SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Just now, cberkas said:

All three goals Cam should have had, yes the second goal was because of a turnover but if Cam doesn't slide out of his net it's not a goal. At some point Berry needs to send the message to Cam that replaced when he doesn't stop the shots he should have had. Right now Cam knows no matter how he plays he will not be pulled or one of the others will get a start.

It doesn't look like these guys don't watch tape to see the mistakes they make over and over. Passing is terrible, forcing the puck to someone, trying to make fancy passes, and shooting when a pass is the better option.

I don't know if Berry is a players coach, but after this weekend time to be a hard ass, this is an embarrassment and a joke.

I feel that there needs to be a change in the D-pairings put the Poolmans together and Saw or Wolanin with Gage.

Right now this team should feel embarrassed. Time to figure it out because playing bad now can make you miss the NCAA's at the end of the year.

I don't think we hang #8 in April if Berry is too much of a players coach. I think this is just a very young team trying to figure out how to win at this level. I remember the 2005-06 team looking worse than this early on and look where they ended up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Oh, so NOW we miss Hakstol's discipline, LOL?

Well, we hung #8 without Hakstol's discipline, so there's that.

I think it's about losing 9 guys in one off-season and trying to replace them with freshman. I still think this team has some potential to be very good, but they need to start putting it together pretty soon. And next Saturday night is a good time and place to start.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well, we hung #8 without Hakstol's discipline, so there's that.

And had DU completed the comeback last spring and sent NoDak packing after yet another semi-final loss, you'd be the first fan out of the arena heading over the nearest cliff...

• Upvote 2

Just now, MafiaMan said:

And had DU completed te comeback last spring and sent NoDak packing after yet another semi-final loss, you'd be the first fan out of the arena heading over the nearest cliff...

No, I would not have. But thanks for speculating....it is what you do best after all.

I imagine several of our underclassmen would have come back if we didn't finish the job in Tampa last April. But thankfully that didn't happen.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's be clear.......the guys with #2 and #9 on jerseys were the leaders last year. UND doesn't have one of those guys now.

"We don't rebuild...we reload."

Nope.  "We" (meaning UND) can't just replace that kind of leadership overnight.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't think we hang #8 in April if Berry is too much of a players coach. I think this is just a very young team trying to figure out how to win at this level. I remember the 2005-06 team looking worse than this early on and look where they ended up.

They are 15 games into the season, the "we have a young team" excuse doesn't apply anymore. Just like the underclassmen excuse, Sophomores are not undreclassmen to me they where here last year so they know how to get it done.

Just now, cberkas said:

They are 15 games into the season, the "we have a young team" excuse doesn't apply anymore. Just like the underclassmen excuse, Sophomores are not undreclassmen to me they where here last year so they know how to get it done.

I think this team is like 2005-06 in how much they are struggling early on.

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Hard to take positives out of this weekend.  I am terrified of next year without Boeser and Jost.  

Both have bright futures but are either close to Schmaltz from last year as 2 way players to make the big jump? Jost......maybe. Boeser...not close.

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Says the guy whose avatar for the past ten years on this site had been a selfie with his head buried in his hands...

Well, I said I would replace it once we won #8 and I did just that. Not soon enough for you? :silly: And that wasn't a "selfie", that was taken by a Heraldo photographer and was on the front page of the Heraldo the next day.

If being passionate about our teams is a crime, I plead guilty as charged.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

The captain should not be in the top four D he has been brutal. #10 should not be playing at this level my god he panics with the puck and it's high off the glass and loses possession.

Both have been very disappointing so far.

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And I don't care how good of a road series Michigan State played, they are not a good team and they had no business getting a win and tie in our house. Some of these younger guys need to understand this isn't juniors anymore; you can't just glide through games and expect to win.

IMHO the freshman class has the hardest working guys on the team... T Poolman, Pogs, CJ and Ausmus are the ones coasting.   I don't know how Gage can pull on that sweater with a C on it and then come out and half-ass it to pucks all night.???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you have to have a players only meaning tonight after not responding to last night's s**t show there are some real issues in that locker room that have zero to do with talent.

This meeting should have happened after Duluth or Minnesota, two beatable teams.

• Upvote 1