SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am saying the pieces were not in place to begin with. We haven't lost that many players (9) in one off-season in a long time. The complaints about Hakstol were rooted in having talent up and down the line-up and then choking in the clutch when it mattered most (Frozen Four). This program is not going down the toilet like some people think. We will be back.

Aren't you part of the "we don't rebuild, we reload" crowd?  Isn't a good chunk of the job bringing in some new recruits too?  Looks like UND has swung and missed a bit lately.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The biggest falasy in this horrendous thought process. Is that ......

Deep playoff runs DO NOT MEAN losing the big one.....a deep run is the ONLY way to possibly win a title.

Being "ok" with a season of pathetic performance does not mean a title did or did not happen....it means a title CAN NOT happen.....good lord.

I'm sorry.....but what?

Just now, Cratter said:

Just think of this team as the 2008 and 2009 UND teams. All three teams will have the same amount of NCAA playoff wins. 

And the Cleveland Browns and Dalas Cowboys each had zero playoff wins this past NFL season.  Which franchise would you rather be?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

Ahhh, I suppose the jabs people seem to be throwing this year about Hak/Berry,National Title finally versus consistent success, but playoff gut wrenching losses was bound to happen.  But man...it's getting sickening on here.

I for one am ok with the down season after FINALLY winning it all last year.  I'd much rather have the last 12 months of hockey than what we were having every year previous.  I guess I don't understand the thought pattern behind those who would rather see us have great regular seasons only to blow it all when it matters instead of having a title one year and than a year like this one. 

I'm not saying it's over this year by any means, but I tell you what...having a down year after winning IT ALL is certainly preferable to me over having 2 GREAT regular seasons with long playoff runs, but nothing to show for it at the end of April.  To each their own though. 

So what high-end talent does Berry have coming in next year to prevent another debacle like this season?  

If Minnesota wins it all this year, we'll all forget about last year's magical run in a hurry.

Now excuse me while I go puke...

10 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Good, I can't take his lackadaisical play anymore.  At some point we need him to be the reason we win a game.  That 1st goal was inexcusable.  He has to have that one.  If I were Berry, I would consider Rinks in the next game.   

Our third string goalie who hasn't really seen much ice time will start next year.... Be careful what you wish for.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

St. Cloud plays CC at home.

UND plays Miami on the road.

I'd say St Cloud has a good chance to pass UND for home ice. 

And last road trip UND was swept.  Miami split with UND last time they were here.  They are only 6 points back of UND.  My statement had nothing to say about home ice, it was look where we may end up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If Minnesota wins it all this year, we'll all forget about last year's magical run in a hurry.

Minnesota winning a National Championship will have no barring on all the great memories I will have for a lifetime from watching UND win the National Championship in Tampa.

• Upvote 3

Just now, MafiaMan said:

So what high-end talent does Berry have coming in next year to prevent another debacle like this season?  

Now excuse me while I go puke...

I honestly think that we have the talent.  But since you are referencing MN, I guess I will throw out what ol Herb Brooks said when he stated, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."   I believe we have a hangover from last year, which happens often in sports.  Again, the title last year goes a long way for me in regards to being able to accept this year. 

Also....Minnesota isn't winning it this year.  They are in a joke of a conference, they'd get absolutely destroyed by UMD or Denver. 

Just now, beebsb010 said:

I honestly think that we have the talent.  But since you are referencing MN, I guess I will throw out what ol Herb Brooks said when he stated, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."   I believe we have a hangover from last year, which happens often in sports.  Again, the title last year goes a long way for me in regards to being able to accept this year. 

Also....Minnesota isn't winning it this year.  They are in a joke of a conference, they'd get absolutely destroyed by UMD or Denver. 

We can only hope.....

9 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

You guys realize, if we get swept next weekend, we could be playing Duluth or Denver? 

If we end up in Denver it's officially over.  Like there is a snowball in hell chance we could figure our elbow from our armpit in Duluth, but we aren't winning two games at Magness.

Then Jost can just stay in Denver and suit up for the avs after UND is officially out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Our third string goalie who hasn't really seen much ice time will start next year.... Be careful what you wish for.

Or it may be the kid from the USHL?  I am well aware of what I am talking about.  Johnson is not playing well this year and it shows what a great defense in front of a goalie does him.  He has let in so many weak goals this year and it actually caused a benching in one game against Miami.  It may be time for the same. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Cratter said:

Minnesota winning a National Championship will have no barring on all the great memories I will have for a lifetime from watching UND win the National Championship in Tampa.

I'd concur with that...until 2016 becomes 2031 and UND is still looking for #9...

9 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

And last road trip UND was swept.  Miami split with UND last time they were here.  They are only 6 points back of UND.  My statement had nothing to say about home ice, it was look where we may end up. 

If UND gets swept, there's no guarantee they'd play DU or Duluth. UND could still finish above SCSU and Omaha even after getting swept. 

4 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

That joke of a conference's patsy kicked our sorry asses all over the ice in their visit to Grand Forks earlier this season.  Minnesota is more than capable of winning it all this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That joke of a conference's patsy kicked our sorry asses all over the ice in their visit to Grand Forks earlier this season.  Minnesota is more than capable of winning it all this year.

And their conference's ALMIGHTY team (that a lot of people on here seem to be calling you out on lately for having a fixation with?) barely beat us in their own barn this year.  So I'm not sure what your point is. 

They wouldn't be playing us in the playoffs.  They'd be playing UMD or Denver (my guess) and they'd get crushed.  By the way.....I'm a gambling man.   ;)

• Upvote 1