Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OgieOgilthorpe

ND High School Hockey 16-17

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

Yeah that was the year.  Bob was the coach for 4-5 seasons before Gusto came in and had multiple winning seasons.

How did they do in state? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Any updates on the RR vs EGF game? 

Red River won 4-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, darell1976 said:

They do. It should be Warren-Alvarado-Oslo.

How do Manvel kids graduate from Warren-Alvarado-Oslo then, as they just did last year?  Some Manvel kids might petition to go to HS in Grand Forks, but only agreements between districts will allow ND kids to go to Minn High Schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

How do Manvel kids graduate from Warren-Alvarado-Oslo then, as they just did last year?  Some Manvel kids might petition to go to HS in Grand Forks, but only agreements between districts will allow ND kids to go to Minn High Schools.

You know Manvel is in North Dakota right? I graduated from Central and most of the kids went to Central with the exception of a few that wanted to Red River. Or are you saying there is an agreement between the districts. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bang said:

You know Manvel is in North Dakota right? I graduated from Central and most of the kids went to Central with the exception of a few that wanted to Red River. 

Same here. Kids from Manvel and the base went to GFC. (most of them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bang said:

You know Manvel is in North Dakota right? I graduated from Central and most of the kids went to Central with the exception of a few that wanted to Red River. 

I graduated from Central too, and there weren't any Manvel kids in my class to my knowledge, but they went to Oslo, which didnt coop with Warren at the time.  Manvel has to have an agreement with W-A-O, as it has some Manvel kids.  Those Manvel kids can now petition to go to another school, but only in ND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darell1976 said:

Same here. Kids from Manvel and the base went to GFC. (most of them)

I had niece graduate last year from Central I believe it's the same. I do remember some rural kids that went to Manvel til 8th grade then went to a different high school. Don't remember which one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Same here. Kids from Manvel and the base went to GFC. (most of them)

Base kids now go predominantly to GFC.  But that didn't used to be the case.  The rural kids at GFC when I was there were all in the GF school district boundary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

How did they do in state? 

01-02 played one of the GF teams and lost by a goal I believe. Then beat Bismarck High, then lost to a Fargo team. They were missing their best player Ryan Wolf most of the year with ugly knee injury. 03-04 we lost to RR and Minot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

DL beat Davies tonight. Any other updates? 

Minot 7   Jamestown 1.  DL outshot Davies 48-24 and scored with a little over 2 min. to play to defeat Davies 2-1, avenging an earlier 6-2 defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Minot 7   Jamestown 1.  DL outshot Davies 48-24 and scored with a little over 2 min. to play to defeat Davies 2-1, avenging an earlier 6-2 defeat.

Minot is always so hard to read. They might be better than I thought.

Good for DL, I believe they outshot them last time too despite getting beat by 4 goals. I believe 2 of them were empty netters, but still. Anyway, I think DL might land the 3 spot. I don't see anyone knocking off GFC or RR from #1 or #2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Minot is always so hard to read. They might be better than I thought.

Good for DL, I believe they outshot them last time too despite getting beat by 4 goals. I believe 2 of them were empty netters, but still. Anyway, I think DL might land the 3 spot. I don't see anyone knocking off GFC or RR from #1 or #2. 

Minot is a ***** to figure out in pretty much any sport a lot of the time.  They have such big class sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 5:29 PM, sioux rube said:

As far as I know yes there was real talk about this happening. But if they are winless in Junior Gold then I highly doubt it happens. 

Yes, they were expected to move up to high school hockey this year (Watford City). They delayed it a couple years at least, maybe because they have a fairly good bantam team. Only 6 junior gold teams left in the state, 3 east (Mayport, Langdon, Grand Forks) and 3 west  (Sidney, Watford, Crosby). Williston, Minot and Fargo have dropped out, Cando has been out for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sprig said:

Yes, they were expected to move up to high school hockey this year (Watford City). They delayed it a couple years at least, maybe because they have a fairly good bantam team. Only 6 junior gold teams left in the state, 3 east (Mayport, Langdon, Grand Forks) and 3 west  (Sidney, Watford, Crosby). Williston, Minot and Fargo have dropped out, Cando has been out for awhile.

Thanks sprig 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 10:25 PM, gfhockey said:

I'd like to see gf have one team like an Edina and see how they do in aa in Minnesota. 

 

Top 15 team?

If you could base anything on how they do in youth hockey a combined GF team would definitely be a top 15 team in Minnesota HS AA class.  The Aviators have done very well against that competition.  The Aviator Bantam team has beat some of the top programs in MN this year.  No reason to think that would not continue in high school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like RR has finally turned a corner and is starting to appear as the team everyone thought they would be. Definitely wont be a 7-1 game next time they play Central. Central and RR will be the easy #1 and #2 in the east followed by the toss up of South, DL and Davies. The last 2 spots for state will come down to some close games at EDC. 

Out west, Minot seems to be showing some consistency other than almost blowing another game against Century. The #4 spot in the West seems to be the only question mark. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Dickinson 3 Jamestown 1. One ugly sloppy game on both sides. 

 

That was a surprise to me. I really thought Jamestown was going to finish in the top 3-4 pretty easily out west. Good to see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...