SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State

ClassB

Weekly 2 deep changes:

Offense
Mat Cox and Adam Stiner listed as #1 and #2 LT replacing Stockwell (injured, doubtful) and Camy
Stiner also listed as #2 RT, replacing Cox

Defense
Jawon Johnson moves into #1 SOLB, replacing LaBat who slides to #2
Idowu moves to #2 ZOLB from #2 SOLB (Harmston falls off the 2 deep)
Former QB Jake Hanson moves into the #2 SILB spot, replacing DaQuan Baker
Steve Greer returns to the depth chart as #3 NG
Reyes moves from #1 FS to #1 SS, replacing Johnson. Palmborg listed as #2, replacing Olson
William James moves from #2 to #1 at FS, Flowers listed as #2

Special Teams
Santiago and Cerriteno listed as #1 and #2 KR. Reed no longer listed

Lots of changes, I like the Cerriteno move at KR, never liked Reed after his performance against NDSU.

s

What's longer: the two-deep or the injury report. ???

NORTH DAKOTA INJURY REPORT | Oct. 31
7 Keaton Studsrud, QB (Doubtful)
16 Romon Bridges, WR (Out for season)

20 Zach Arnell, DB (Out for season)
32 Taj Rich, ILB (Out for season)
37 Javen Butler, OLB (Out)
43 Drew Greeley, DE (Out)
46 Tyler Coyne, FB (Out for season)
61 Brandon Miller, OL (Questionable)
77 Steve Greer, DL (Questionable)
78 A.J. Stockwell, OL (Doubtful)
88 Kyle Ruhe, TE (Out for season)

NORTH DAKOTA INJURY REPORT | Oct. 31
7 Keaton Studsrud, QB (Doubtful)16 Romon Bridges, WR (Out for season)
20 Zach Arnell, DB (Out for season)
32 Taj Rich, ILB (Out for season)
37 Javen Butler, OLB (Out)
43 Drew Greeley, DE (Out)
46 Tyler Coyne, FB (Out for season)
61 Brandon Miller, OL (Questionable)
77 Steve Greer, DL (Questionable)
78 A.J. Stockwell, OL (Doubtful)88 Kyle Ruhe, TE (Out for season)

Damn

Taj is a huge loss!   Personally, he was my favorite defensive player.  He will be more than capable of being nexts yr defensive leader.  Let's not forget Clive still has a cast on and I am not sure cole should be playing yet. Woodsmall  is 50%.  Non injury losses are Chris brown and dusty iverson plus early defections on hinojosa and starting punter bolduc.  With meindel that's not a big loss.   As unfortunate as all the injuries have been, the  "next man up" will give und a lot of experience and depth in the coming yrs 

I just don't get it. WTF are the coaches seeing in games or practice to not even give Mollberg a chance?

they aren't seeing anything with Joe cuz they aren't looking at him. It would be difficult for them if he is given a chance and plays well. How would they explain burying him on the depth chart?  

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball 27m27 minutes ago

All three #UND QB's took reps in practice yesterday. Should be interesting to see who starts on Saturday vs. Montana State.

Is this because Bartels got hurt during the Montana game? He took quite a shot and he was holding his side. Any news if he is listed on the injury list?

Bartels hasn't started a game at home yet this season; coaches must be hoping that will make a difference, and I think it might. Also, Montana's States defense is not anything special. If Bartels cant move the ball against Montana State at home, then he is not capable and either Mollberg or Studsrud needs to start the remaining 2 games (vs Northern Colorado, @ Cal Poly). Also, I think UND really needs to look at bringing in a top QB recruit or transfer this off-season; I have a real hard time seeing that position group as set. 

Bartels hasn't started a game at home yet this season; coaches must be hoping that will make a difference, and I think it might. Also, Montana's States defense is not anything special. If Bartels cant move the ball against Montana State at home, then he is not capable and either Mollberg or Studsrud needs to start the remaining 2 games (vs Northern Colorado, @ Cal Poly). Also, I think UND really needs to look at bringing in a top QB recruit or transfer this off-season; I have a real hard time seeing that position group as set. 

Do you think they can wait for a new HS recruit to develop or do you think finding a drop down or JUCO would be a better option? OR do you think they believe that Studsrud can become a decent passer? If he can then we have all we need for two years at QB. I think we need to find 2 legit QBs. Doesn't matter where they come from, we need a guy who can lead the team with his feet and arm because we have RBs who can get the job done and would be spectacular with a passing game complimenting them.

Montana St wins this game but not by much.  UND i think beats this team at home if healthy.  Too many injuries to keep up with their offense.  UNDs offense isn't good enough to keep pace.  If UND finds a way to slow them down in the air then i could see this get interesting.

our CB's and OLB need to step up big.  I think they will Sat.  This game will be in the high 30's or possible 40's.  Both Santiago and Oliviera have big games.

Totally, agree with this! I don't think doing this would mean they couldn't utilize Studsrud, or find a way to work him into the game plan, but we need a competent passing game. Especially with how good our run game has been. I think our receivers are only going to get better with Dulin playing next year, and the kid from Red Wing coming in. Hopefully Luke Stanley improves too. We need someone to get these guys the ball.