SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Season

SWSiouxMN

16 hours ago, Cratter said:

Its based on the expectation that for once Idalski might actually beat preseason expectations, not necessarily a national championship.

Its easy to replace Idalski with some one better. That wouldn't be a problem.

The twins didn't come to UND because of Idalski. They came because they wanted to help build their home towns womens hockey teams program.

The UND womens hockey coach situation is the reason they chose Minnesota over UND to start their college careers.

Wrong!  They committed to Minnesota because UNDs coach during the time they were recruited was auwful.  Once she was gone, the twins decided it was time to come home. 

Its obvious you and 83 have a huge inferiority complex with the hockey programs.  My comment about dropping basketball was purely tongue-in-cheek bait that you took big time. 

A serious question I do have however is.........

Do the basketball programs run in the black or red at UND?

27 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

Wrong!  They committed to Minnesota because UNDs coach during the time they were recruited was auwful.  Once she was gone, the twins decided it was time to come home. 

Its obvious you and 83 have a huge inferiority complex with the hockey programs.  My comment about dropping basketball was purely tongue-in-cheek bait that you took big time. 

A serious question I do have however is.........

Do the basketball programs run in the black or red at UND?

I am sure both basketballs run in the red, most all collegiate programs do.

21 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I am sure both basketballs run in the red, most all collegiate programs do.

That was my guess as well.  So if that is the case, what's with all the hate towards the womens hockey program in regards to dropping it?  If people think that a coach needs to be fired (for right or wrong) reasons that is one thing.  But to say we need to bag a program in general because it is a revenue drain to the overall athletic department seems questionable to say the least.  Obviously that is why I made the point about dropping basketball.  Women hockey is still a relatively new sport.  I think with time we will see it grow nationally to more than the 35 (not 8 or 15) teams as the men programs continue to expand.  I look to see how hockey will work at ASU as a litmus test for growing the sport.  If it takes off we will see more and more teams join from the west.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Old Time Hockey said:

How about we drop women's hockey once we drop men's basketball.  Women's hockey is more competitive.  When was the last time the basketball team made the NCAA tourney (D2 or D1)?

I laughed really hard at the drop the men's basketball part... made my day 

• Upvote 2

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Based on this little pearl of wisdom, every coach should have an iron clad lifetime contract to coach as long as they want. But this isn't high school, this is Division I collegiate athletics and it's women's ice hockey. And at the University of North Dakota, that means the expectations will be high. This is one of three sports (MH and FB being the other two) that we have a realistic shot at winning national titles in. And I think the overall body of work suggests that Idalski has plateaued. A third to fourth place finish in the regular season, followed by a first round home playoff series and a trip to the Final Faceoff where we will get shut out by either Wisconsin or Minnesota. Rinse. Repeat. If you are happy with that every single year, then that is fine. But some of us want women's hockey to achieve greatness and Idalski doesn't look like the man to do it. Brewster raised the bar for WBB a couple of years ago, Bubba is raising the bar for FB right now and now it is time to raise the bar for Women's Hockey. If Title IX requires us to keep this program and fund it, then we might as well strive to be the best in the nation at it.

I hate to say "I told you so", but.....:whistling:

• Upvote 2

The three years before the Lamoureux twins arrived on campus Idalski and UND were 25-67 combined..

.the three years the Lammy twins were at UND 68-37.

The transformation from 8-22 to 20-13 in the first year of the Lamoureux twins is nothing short of amazing!

The last three seasons since the twins left the rankings of UND womens hockey has started to trend downwards...still "respectable" but nothing to write home about.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

The three years before the Lamoureux twins arrived on campus Idalski and UND were 25-67 combined..

.the three years the Lammy twins were at UND 68-37.

The transformation from 8-22 to 20-13 in the first year of the Lamoureux twins is nothing short of amazing!

The last three seasons since the twins left the rankings of UND womens hockey has started to trend downwards...still "respectable" but nothing to write home about.

Time for a change 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, siouxweet said:

The problem isn't that they can't beat Minnesota or Wisconsin in the post season,it is that they consistently lose to teams they shouldn't during the regular season that kills their rpi.

No question that is the reason. That translates into "who is running this ship"? Completely unacceptable. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2016 at 11:46 PM, coltssiouixfan said:

Sooooo fire Idaski??? I honestly don't care for him as a coach.   As crazy as it sounds get Shannon Miller.  She's crazy but she is good too. 

The risk is nowhere near worth the reward.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

The risk is nowhere near worth the reward.  

I can hear it already:  "who are you going to get that's better?"

Just like the Hakstol people clamored last year.  Faison looked about 3 feet to Hak's right to find somebody as good, as the results have shown.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Just like the Hakstol people clamored last year.  Faison looked about 3 feet to Hak's right to find somebody as good, as the results have shown.

I don't think his point was that the risk of a new coach may or may not be worth the reward, it was the risk with that particular coach is nowhere near worth the reward. To the latter point, I agree.

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't think his point was that the risk of a new coach may or may not be worth the reward, it was the risk with that particular coach is nowhere near worth the reward. To the latter point, I agree.

Correct.  High price tag and baggage.  

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I know, I just used his quote as it was the newest.  Probably didn't need to quote that one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Exactly. Fabian would be a great head coach.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Although,we'll have to wait and see what he does when he gets to a Frozen Four:wink: