SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Just now, bigskyvikes said:

All I'm saying is I'm willing to bet this weekend does not mean they will not make the tournament! 

Not disagreeing with this. Long season but UND has dug themselves a big hole to climb out of. They can always just win the NCHC tournament then the Pairwise is irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not disagreeing with this. Long season but UND has dug themselves a big hole to climb out of. They can always just win the NCHC tournament then the Pairwise is irrelevant.

Would be nice to have a good performance, for the first time,  in the target center

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was trying to lighten the mood because Michigan and Michigan State are two different schools.  

Much like UND's performance this weekend, though, the joke bombed.

I know they are different schools, but being on my phone everytime I post, short hand is key...

Like ND's consistency, your humor sucks!

That's the Sioux, not the Bison...;):lol:

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Wasn't that just another one of Hakstol's failures?  

Actually, no. The 2005-06 team was very young and just getting to the Frozen Four that year was a big accomplishment. 2007, 2008 and 2011 are the three biggest failures during the Hakstol era, IMO.

I am not quite ready to give up on this year's team. But if they don't put it together soon, this will be that down year we are always talking about as being inevitable sooner or later.

Not making excuses, but MSU played such a clutch and grab defensive game. It was a throwback to the old wcha. Still, they kept the front of the net relatively clear, and transitioned well. UND isn't getting it done in any zone right now. They did last week, so we know it's possible. Wilkie may not score, but he's clearly faster than last year. He brings a lot more offensively than some (nobody not named Gersich is bringing it consistently). It's funny how many people were revising their scores after seeing the lineup. Hoff and Wilkie out, and neither have been offensive dynamos. I thought Peske and Gornall looked fine. I think Gornall earned another start with his play last night.

Most players on this UND team seem to wait for a spark rather than create one. Once they learn to work hard and make their own breaks, they should start playing more consistently. If they were looking ahead to next week, let's hope they can prove that at MSG. 

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

There's no doubt we have painted ourselves into a corner with the goalie situation - Tomak is so far in the doghouse that even when Cam mails it in there is no alternative but to leave him in -  Hrynkiw is a definite drop in talent.  

Can we bench the coach for not benching players?

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

There's no doubt we have painted ourselves into a corner with the goalie situation - Tomak is so far in the doghouse that even when Cam mails it in there is no alternative but to leave him in -  Hrynkiw is a definite drop in talent.  

Completely agree but Cam is the least of this team's concern if he stays healthy. One of the other goalies needed to play Friday at some point.....either at 1-3 or 1-4. Our D in front of Cam is horrendous most nights. Our PK is brutal taking away shoiting lanes as well. Too many bad mistakes leave Cam on his own. 

There's a rule that you have to be at least .500 to make the playoffs (w/o AQ). A loss next weekend would put this team at 7-6.

3 out of 4 right now in the top of the PWR from the NCHC. UND doesn't travel to DU this year though. 

This team could be top 16 but hovering dangerously close to .500 later in the year.