SiouxSports.com Forum

Will UND Have A 100yd Rusher On Saturday?

Matt

Big question, if we can't establish the run, we are going to be in for a long afternoon. Establishing the run doesn't just help us put points on the board, but extends drives to give our defense a rest. Too many 3 and outs, and I still think our D will keep it close in the first half, but if this happens our D will get wore out by the 2nd half and that it where we would lose it.

UND must establish the run, extend drives and keep the defense fresh.

To add to this, UND needs to run the ball effectively and HOLD ON TO THE BALL. Turnovers will kill UND in any game considering how they want to play. Only way UND wins this game is if they win the turnover battle. That means the offense needs to run the ball and hold on to it, and the defense needs to come up with turnovers when they present themselves.  

To add to this, UND needs to run the ball effectively and HOLD ON TO THE BALL. Turnovers will kill UND in any game considering how they want to play. Only way UND wins this game is if they win the turnover battle. That means the offense needs to run the ball and hold on to it, and the defense needs to come up with turnovers when they present themselves.  

Agreed, definitely can't turn the ball over against a more talented team. I don't see the Bison turning the ball over much either, but we can't be dropping interceptions like we have been.

Agreed, definitely can't turn the ball over against a more talented team. I don't see the Bison turning the ball over much either, but we can't be dropping interceptions like we have been.

Exactly. If Wentz gifts the UND defense with even just one poor pass, they need to make NDSU pay and catch the damn thing. 

• Upvote 1

You can put money that after last weeks game NDSU will be trying to rip the ball loose on every play

Strange thing there is its not like our fumbles really came from their D trying to strip the ball, and take big swings to rip the ball out. Just really bad ball security by Santiago, and not sure what was going on with Studrud taking the snaps.

Can't imagine we will have those kinds of issues two weeks in a row.

With all of those fumbles last week, I'm probably going to be a little nervous every time our offense gets the ball like I was last year, hoping nothing bad happens.  Hopefully it is much more like the WY game where every time we get the ball......I'm expecting something good to happen.  Studs hasn't thrown a pick yet....hopefully he can keep that going. 

• Upvote 2

If the Bisons play 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run, then we need to make them pay in the passing game even though philosophically we are a run first team.  This approach seemed to work in the first half versus Drake. If the run game is not there, its not there.

• Upvote 1

If the Bisons play 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run, then we need to make them pay in the passing game even though philosophically we are a run first team.  This approach seemed to work in the first half versus Drake. If the run game is not there, its not there.

This....^^^^.

NDSU is going to try to make UND one dimensional. I could see SU locking up on the outside w a single high safety daring UND to beat em w the pass.

Considering they play a form of Cover 2 most of the game that is highly unlikely.  

I realize that......so you think they keep both safties deep all game?  Let's hope so.....but would be surprised if that was the case.