SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

16 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Am I the only person that does not have a problem with this?  Not like she throw the medal or refused it, she simply took it off.  I'm sure the see it as losing the Gold rather than winning Silver.  With really only 2 teams the have a chance to win gold.  You are either the winner or the loser. 

I guess the reason why it is being made a big deal is how many times have you seen this happen in the Olympics?  I can't recall.  Winning a medal is an honor, not matter what color.  Of course you wanted to win the gold.  But sports and life don't always work out like you planned.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I guess the reason why it is being made a big deal is how many times have you seen this happen in the Olympics?  I can't recall.  Winning a medal is an honor, not matter what color.  Of course you wanted to win the gold.  But sports and life don't always work out like you planned.  

Personally I love the attitude. That’s a winners attitude. She went to the Olympics for one reason, to win.

21 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This is absolutely how YOU feel about this. It's an honor for guys like you and I because we are not elite athletes that are that close to winning a gold. Canada was on the doorstep of being the most dominant team in Olympic winter sports (would have passed the Soviets with 5 straight gold medals) history, but they lost.

Not many sports are team sports in the Olympics. So, when you're competing against a clock and the emotion is different. In hockey, you are directly battling someone in front of you and when you lose at that level, it hurts. Individual sport.... your last run, race, sprint, etc., EARNS you the silver. Team sports.... your battle results in a loss to your direct opponent at that time and you are given the silver, because of a loss. Completely different.

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Personally I love the attitude. That’s a winners attitude. She went to the Olympics for one reason, to win.

D@mn right. She didn't throw a tantrum. She just simple removed the medal because it disappointed her. 

So question... I see an article on Yahoo about what Maddie Rooney plans to spend her winnings money on... Does that not count as getting paid? It isn't a NCAA violation? Obviously it must not be because numerous people have played college after coming back from the Olympics

19 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

So question... I see an article on Yahoo about what Maddie Rooney plans to spend her winnings money on... Does that not count as getting paid? It isn't a NCAA violation? Obviously it must not be because numerous people have played college after coming back from the Olympics

I thought they had to wait until they are done with school, but I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Big Green said:

Am I the only person that does not have a problem with this?  Not like she throw the medal or refused it, she simply took it off.  I'm sure the see it as losing the Gold rather than winning Silver.  With really only 2 teams the have a chance to win gold.  You are either the winner or the loser. 

I noticed it and thought it was !@#!$ of her. 

5 hours ago, WiSioux said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/02/paying-ncaa-college-athletes-at-rio-olympics-kyle-snyder-katie-ledecky/87709714/

15 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Congrats to the twins, by the way.  They were the best players on the ice for Team USA, by a long shot.  They play the game the way it was meant to be played.  Not sure that the are the most talented, but they have a level of grit and determination that is matched by few, and they are a blast to watch.  Makes me miss Mario as well - might be my favorite all time player at UND.  Sucks we had to drop women's hockey, but it was the best way to create a strong athletic department as a whole.    The women's goalies are also really fun to watch.   Hate to say it, but I was happy to see Poulin lose - she was a huge pest, and one of those players that are fun to hate, but if she was on our team, I would love her haha.

Yes, congratulations to the Olympian Lamoureux twins. They had one hell of a gold metal game, Monique scores in the third period to tie the game which then goes to overtime and Jocelyne scores in the 6th shoot out round to end the game, the USA team takes home the GOLD. It was definitely a team effort, and the twins steal our UND hearts. This brings back recent memories of many past comments regarding UND Women's Hockey, "but they had Olympians?"  That they surely did and also past UND players on this years Finish team.  Hopefully in memory of UND's past Women's Hockey Program, this will help leave many fond memories.  

gettyimages-922817990-e1519297673649.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1

Lamoureux twins shine in Olympic Final

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/02/22/lamoureux-twins-shine-in-olympic-final/

• Upvote 1