SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, 808287 said:

If only Johnson had fabulous offensive skills.

But yeah, Archie was fun to watch.  Sadly, all he had to do was just BE on the ice to draw a penalty.  Many times I saw him tagged with 2 for an infraction he was nowhere close to.

Johnson has shown an absolute inability to control his idiot impulses.  No matter what he brings to the table or face off circle it is time for him to sit.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Yeah, she is the UND student, who happens to be my cousin.  She was in a bad car accident with a drunk driver.  She is in Omaha recovering.  Team met with her yesterday. 

Sorry to hear that. I also hope they get it for Shayna tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers, ringneck.

Only had radio to go by tonight but seemed like a pretty solid game. UNO was lucky to get out of the 1st up 1 seemed like the Sioux generated a lot of chances just couldn't quite finish on any of them. Big goal early in the 2nd by Poolman and seemed like after that UND really controlled puck possession. The kill of Johnson's major was huge and didn't give UNO any life at all. Get Stecher back in the lineup tomorrow and I'd like to see Gersich in for someone too and go finish the job.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

Did any Sioux fans make it into the arena. Didn't see any green at all,or did the Omaho camera's make an effort not to show any green?

Think the camera guys just didn't want to show any Sioux fans I saw pictures on Twitter of Sioux fans in the crowd. Even saw some UNO fans on Twitter complaining about season ticket holders selling their tickets for this weekend to Sioux fans.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Think the camera guys just didn't want to show any Sioux fans I saw pictures on Twitter of Sioux fans in the crowd. Even saw some UNO fans on Twitter complaining about season ticket holders selling their tickets for this weekend to Sioux fans.

Thought I saw quite a few empty seats

14 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Yeah, she is the UND student, who happens to be my cousin.  She was in a bad car accident with a drunk driver.  She is in Omaha recovering.  Team met with her yesterday. 

I never had the pleasure of meeting Shayna, but we had some mutual friends. They stayed at my place in Bismarck immediately after it happened and the way they talked about her; you know she is an amazing person. Hoping she continues to recover well and your family has been in my prayers.

9 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Thought I saw quite a few empty seats

I would guess 400  UND fans were there.  Pockets of 2 & 4 here and there.  They had up pretty spread out.  Empty seats in lower level were in the club -bar - area.  Most of those people spent much of the game in the bar, that you had to have tickets for.  Otherwise a pretty packed arena.

10 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I never had the pleasure of meeting Shayna, but we had some mutual friends. They stayed at my place in Bismarck immediately after it happened and the way they talked about her; you know she is an amazing person. Hoping she continues to recover well and your family has been in my prayers.

I called her mom today to talk and Shayna happened to be there.  We talked on the phone, I just about lost it.  I visited her every day while she was in Bismarck.  Amazing is an understatement.  I was so glad that the team took the time to have her visit them yesterday.  It was awesome to hear her excitement on the phone today. 

• Upvote 2