SiouxSports.com Forum

10 years ago today.....

Siouxperfan7

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2016-03-24/ncaa-hockey-holy-cross-upset-changed-college-hockey-10-years?cid=ncaahockeysocial_fb_sf23081591

Can't believe is has been 10 years!!  This was by far the loudest, craziest, most unbelievable moment I have ever been a part of!!  Definitely the loudest the Ralph has ever been!!

• Upvote 3

The part I remember most:

Watching the Holy Cross bench in the second and third periods when they started to realize the 11000-throated giant in the rink was on their side that day. 

I'm pretty sure a couple guys on the HC bench "filled their breezers" when HC tied it in the third, not because they tied it, but because they literally flinched and ducked when the crowd roared in response. They were spooked by the sound! It was hilarious. I wish there was footage of just that. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2016-03-24/ncaa-hockey-holy-cross-upset-changed-college-hockey-10-years?cid=ncaahockeysocial_fb_sf23081591

Can't believe is has been 10 years!!  This was by far the loudest, craziest, most unbelievable moment I have ever been a part of!!  Definitely the loudest the Ralph has ever been!!

I'll see your video with the professionally-called audio from Clay Matvick, and raise you with audio supplied by Holy Cross's student broadcasters.

• Upvote 2

That was one of my fondest Father-son moments.  We drove from the cities to watch UND play, expecting a UND/UM matchup to go to the FF.  I looked at my Dad after two period and asked, "Could this happen?".  When Minnesota took the lead I thought it was over. 

I'll never forget that sound and emotion when Holy Cross scored in OT.  That was the first time he ever got to see the new Ralph. 

Having said that, I still miss the old bandbox!   Much different memories there as a student. :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Never paid much attention before, but I'm sure the Gofers didn't appreciate the REA staff cranking up Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" after the game winning goal.  Classic!

I've always believed that game is the primary reason they don't allow home regionals anymore. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I've always believed that game is the primary reason they don't allow home regionals anymore. 

Provide the same game and result at Scheels Arena in Fargo and you'd have seen the same reaction.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Moving forward it seems like the West regional will usually rotate between Fargo (or Sioux Falls) and St. Paul. It would never happen, but it would be nice if once they selected the west in Fargo, midwest in St.Paul, east in ohio, and ne in boston. Instead of the E and NE always being constantly miles apart.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Moving forward it seems like the West regional will usually rotate between Fargo (or Sioux Falls) and St. Paul. It would never happen, but it would be nice if once they selected the west in Fargo, midwest in St.Paul, east in ohio, and ne in boston. Instead of the E and NE always being constantly miles apart.

But then those poor New England schools might have to get on a plane. 

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know if any of the other MN schools have ever tried to bid for a regional at the X? Why is it always UMN's regional?  Why not Duluth...SCSU....MSU....BSU?   Is it simply a matter of the X making the call on which school they place a bid with?

• Upvote 1