seen this play before (see last year).  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

I'm not sure that calling out our absolutely lackluster and punchless play for most of the game constitutes "jumping off the bandwagon" - especially when we have seen this play before (see last year).  

First time this season UND forgot that they could use the center third of the ice when transitioning out of the D zone and/or thru the neutral zone.  Very similar to the style of play the last couple years.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.  Bemidji plays a style of “hockey” that I can’t stand, but they play it well.  Hard to play against, not going for possession or flow, but disrupt and collapse and try pounce on turnovers or win with the pp.  Especially dangerous when they score first.  It’s the style that will never make me a Wild fan...Lemaire ruined it for me years ago...it’s not just the trap aka left wing lock or a 1-1-3 or 1-0-4 forecheck.  It’s the whole approach.  Win the hockey game by not playing hockey...

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Gotta give credit where credit is due.  Bemidji plays a style of “hockey” that I can’t stand, but they play it well.  Hard to play against, not going for possession or flow, but disrupt and collapse and try pounce on turnovers or win with the pp.  Especially dangerous when they score first.  It’s the style that will never make me a Wild fan...Lemaire ruined it for me years ago...it’s not just the trap aka left wing lock or a 1-1-3 or 1-0-4 forecheck.  It’s the whole approach.  Win the hockey game by not playing hockey...

This is why I'm happy BSU isnt in the NCHC.  And I wouldn't mind if the schools took a break from playing each other.  Get a home and home with a Penn State or a Maine (whatever team fits the non trap narrative).

It's a good early season test against a tough defensive team, but the only reason you ever watch a BSU game is if your team is playing them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

This is why I'm happy BSU isnt in the NCHC.  And I wouldn't mind if the schools took a break from playing each other.  Get a home and home with a Penn State or a Maine (whatever team fits the non trap narrative).

It's a good early season test against a tough defensive team, but the only reason you ever watch a BSU game is if your team is playing them. 

I kind of agree, it's starting to feel like playing Bemidji is a lose lose for und. If you lose it's a killer, if you win yeah you were supposed to. All the while their coaches become intimately familiar with how we play, coach, make adjustments and can craft their teams and style to beat us.

Speaking of adjustments, please take the drop back pass on the pp and kill it with fire. Bemidji had it sniffed out after one go round.

• Upvote 2