SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

SWSiouxMN

18 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What? Are you kidding? Didn't you get the memo that its "all about teaching life lessons" and "all about the relationships". After all, this is no different than high school, right? (sarcasm) :silly: :(:angry:

Chaves picked one heck of a time to take over this athletic department. #darkdaysreturn

Following this past wknd's UND sports debacle and the football season and hockey season (to date) I was thinking the same thing regarding Chaves and his decision to come here.  Another tough football season next year and he's really going to be earning his money.  

• Like 1

Klabo is very good player but when brew put together this year with everything evolving around her was putting cap on this team. For the last 3 years we have seen this funk with his Teams but I think its because he lost the team and nobody believing in the system. I go back to last year when season ended we lost Freije with no explanation for her leaving but usually don't loose Junior that is your second leading scorer unless there are big problems internally. If Freije had been the problem we should have seen improvement in the team and team moral and we haven't so by process of elimination we still must have problem with team chemistry. We may never know what the problem is but for sure there's something wrong with the team chemistry. The one problem we have for sure we don't have player that can take out side shot and make it consistently. I should correct myself and say is we have no one willing to take that shot beside Strand and our two post players of Klabo and Leet. The big question is can some of these other girls shoot from outside I don't know but we also haven't seen them ever take the shot either and this is where I am wondering if maybe we do have players that could be better but restrictions they are playing under we never find out what we have for talent. 

The one thing for sure is next year we will have different team out on the floor with six senior graduating this year. I also thought that we would get a little of change in the system of the team with new assistant coaches hired this year. If anything its like we have doubled down on the system with star player to be go to player and everything has to go through her. I wonder if Brew is on double secret probation with Chaves this year but if I guess right nothing will be done until his contract comes up for renewal. 

This South Dakota game is really showing our weakness as team that I saw all of last year we need some better shooting guards. We have nobody to take a three and make it and even from guard nobody even can hit 15 foot shot either. I wonder if they have even worked on their outside shooting this year because I don't see any offense that even set up the outside three spot where guard get a good look. Where I have not been as critical of men's team I am with women basketball we haven't gotten any better since the beginning of the season if any thing I think were slipping backwards. If anybody else see's a positive with this women's team I would glad to hear this but I haven't seen anything for at least last 4 games. Also to me were playing awful chippy game of clutching and grabbing and not clean game. I don't see much that can be done with this team. The coaches better be out on the recruiting trail trying to find some guards that can play in the Summit and this going to take couple years before were even think about competing with top teams in the conference.

12 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

This South Dakota game is really showing our weakness as team that I saw all of last year we need some better shooting guards. We have nobody to take a three and make it and even from guard nobody even can hit 15 foot shot either. I wonder if they have even worked on their outside shooting this year because I don't see any offense that even set up the outside three spot where guard get a good look. Where I have not been as critical of men's team I am with women basketball we haven't gotten any better since the beginning of the season if any thing I think were slipping backwards. If anybody else see's a positive with this women's team I would glad to hear this but I haven't seen anything for at least last 4 games. Also to me were playing awful chippy game of clutching and grabbing and not clean game. I don't see much that can be done with this team. The coaches better be out on the recruiting trail trying to find some guards that can play in the Summit and this going to take couple years before were even think about competing with top teams in the conference.

Manson from Sheyenne coming in next year but hasn't exactly lit the EDC on fire so far this season........and there are a number of really bad GBB teams in the EDC right now.

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That Roseau girl needs to be the real deal from day 1

Kacie Borowicz. She's a good one. Her older sister just scored 37 recently for MSUM. They also have a younger sister who's a HS sophomore. Kacie IMO is a better get than Manson.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Manson from Sheyenne coming in next year but hasn't exactly lit the EDC on fire so far this season........and there are a number of really bad GBB teams in the EDC right now.

I saw Manson play recently. She is good but didn’t come across to me as a program changer.

we have a bunch of short skinny guards who can’t shoot very well

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Keplin is firing away out in Biz.  She has shot 117 three pointers in only 13 games!  :ohmy:  Made 44 of them, not bad.  

averaging 20 points a game.  Zander over in Mandan is averaging 18/game.

Both really good. Zander is a player.

I think Reinke has room to grow but Brew has done very little to help develop her as player. I don't know the reason for this but I thought since end of last year she should be getting more playing time. I never have been great fan of Morton I think she plays out of control and has no outside scoring ability strictly drive and shoot player and most of time looks like she's forcing a shot. I also think she gets whole team playing that style of basketball but Brew sees something in her style of basketball play.  I think they need to have assistant coach that works with the guards and outside game.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, Cratter said:

At least the men's games have been competitive.

Brew with back to back to back double digit blowouts losses.

Now back to back to back losses.  And tonight's 30 point loss (gulp) vs S Dak was not that close.  We were down by 42 and the deficit growing but we had like a 12  point run in 4th qtr vs their subs.  Shoot 24%, 1 of 15 on 3 pt fg attempts, and 23 turnovers.  This is getting embarrassing, not even semi-competitive.     

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sioux_FF said:

16 first half points for the ladies tonight.  I was hoping for an offensive explosion more like the 20 points the Men had last night in the 1st half!

Seriously, in this day and age of the 3 point fg and defenders can't hand check players w/o being whistled for a foul, how can we only get 16 pts in a half with div 1 basketball players and be shooting 18% midway thru the 3rd qtr?  It just boggles my mind.  Are we recruiting that bad or are the players simply not improving after they arrive (prime example, senior Bailey Strand).   

Look at the facilities below... Everyone is blaming Brew or the players or recruiting and I get it, but the fact of the matter is until we catch up facilities wise we will never get the recruits that go to those places below.   Grand Forks is a way better town then vermillion and brookings and fargo, is well, just fargo! It’s not about town or location, its about what we can sell IMO.  Everyone down I-29 has a new arena and practice facility.  With that comes all the amenities, think UND hockey(not to even that extreme), the sell is convience and niceness/bells and whistles.  Great locker rooms, brand new weight rooms, team rooms, study rooms, 24/7 access to a court(dont have to wait until practice if another team is in the arena, i would think then).  I have friends that are season ticket holders at all 3 spots and they say its night and day ... We need our admin to step up and catch up, cause the Betty doesn’t have much of that, or yes it will be hard.  Again, just an opinion!

031854CB-1A25-47B9-A99A-A99ECA08292E.jpeg6BB3958C-4622-49F7-8C8D-965BE26FE56D.thumb.jpeg.509eb2df572095e4524316782466fcdf.jpeg

6BB3958C-4622-49F7-8C8D-965BE26FE56D.jpeg

24A385ED-FBB8-4151-BD11-4B9E34C224BC.jpeg

995AA7BF-1A1E-486A-95EA-188B58D4F5C0.jpeg

67EC3D78-59EF-4DFB-9B41-5C6DA002FAB7.jpeg

• Upvote 1