SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Semis: #1 Weber vs #5 UND (3/11 7:35)

SWSiouxMN

I just feel UND gave this one away by not fouling in the last seconds of regulation up by three....instead Weber hits a three and ties the game. At most, Weber would have still been down one and would have had to foul UND, allowing a chance for UND to increase its lead again as time keeps expiring. 

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I just feel UND gave this one away by not fouling in the last seconds of regulation up by three....instead Weber hits a three and ties the game. At most, Weber would have still been down one and would have had to foul UND, allowing a chance for UND to increase its lead again as time keeps expiring. 

my thoughts exactly. 

edit* I should add if not foul, at least come out and double Senglin and make someone else shoot and make a two point shot.

I am very proud of the effort.  We got hosed on  a couple calls near the end.. Weber traveled big time on one play and I believe they hit a three  right after the blown call.  Weber State is not going to get screwed on too many calls.   What a game though.   I can't wait for next year..  Whatever tournament  we should get in this post season could still be fun.    The ball needed to be in Hookers hands  all the time because I think he was doing a pretty good job of shooting free throws!!!!!!     Weber  State is very  team and I think we did a great job on the defensive end tonight.  Someday our turn will come.

UND played hard and played tough all night.  Singlen hit some unbelievable shots at the end and we missed way too many free throws.  The gap between us and Weber/Montana is close as once again like 3 years ago in the semi's we should have won but they made the big shots at the end and we didn't.

Someone said Avants only had 4 fouls.   I thought he had fouled out.   I am shocked he wasn't in the game then.  I know he is shorter than Shanks  but when you look at  what Avants does and what Shanks doesn't do,  Avants needed to be in game.  That was a  mistake.  That choice of which player should of been in there is a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Risky said:

Someone said Avants only had 4 fouls.   I thought he had fouled out.   I am shocked he wasn't in the game then.  I know he is shorter than Shanks  but when you look at  what Avants does and what Shanks doesn't do,  Avants needed to be in game.  That was a  mistake.  That choice of which player should of been in there is a no brainer.

Also should have fouled at the end of regulation.

Shanks played decently for him and everybody misses a free throw.  That wasn't the problem.  You can't miss the shot he missed near the end .  Not ever.  Particularly when you are 7 foot tall and you are right next to the basket wide open.  That is why at this point in his career he can't be in there  at that point in that game.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Shanks had 11 pts. and 9 rebounds and made 3 of 4 pressure free throws in OT.  Played decently.

I thought that was one of Shanks better outings since he has been here.  He also played pretty well defensively.  The missed shot hurt at the end obviously but he was had a good game otherwise tonight.