SiouxSports.com Forum

Say a prayer for Tanner Palmborg

SiouxVolley

If it truly is a torn acl, which it likely seems to be....I feel terrible for Tanner.   Played the game the way it should be played. Great player. Not the way a player wants to end his college career  :(

If Tanners season is done ....I would like to see Rastas move over to OLB.  Absolutely love his style .  His size is more adequate for OLB.  Plus he’s buried deep at ILB.....get his talent on the field. 

22 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

If it truly is a torn acl, which it likely seems to be....I feel terrible for Tanner.   Played the game the way it should be played. Great player. Not the way a player wants to end his college career  :(

If Tanners season is done ....I would like to see Rastas move over to OLB.  Absolutely love his style .  His size is more adequate for OLB.  Plus he’s buried deep at ILB.....get his talent on the field. 

Does he run well enough though? Tanner's wheels were a huge asset to our defense. He’s a huge loss.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Does he run well enough though? Tanner's wheels were a huge asset to our defense. He’s a huge loss.

Tanner is huge loss. It sucks for him and the team.  Rastas is more like Jade is aspect of speed but the OLB position is light in numbers and Rastas plays a great game. His chances of seeing the field at ILB are very low.  I think it would be an asset to the team with him on the field somewhere.  He was a freshman all American last year.  

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pretty much sums it up. Coaches know when they just lost a good player and even a better kid. 

Saw the play live.........was tough to see.

Looked identical to Zeke Ott's non contact injury.Tough break for a senior. He'll be missed.

20 hours ago, sprig said:

Looked identical to Zeke Ott's non contact injury.Tough break for a senior. He'll be missed.

Someone should write a book, "Human Limitations of the Body".  Seriously, I understand playing in the moment, but Palmborg was running near full speed, jumped 15 feet, and upon landing thought he could cut at a 90 degree angle.  No one's knee will stand up to that.  Ott only tried to cut at about a 50 degree angle near full speed, that didn't work so well either.  Can a player understand human limitations, probably not??  Do we ever talk about high speed sharp cuts with the players, probably not.  Should we? - Maybe 

• 2 weeks later...