SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Frozen Faceoff 2016

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I couldn't find a good thread to put my questions on the Frozen Faceoff so I figured I might as well add another.

- Is Al bringing a bus down to Minneapolis? I've never been on one of these so wondering how much this usually costs.

- What hotel are most UND fans staying at? I believe last year it was the Marriot City Center so is it the same this year?

- Would I be too bold in locking in a cheaper rate by prepaying for a room assuming the boys will make the conference tournament for the 15th(I think?) straight year?

A number of fans stay at the Minneapolis Hilton.  If you go on the Hilton website they are running specials at times.  It is about a 7-8 block walk to the Target Center.  We go whether or not UND is there (which they have been every year for quite a while).

7 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Al has had busses each year.  I expect he will again, but you'd have to contact JoAnna to be sure.

We're staying at the Crowne Northstar.  There are Sioux fans pretty much at every hotel in town that weekend.  Tickets are bought and we're planning to go regardless, but I do expect the boys to be playing ;)

Where are the Fighting Hawk fans staying?! ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Thanks for all the info, just booked an express deal for a 4 star hotel through Priceline for $62/night 3/18-3/20.

The hotel is the Hyatt Regency if anyone else is looking to book right now. It's 5-6 blocks so not right next to the arena but it's a nice hotel and you can jump on the Nicollet bus to if you don't feel like walking. 

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Over priced, $20 breakfast buffet for a 12 year old. $10 mix drinks in the bar for people staying at the motel. Wouldn't let us in our room till after first game, even though I paid for "early check-in". 

$10 for drinks? So, they were having a sale. Good for you! :)

26 minutes ago, tnt said:

Do they still have the games too close together where you don't really have time in between games to have a sit-down meal at a nearby restaurant?

Pretty much - you only really have about an hour if you stay for the entire first game and want to be back for puck drop on the second - games at 4:08 and 7:38.  At least this year they're ticketing each game, so none of that stupid, painful, ridiculous, (etc.) wristband crap when you head out between games.

edit; supposedly separate tickets.  Mine haven't arrived yet.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Pretty much - you only really have about an hour if you stay for the entire first game and want to be back for puck drop on the second - games at 4:08 and 7:38.  At least this year they're ticketing each game, so none of that stupid, painful, ridiculous, (etc.) wristband crap when you head out between games.

If they have separate tickets ....wont they have to clear the arena after the first game?

16 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Two tickets for four games. One ticket for Friday's games, one for Saturday's.

Never been to the Target Center for hockey. If getting tickets lower level within the 5 sections of center ice (109-113 and 129-133) what rows are recommended to see the full sheet of ice?  I'm not one to sit too low to the ice. Thanks in advance.