SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Has the BHS and central game gone final yet? 

Minot lost to Roseau 6-2 in the Roseau tournament this weekend but Devils Lake has advanced to the championship by defeating lake of the woods and a Winnipeg high school team. 

Where did you find the results?

18 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Where did you find the results?

Had to dig deep- Roseau Rams twitter feed updates via Roseau Rams high school hockey website. Looks like the Rams spanked irondale 8-1 so they will play DL for the championship. Minot beat Park Rapids 7-1 in the consolation bracket. Good showing by ND teams! 

6 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

It's a good site for updated scores. They do a good job getting them posted soon after games are over. 

Sadly, it took me a little time to find the actual site even after you pointed it out.  I've always looked under "EDC" or sometimes under "WDA" for the scores, etc., so it's good to know where to actually find them.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 4:47 PM, OgieOgilthorpe said:

GFC is the clear #1 in the state this season and HB is the obvious bottom feeder, but what are your thoughts on all of the teams in between? 

My early season rankings:

East:   1. Grand Forks Central

2. Grand Forks Red River

3. Fargo Davies

4. Devils Lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Fargo South/Shanley

6. Fargo North

7. West Fargo

8. Grafton

West:  1. Bismarck High

2. BC

3. Jamestown

4. Minot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Mandan

6. Dickinson

7. Williston

8. Bott

9. Hazen/Beulah

So far I won't even touch my East Predictions. My West predictions needed some shuffling: Williston is better than Bott, and BC deserves the jump over Minot and Jamestown.

With the way EGF has been playing, I anticipate them beating both Central and RR in their upcoming games this week. If Nick Lund was still with Central instead of being with EGF I would have gone with GFC over EGF. 

Other upcoming pivotal games: Jamestown takes on Mandan and then Minot this week. These two games could very well solidify some positions in the Western standings. In the East I see both South and Davies will take on DL this week. Another set of games that will further mesh the standings, but this time in the EDC. 

Should be a great week of HS hockey! 

53 minutes ago, siouxperseven said:

Tough game for EGF last night. Parents said Lund hasn't practiced in 2 weeks due to injury. He looked tired and Selk just came back from injury. Centrals good. Real speed and disrupt play. Central finally should get the elusive banner.

Elusive banner? If they hung banners, they would need to spread them out through the Purpur and the Gam to fit them all. Winning in 2010 really doesn't seem that long ago does it? Are you referring to their 2014 title getting robbed by BHS maybe? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Elusive banner? If they hung banners, they would need to spread them out through the Purpur and the Gam to fit them all. Winning in 2010 really doesn't seem that long ago does it? Are you referring to their 2014 title getting robbed by BHS maybe? 

I think it was a reference to the last three years and the 2nd, 2nd and 3rd place finishes. I think they do get over the hump this year.