SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Fall Camp

MoSiouxFan

Don't look now, but Fall Camp starts in about 3 weeks.  Teeder, can you hear me now?  Hope you're able to make some of the practices again and give us out-of-towners and out-of-staters some of your usual excellent camp reporting.  Guess the biggest question marks to be answered during camp will be offensive line development, the secondary, and the depth chart for the LB's and DL.  Also, hope that our punting game doesn't take a big step back with the loss of Meindel; he'll be hard to replace.

• Upvote 3

I will do my best. With that I can just see SID Ryan Powell reading this, rolling his eyes, shaking his head and saying with a sigh, "Great, here we go again."

Seriously, RP is awesome.... I just hate making his job harder managing the media and my dumb A$$ at the same time. Believe it or not, other teams are scouting message boards big time so I have to find ways to reveal worthwhile stuff without tipping off the enemy.  This year, I will  tell you what I see but will be more circumspect when it comes to bumps, bruises and injuries. I will wait until those are confirmed by staff. There's always the PM function **hint **hint, if you have questions.  

I can't wait!  Here we go!

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Hold the presses!

I got a late Friday e-mail from the UND Sports Information Office that says only qualified grammarians with the ability to string together at least a couple of sentences will be allowed unfettered access to UND fall camp football practices from now on, and will henceforth be subject to a series of new guidelines.

The new guidelines, though, never mentioning Teeder11 by name, are clearly directed at me. And I am not the least bit amused by it. 

I have a hunch that that "the new guy" at Midco might have something to do with this. "Sir, Mr. Bigtime Boston, you're no Pat Sweeney, and The Stache would be appalled at this policy."  

Wanna-be media types will still be allowed unencumbered access to all other UND athletic programs and personnel, except men's hockey, in which they will have to submit a hand-written (in blood) request for access to God Almighty, but it first must clear a committee comprising Brad Schlossman and Virg Foss.

I understand protecting the brand but c'mon UND, really?

The guidelines stipulate that:

1. Wanna-be media types must view all fall camp practices from behind the iron gates of Memorial Stadium, or in the event of inclement weather, they must smash their nose up against the glass from outside the High Performance Center.

2. No tweets more than three words will be allowed, and all tweets must start with the word "leave" and end with the word "doubt."

3. All one-on-one interaction and interviews will be limited to Travis the equipment guy and Kauker.

4. Wanna-be media must provide coffee and doughnuts to UND football SID and all other "real" media who are present at all fall camp practices. On two-a-days, Dilly bars and sodas will be the afternoon treat du jour.

5. Any and all practice reports must first be cleared by the football SID, signed off by the overall SID, stamped with approval by the AD and reviewed by UND President Mark Kennedy before submission to the public can occur -- and only after a 10-day cooling off period. This provision will be null and void if wanna-be media guy neglects his coffee-and-doughnuts duties (Refer back to Guideline 4).

That's it. 

I am told that this kind of treatment of wanna-be media types is "nothing out of the ordinary" and that "most schools are doing this."

Well, as bad as all this sounds... I better get with the program or face the prospects of having my wanna-be media credential denied.

And we wouldn't want that would we? ;)

(*This entire message was submitted in the spirit of satire and should not be taken the least bit seriously)   :D

rs_500x282-150219114255-adamscottbam.gif

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Hold the presses!

I got a late Friday e-mail from the UND Sports Information Office that says only qualified grammarians with the ability to string together at least a couple of sentences will be allowed unfettered access to UND fall camp football practices from now on, and will henceforth be subject to a series of new guidelines.

The new guidelines, though, never mentioning Teeder11 by name, are clearly directed at me. And I am not the least bit amused by it. 

I have a hunch that that "the new guy" at Midco might have something to do with this. "Sir, Mr. Bigtime Boston, you're no Pat Sweeney, and The Stache would be appalled at this policy."  

Wanna-be media types will still be allowed unencumbered access to all other UND athletic programs and personnel, except men's hockey, in which they will have to submit a hand-written (in blood) request for access to God Almighty, but it first must clear a committee comprising Brad Schlossman and Virg Foss.

1. Wanna-be media types must view all fall camp practices from behind the iron gates of Memorial Stadium, or in the event of inclement weather, they must smash their nose up against the glass from outside the High Performance Center.

2. No tweets more than three words will be allowed, and all tweets must start with the word "leave" and end with the word "doubt."

3. All one-on-one interaction and interviews will be limited to Travis the equipment guy and Kauker.

4. Wanna-be media must provide coffee and doughnuts to UND football SID and all other "real" media who are present at all fall camp practices. On two-a-days, Dilly bars and sodas will be the afternoon treat du jour.

5. Any and all practice reports must first be cleared by the football SID, signed off by the overall SID, stamped with approval by the AD and reviewed by UND President Mark Kennedy before submission to the public can occur -- and only after a 10-day cooling off period. This provision will be null and void if wanna-be media guy neglects his coffee-and-doughnuts duties (Refer back to Guideline 4).

That's it. 

I am told that this kind of treatment of wanna-be media types is "nothing out of the ordinary" and that "most schools are doing this."

Well, as bad as all this sounds... I better get with the program or face the prospects of having my wanna-be media credential denied.

(*This entire message was submitted in the spirit of satire and should not be taken the least bit seriously)   :D

Wow, first I've heard of the new policy.  And just when I thought we had a leg up on the school to the south.:(;)

• Upvote 1

Players that I want to hear Teeder sing great praises about are as follows:

Tim Dulin - loaded with potential. Has the height to be a problem. I really liked his HS film. My mom vouches for his character. 

Travis Toivonen - I've heard a couple comments from people that say he has already made a bit of a splash. He's also got nice height and was a beast in HS. We need someone to compliment Clive and Luke and this could be the guy.

Alex Cloyd - This kid might come in strong and athletic enough to play right away. I love his wrestling background for blocking and I think he can get it done as a pass catcher. We need a TE that can be a weapon.

Heidlebaugh - All I want to hear is that his mechanics have improved.

Evan Holm - All I want to hear is that he is who we though he was.

Tanner Palmborg - I have a gut feeling he will start this year. I hope he can fill the gaping hole next to Reyes to give us a complete secondary.

Dijon Murray - He's got great speed according to spring testing. We need him to be a major contributor at ILB.

Taj Rich - I just want to hear that he is healthy and himself. He is a great LB.

Demun Mercer - FBS transfer, hopefully he can make a splash early and allow us to put 5 weapons on the field at a time. Teams would have trouble with that given our power run tendencies.

Its a short list I know but I think Teeder can handle it.

26 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tim Dulin - loaded with potential. Has the height to be a problem. I really liked his HS film. My mom vouches for his character. 

Travis Toivonen - I've heard a couple comments from people that say he has already made a bit of a splash. He's also got nice height and was a beast in HS. We need someone to compliment Clive and Luke and this could be the guy.

Alex Cloyd - This kid might come in strong and athletic enough to play right away. I love his wrestling background for blocking and I think he can get it done as a pass catcher. We need a TE that can be a weapon.

Tanner Palmborg - I have a gut feeling he will start this year. I hope he can fill the gaping hole next to Reyes to give us a complete secondary.

Dijon Murray - He's got great speed according to spring testing. We need him to be a major contributor at ILB.

Taj Rich - I just want to hear that he is healthy and himself. He is a great LB.

Demun Mercer - FBS transfer, hopefully he can make a splash early and allow us to put 5 weapons on the field at a time. Teams would have trouble with that given our power run tendencies.

I would only add graduate OL transfer Michael Coe. If he is solid it could really help the OL gel.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

whose mercer? Is that the receiver from texas state? 

Also, like the listed sources that there, haha

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Duly noted! :)

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hey all, do players report to camp today or end of the week? I know there have been so many rumors about Grady being there or leaving. Tired of people opinions, guesses, having sources .... I just want to know if the kid actually shows or not.

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Today.  He is not coming to camp, for the 80th time. 

I've had that confirmed to me, too. Apparently the college thing wasn't for him. Sorry to see that, but let's move on...

On August 1, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Teeder11 said:

Hold the presses!

That's it. 

Teeder, what's the link to your GoFundMe account for this service??  LOL

On August 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM, geaux_sioux said:

I would like to add one more: Andre Randolph.  A very talented young man!  If his heart and head are into it, he could be very special.