SiouxSports.com Forum

You're up Brad Berry. Step up.

gfhockey

The reason I bring him up is he sure seemed to be hanging around the Ralph a lot in the past 2 years. 

He goes back to GF every summer, so there is nothing "behind the scenes" going on. I wouldn't be surprised if you see him as a coach one day though....

Will be interesting If offense approach changes

This...^^^

Hak seemed to have a "system" of dump and chase and that rarely seemed to deviate even with the high end talent he was able to bring over the years.  Not all his teams were the same talent wise but they played the same "system".  You can't argue with Hak's results though...minus his F4 record.

This...^^^

Hak seemed to have a "system" of dump and chase and that rarely seemed to deviate even with the high end talent he was able to bring over the years.  Not all his teams were the same talent wise but they played the same "system".  You can argue with Hak's results...minus his F4 record.

Hak's style of coaching resembled more of an NHL style game....

This...^^^

Hak seemed to have a "system" of dump and chase and that rarely seemed to deviate even with the high end talent he was able to bring over the years.  Not all his teams were the same talent wise but they played the same "system".  You can argue with Hak's results...minus his F4 record.

Don't all teams play within a system? Bubbs is a defensive guy. I doubt we see much of a deviation from the current norm. We'll see, though.

Will be interesting If offense approach changes

Berry's comments in his press conference indicated that very little would change outside of some minor tweaks though he admitted with bringing in a new assistant, they might provide some insights that would cause further tweaks.

Hak's style of coaching resembled more of an NHL style game....

As was discussed on NHL Network today. I have said this before and I'll say it again: I'd be happier watching guys who don't get a sniff of the NHL (Matt Henderson, the Hoogsteens, Jeff Panzer) win NCAA titles at UND as opposed to seeing 2 or 3 year players (without an NCAA title) winning Stanley Cups and thanking UND for being a stepping stone along the way.

• Upvote 1

As was discussed on NHL Network today. I have said this before and I'll say it again: I'd be happier watching guys who don't get a sniff of the NHL (Matt Henderson, the Hoogsteens, Jeff Panzer) win NCAA titles at UND as opposed to seeing 2 or 3 year players (without an NCAA title) winning Stanley Cups and thanking UND for being a stepping stone along the way.

One would think a good mix of both would give us a good shot year after year. I like to see UND have alum that are stars in the NHL. I also love players like the Panzers, Hoogies of the world as well.

We barely remember the Henderson/Hoogsteens throughout the program's history if they don't get on a hot streak at the right time and hang a banner. 

I agree though - a mix of the high-end'ers that keep us relevant in the NHL development game and the grinders playing "For the Love of the Game" leaving it all on the ice is a great recipe. We had a great mix of the grinders this year (Pattyn, Gaarder) but didn't have the scorers to give Zane a cushion in the big games. Especially when McMillan went down.

I don't disagree, but I don't see the benefit of turning down/not recruiting players that will play and start at the NHL level. I think this year's teams is an example of players that won't see a lot of NHL time buying into what Hak was selling. I don't think an extra role player, or future NHL player for that matter, changing a thing.