SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Fall Camp

MoSiouxFan

39 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

I don't think Joe fits Coach Rudy's offense. Studsrud is the prototypical hybrid duel threat that is required. Heidlebaugh is a better athlete than Joe at this point. He's one of the better athletes on the field anyway.  I feel bad for Joe because I liked him behind center. It appears that Heidlebaugh will get a shot until the kid from the Cities is ready or Bolinski blows up next year. And Brad H could be very good. It's just uneasy when you don't know what he brings yet. But I remember how we felt when Studsrud was brought in as a freshman. The sky was falling! The coaches see something in Brad H, in Bubba we must trust!

Heidelbaugh has been taking a lot of reps with the 2s. I will continue to watch this.

1 hour ago, 77iceman said:

Coaches see these players every single day . . . i don't question why they are playing certain players over others at this point.  As long as they are winning games, they can start whoever they like.

This staff also gave Joe the starting job over Bartels their first year, and he was just getting into the groove when he got hurt.  I trust the coaches as well......however if I am being honest, if Studs goes down I'm going to feel nervous as hell if Brad gets put into the game, way more nervous than I would if Joe got put into the game (assuming he had never been moved from the QB position).   If Brad does get put into the game, hopefully he will end up showing why the coaches did what they did.........but I am still going to be nervous as hell until I see him do a few things and not turn the ball over lol. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This staff also gave Joe the starting job over Bartels their first year, and he was just getting into the groove when he got hurt.  I trust the coaches as well......however if I am being honest, if Studs goes down I'm going to feel nervous as hell if Brad gets put into the game, way more nervous than I would if Joe got put into the game (assuming he had never been moved from the QB position).   If Brad does get put into the game, hopefully he will end up showing why the coaches did what they did.........but I am still going to be nervous as hell until I see him do a few things and not turn the ball over lol. 

Is Joe still at TE?  Anyone know how he has looked?

8 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Day 4: Aug. 8

Another very good but relatively uneventful effort from the whole team today.

1. Mason Bennett showed his pass defending potential by getting up with his big paw to bat down a Studsrud pass.

2. Toivonnen had a nice one on one battle with C. Carter down the sideline in which the true freshmen asserted himself wrestled away a 50/50 ball and took it the distance. 

3. Torrey Hunt showed his break-to-the ball potential with a nice INT on a ball intended for Demun Mercer.

4. There is a developing battle for back up QB between Heidelbaugh and Bartels. Both took a ton of reps today. Edge: Heidelbaugh.

5. Cam Hunt Jr. Showed up today with a nice PBU on a pass intended for Toivonnen.

6. LB Jawon Johnson was a beast today with a number of PBUs. Looked good patrolling the midfield area.

7. Highlight play of the day goes to Clive Georges. It was Clive being Clive breaking ankles and taking names. He took a quick pass to the flats and absolutely cork screwed Labat, who was his closest defender.  Just think of his Juke and jive TD against Mont. state at the Alerus Last year.  

8. Joe Mollberg is still working with the tight ends. He had a couple of catches today.  He's got an uphill battle ahead of him to see the field IMHO with Matthewson, Fiedler and Francis ahead of him and the young TE's Cloyd and Pinke looking good early. Joe's a great team first kind of guy. 

Haven't heard Alex Reed's name mentioned.  Is he playing, but just not standing out?  I know that you can't observe everybody.  Thanks for another great report.

26 minutes ago, SJG73 said:

Just waiting for the full pads report....that's the difference maker.  Thanks Teeder.  Keep'em coming!!!

I was just going to mention this. Tomorrow is the first practice that matters. Everything in shells is great but once they go live you will reveal the men amongst the boys.

36 minutes ago, SJG73 said:

Just waiting for the full pads report....that's the difference maker.  Thanks Teeder.  Keep'em coming!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and not to come off all self-important, but I will have to take a hiatus for a couple days as we are closing on our new house tomorrow and will be moving the next 2-3 days. I will pick up again as soon as we get settled in at our new Grand Forks location.  

3 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

Maybe we should teach him how to hold for kicks too then!

Hey ... Mollberg as the holder for the PK ... that's not a bad idea at all ... 

I think we're well on the way to giving opposing special teams coordinators nightmares. :D

11 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and not to come off all self-important, but I will have to take a hiatus for a couple days as we are closing on our new house tomorrow and will be moving the next 2-3 days. I will pick up again as soon as we get settled in at our new Grand Forks location.  

We had a good thing going. Can't you just move into the HPC?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Thanks all for your understanding!  :D and kind words as we make the big move this week!  I do hope we can get some feedback, though, on the first practices in full pads.

Thanks Teeder and Congrats..  Well now next man up.