SiouxSports.com Forum

St Clown Hockey Tickets

Blackheart

I wonder if our friends at Jan Brady State are still licking their wounds after the beating North Dakota gave them in last years regional final. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3821221-und-hockey-st-cloud-state-latest-nchc-school-adopt-restrictive-ticket

This kind of crap is BS but the UND fans usually find a way to work around the ticket restrictions.  SCSU doesn't sell out their games normally so there should be tickets available the day of the game.  People going in large groups can meet the 20 ticket requirement to avoid having to purchase for additional games.  I guess in a way, it's a compliment to how dedicated UND fans are when it comes to supporting their team on the road.  Hope we kick their ass.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if our friends at Jan Brady State are still licking their wounds after the beating North Dakota gave them in last years regional final. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3821221-und-hockey-st-cloud-state-latest-nchc-school-adopt-restrictive-ticket

This kind of crap is BS but the UND fans usually find a way to work around the ticket restrictions.  SCSU doesn't sell out their games normally so there should be tickets available the day of the game.  People going in large groups can meet the 20 ticket requirement to avoid having to purchase for additional games.  I guess in a way, it's a compliment to how dedicated UND fans are when it comes to supporting their team on the road.  Hope we kick their ass.

Seems pretty short-sighted  on their part considering they don't sell out their games.  Why discourage people from giving money to their athletic department and spending money in St. Cloud?  Just raise the price the UND tickets $20 each or so and call it good.

• Upvote 3

Redwing_77 posted a blog on Friday and the UNO fans came out with the knives. Apparently, some of them are butt hurt because UND bought some of their Frozen Four allotment. Has anyone else heard about that?

Redwing_77 posted a blog on Friday and the UNO fans came out with the knives. Apparently, some of them are butt hurt because UND bought some of their Frozen Four allotment. Has anyone else heard about that?

Honestly, were those UNO fans actually going to even use them?

• Upvote 1

Honestly, were those UNO fans actually going to even use them?

IDK, probably not. I have been pinged twice on twitter by an obnoxious UNO fan about it. I wasn't even there. I was sitting in my brother-in-law's basement watching the game. The funny part is, I didn't write the article but they want to chirp me. 

UND TRIED TO BUY OUR FROZEN FOUR TICKETS. UND HAS NO ROOM TO COMPLAIN MUCH LESS BE THIS GRANDIOSE.

Eric J. Burton THW @goon48
A Guess About Ticket Policies and a Suggested Response http://fb.me/3ebAOc1Yk 
Edited by Goon

The St. Cloud ticket policy may be a reaction to something I never thought that I would see, UND fans taking over St. Cloud's arena.  That is what happened during the Saturday night game at SCSU last year and it was incredible.  Even the hockey players commented about it.

If I recall correctly...there were fans that were alumni of both institutions....who got tickets through UNO because it was easier than through UND.

IDK, probably not. I have been pinged twice on twitter by an obnoxious UNO fan about it. I wasn't even there. I was sitting in my brother-in-law's basement watching the game. The funny part is, I didn't write the article but they want to chirp me. 

UND TRIED TO BUY OUR FROZEN FOUR TICKETS. UND HAS NO ROOM TO COMPLAIN MUCH LESS BE THIS GRANDIOSE.

Eric J. Burton THW @goon48
A Guess About Ticket Policies and a Suggested Response http://fb.me/3ebAOc1Yk 

Those obnoxious UNO fans fail to realize it was actually the BU fans that started that whole "buying UNO's Frozen Four tickets" scheme. They're just looking for a scapegoat for this fake rivalry. 

• Upvote 2

Those obnoxious UNO fans fail to realize it was actually the BU fans that started that whole "buying UNO's Frozen Four tickets" scheme. They're just looking for a scapegoat for this fake rivalry. 

I find them to be more butthurt and clueless than the SCSU fans. They're kind of the Jan Brady light.  What's even more funny is the UMD fan's bromance for Schloss. 

Edited by Goon

Is Duluth attempting the same policy?  Seems like most or all of their home games will be on sale through Ticketmaster, except I didn't see the games against UND listed.  

UMD has different ticket sale times for the Gophers and UND games.  They go on sale at the arena at 9am on Nov 3 and 10am online/phone.

http://umdbulldogs.com/sports/2013/8/20/Mens Hockey Ticket.aspx?

UMD has different ticket sale times for the Gophers and UND games.  They go on sale at the arena at 9am on Nov 3 and 10am online/phone.

http://umdbulldogs.com/sports/2013/8/20/Mens Hockey Ticket.aspx?

Duluth is a fun place to go to a game. You can park in the parking garage and walk right into the arena. Only issue is you have to walk three miles to have a beer.

This Ticket thing dose not just piss off UND fans I'm a season ticket holder at SCSU and I can't even buy them with out buying this dumb ass flex package. We can't buy extra tickets tell 3 days before the games. Every school is doing this and it sucks!!!! We believe the seats should all go on sale day one for every game. If we don't sell out thats our fault let those who want them buy them I hate to see our rink all green but fare is fare

• Upvote 4

This Ticket thing dose not just piss off UND fans I'm a season ticket holder at SCSU and I can't even buy them with out buying this dumb ass flex package. We can't buy extra tickets tell 3 days before the games. Every school is doing this and it sucks!!!! We believe the seats should all go on sale day one for every game. If we don't sell out thats our fault let those who want them buy them I hate to see our rink all green but fare is fare

That is the way it should be.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

With SCSU dropping their policy requiring you to buy an extra ticket for another series I'm hoping to see many more Sioux fans here in a few weeks. LOTS of empty seats this past weekend here against Miami. $15 tickets, a hot dog and a soda and still empty seats !