SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. UMD Bulldogs - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND has become very undisciplined in many area over the past couple weekends......... LJ excluded as he is always undisciplined.

The play by #2 to end the game was plain stupid.

Totally agree - in addition, if we don't have a few more guys that can put the puck in the net it may be a short tournament season.

Few things from this series:

I fully expect #2 to be in a suit Friday vs UNO courtesy of the NCHC brass.

LJ either needs a game or 2 off to regroup or he has to be moved to a wing. Complete defensive liability at center and he should get no PP time.

Will be disappointed if Sanderson is not in lineup every night from here on out.

Wolanin should not sit for Shaw from here on out. Split time between Shaw and Thompson if needed.

At this stage not sure if St.Clair fits in and should play. Being a Sr. and playing in 3 games so far and now hurt again doesn't scream continuity.

How UMD is a below .500 team is baffling.

Wilke is a body out there at this point. Produce or sit.

Cam was really good. Seemed to be seeing the puck very well and was great in his positioning.

• Upvote 4

I agree, don't understand coach Berry talk good about LJ in the post game?

I was watching LJ too much, he was driving me nuts! 

Don't understand the back and forth talk on here about how "bad" UND and UMD look? Look like a tight, shut down D, total playoff type game to me. Not much fun for the fans, but par for the time of year, and for what's on the line.

UMD's record is baffling. I would sweat about DU, UMD, and CC if I was playing. In that order...

• Upvote 2

I don't think Johnson will go to wing because I do believe he was our top man for faceoffs this weekend.  I agree about his defense liability at center though and playing rw would suit him better.  Winning faceoffs are huge, at Denver we got our butts kicked in that department, this weekend we won the faceoff battle.

I don't think we can afford to not have LJ out there taking face offs. Seems like we have two (maybe three now with boesser) guys that can win face offs and sitting one seems much too risky. We're gonna need a shutdown defensive center out there if we can never get the puck.