SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, sprig said:

Youg got it close to verbatim. 

BTW, was told that Lucia never has been at a fan luncheon. 

Lowell's story comparing Lucia's "no" to getting turned down for a movie date by the hottest girl in the Zeeland area when he was a senior was priceless. 

I laughed pretty hard at that one. Had to look Zeeland up to see it has a population of 86 :lol:

17 minutes ago, sprig said:

Youg got it close to verbatim. 

BTW, was told that Lucia never has been at a fan luncheon. 

Lowell's story comparing Lucia's "no" to getting turned down for a movie date by the hottest girl in the Zeeland area when he was a senior was priceless. 

Lowell forgot to mention there was just ONE hot girl in Zeeland when he was a Sr..........and she was hanging with Bubba!

57 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Something along the lines of(EMPHASIS ON THIS BEING A SUMMARY)...

My parents said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.... BUT since I've been an assistant or head coach here we have never had an opposing coach so I was shocked to hear 'No' to Lowell Schweigert's invite to Don Lucia. When I was an assistant under Blais, even though he may not have wanted to he went to the UofM boosters luncheon and made Hak and myself come with. The reason is because despite us being very competitive on the ice, after the games we are respectful of each other because hockey is a small world. When I told the guys(UND team) about this in the locker room their eyes got really big. This is why we are so proud of how we conduct ourselves at UND and do things the right way.

At one point, he apologized because he was getting worked up. It definitely seemed like he took it as an affront to our program & I don't disagree. 

If someone that was there thinks I am not summarizing this well or missed something please interject but this is what I got out of it. My friend and I were blown away that he was basically savaging Lucia and not mincing words whatsoever. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some words spoken between those 2 this weekend no matter the outcome of the games.

Let's hope the passion from our team matches Berry's passion.  Best way to get back at Lucia is o send him home on the wrong side of the scoreboard!

32 minutes ago, tnt said:

Let's hope the passion from our team matches Berry's passion.  Best way to get back at Lucia is o send him home on the wrong side of the scoreboard!

You could feel the tension in the room getting amped up.  If his goal was to elevate this game to another level, he accomplished it.

I was ready to lace the skates up...... then promptly fall on my face.

• Upvote 3