SiouxSports.com Forum

UND broadcasting decisions

Nodak78

They are boring in the lines as we speak all over South Fargo.  

This is true. I can't remember what it was but there was some hangup with some type of contract that held them up last year. They were all set in my neighborhood and all of a sudden disappeared right before the ground even frosted. They've been back recently. We were told we'd have them before last November and have been waiting ever since.

This is the key of the article right here. If things don't change UND will find another option to have their hockey games on TV. 

Of course, but they aren't going to do it at the expense of it being a financial drain on the budget.  Is there not also an issue with the wording of the NCHC contract that causes issues? I know they've done work to improve but I believe that is another sticking point that has nothing to do with Midco.  Regardless, all of it is on the table for upcoming negotiations.  I think overall Midco has done a pretty good job between the productions value, adding the extra shows, giving flexibility on games they weren't broadcasting and getting HD a full year before they were required. Obviously always room for improvements but for them paying UND for the rights to do it, its been pretty positive overall.

Exactly, If Midco releases more hockey games to FCS or even FSN this likely would not be a conversation at this point. I understand their business case in Fargo but if they want to keep a good thing going there needs to be a bit more compromise in their end. 

I dont mind NCHC.tv and Watch Big Sky but it sure would be nice to see more games on FCS.

If the NCHC.TV was "as good" as the Big Sky Webcasts, that would be an improvement, too. 

I wouldn't use the Big Sky as an example, considering what happened during the Idaho St game, and the Weber St game that was never broadcast.

Thankfully they got their crap together for the MSU game, I think my stream buffered maybe once. Night and day difference from last time.

You realize Midco is in Grand Forks, Bismarck, Minot, Williston, Dickinson, West Fargo and soon to be Fargo, right?

Doesn't mean you subscribe to Midcontinent. The point is, if you have Directv or only local programming, you can't watch UND. Whereas local stations carrying the games, like WDAZ or NBC ND in the case of NDSU, allow you to watch the game no matter what provider you have: Midcontinent, Directv, or strictly local stations. 

Greatly miss getting the Sioux football and hockey games on Fox College Sports down here in Missouri.  One of the biggest reasons we haven't switched to Direct TV  is that they don't offer Fox College Sports and because of the few games that we still get on FCS.

Direct has Fox College Sports. 

Maybe I'll ask again.  Was told by Direct within the last couple of months that they didn't offer Fox College Sports.

They don't actually carry the network itself but any live game that FCS broadcasts is aired if you have the sports pack.  FCS, the channel itself, is just a mish-mash of programming from all of the regional Fox Sports networks.