SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Gibbs tweeted that NDSU said he could earn a scholarship if he performed at camp, however bc of an injury he was unable to do any summer camps, therefore, the scholarship offer never came.  USD came in with a scholarship and he took it.  I see he is invited to compete in the Blue-Gray All American Bowl, one of 4 RBs selected in the United States to play on the West team. They play in the Dallas Cowboys stadium in January and are coached by NFL coaches, aired on ESPN.    

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We need to recruit more speed on the perimeter. At WR we really need more than one burner. The injury to Clive is going to hold our offense back big time because he was our only guy that could stretch the field. I like the size we brought in the last couple years but speed has to now be the focus.

Need to be sure the QB gets who ever is at WR the ball.  Burners are great and needed but 10-15 yard completions will work. Some TE Sean routes.  QB just needs to deliver. 

12 minutes ago, homer said:

Need to be sure the QB gets who ever is at WR the ball.  Burners are great and needed but 10-15 yard completions will work. Some TE Sean routes.  QB just needs to deliver. 

10-15 yarders are tougher to come by without a legit deep threat. Last game was an anomaly for Studsrud anyway. We've got enough possession guys but are very much lacking burners.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We need to recruit more speed on the perimeter. At WR we really need more than one burner. The injury to Clive is going to hold our offense back big time because he was our only guy that could stretch the field. I like the size we brought in the last couple years but speed has to now be the focus.

That sounds good and all, but there are 10 games left in 2016.

Now is not the time to change that. I do agree, though, that recruiting yet has a ways to go. 

Stony Brook loss is still disappointing to me. Really hurts odds. 

24 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That sounds good and all, but there are 10 games left in 2016.

Now is not the time to change that. I do agree, though, that recruiting yet has a ways to go. 

Stony Brook loss is still disappointing to me. Really hurts odds. 

We've built a lot of quality depth in a short period of time. Three glaring holes are qb cb and wr(burner types)

40 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

10-15 yarders are tougher to come by without a legit deep threat. Last game was an anomaly for Studsrud anyway. We've got enough possession guys but are very much lacking burners.

OL has to get going and our offense needs to be 120-150 yards rushing/game.  

I trust what the coaches are doing recruiting and it's not due to lack of effort we don't have a "burner".  

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

We've built a lot of quality depth in a short period of time. Three glaring holes are qb cb and wr(burner types)

Quarterback is a *fairly* important position. 

I would also add the offensive line to the list, They also have some issues with depth; not convinced they have any all-conference types beyond maybe 1 or 2 players.  

47 minutes ago, homer said:

Or do we put some of our speed at other positions?  

We need to bring in enough to spread it around. Holm is extremely fast but CB was a huge need. Same thing with Hunt. Seacrest looked really fast but he left. That's three in one class with really nice speed, now down to two. We need more than that though, enough for o and d each year.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the youngest and probably most talented Carr brother from Hazen committed to Mary for basketball. Great athlete and at 6'4 thought he would make a great TE or OLB at UND. 

Stat line from last week.

3-4 134 yds passing and 2 tds 

4 carries 207 yds and 3 tds

Also a pick six

1 hour ago, nodakhoops said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the youngest and probably most talented Carr brother from Hazen committed to Mary for basketball. Great athlete and at 6'4 thought he would make a great TE or OLB at UND. 

Stat line from last week.

3-4 134 yds passing and 2 tds 

4 carries 207 yds and 3 tds

Also a pick six

That's too bad. Talked to his dad at a game last year and he said he wanted to play football at UND.

27 minutes ago, Football fan said:

How many schollies still available?  Anybody know? Or are all scholarship offers on hold bc of deficit? 

Nothing is on hold.  Not sure how many are left.  They aren't cutting scholarships. Actually in Kennedy's interview prior to interview part of this evaluation is how to get more resources to the core sports to make them more competitive.  He has a vision for what he wants the athletic dept. to look like and a competitive football team fits that vision.  

I wish I could find a link to the pregame but it left me feeling a lot better about him and this situation.  

• Upvote 2