SiouxSports.com Forum

You're up Brad Berry. Step up.

gfhockey

Also, from what I hear, Berry has no arrogance about him. He's humble and will talk to anyone. It'll be a nice change of pace.

Change of pace from what? See some of the stories about Hak in the "favorite moments" thread.

This is good. Things were getting stale with Hak. Also, from what I hear, Berry has no arrogance about him. He's humble and will talk to anyone. It'll be a nice change of pace.

I hope you are being sarcastic because Hak would take the time to talk to pretty much any fan

Wow - no kidding.  geaux_sioux's comment about Berry is a spot on description of Hak:

Hakstol has no arrogance about him. He's humble and will talk to anyone.

Not sure if it has been changed yet, but there is talk of having 4 full time coaches per team.

I thought that was voted on here not to long ago.....i assumed Karl would be getting paid, deserves it.

As for the new assist.

Quick question, if HR has to open the position, for Asst. Why didnt the University have to open the HC position?

Not mad, Berry is ok, not my first choice but I dont matter.

I'll admit it we the gobc was behind the 8 ball on this one

Word has it Hak got the off Friday. Accepted yesterday.

Looks like your not as in as you think you are.  He was offered 3 weeks ago.  ouch Brad Berry takes gf down a couple notches on the inside knowledge.  Sounds like you might be at about the level of a guy in Mandan with your knowledge.  

• Upvote 1

Looks like your not as in as you think you are.  He was offered 3 weeks ago.  ouch Brad Berry takes gf down a couple notches on the inside knowledge.  Sounds like you might be at about the level of a guy in Mandan with your knowledge.  

Ol' gfhockey has been swinging and missing quite a bit lately.  Has me really doubting the authenticity of the GOBC.

I thought that was voted on here not to long ago.....i assumed Karl would be getting paid, deserves it.

As for the new assist.

Quick question, if HR has to open the position, for Asst. Why didnt the University have to open the HC position?

don't quote me on this, but it may have to do with being an internal hire verses external.  Which in my mind means that Goehring may not be the one to replace, but he may be the 4th.

As for the new assist.

It was brought up during the coaches meetings a few weeks ago in Florida.

Copied my comment from another thread because I'd like to know what people thing... What stuck out from the presser?

Two things that stuck out to me:

Berry said all the recruits have already been called and said 100% are still all in…. whew.

Berry said Hak turned down the job twice. Dude didn’t want to leave. God da*n it I wanted that guy to win one.

Yup. Hiring a current UND employee to an open position (that they are qualified for) is an internal hire and a fast process. 

Hiring in from the outside brings us the longer, painful process (see: hiring FB Coach Bubba S.). 

One interesting tidbit I took from Brads talk was his refference to his phone ringing off the hook with inquiries.  This may be his way of sending a message to the wanted assistant of don't wait to long to make your decision.  As far as Eades goes, I don't think that would happen.  If I am right, Berry was the coach of the D so that means there is probably going to be a defensive minded coach and I am wondering if a guy like Mike Commedore would come in? 

One interesting tidbit I took from Brads talk was his refference to his phone ringing off the hook with inquiries.  This may be his way of sending a message to the wanted assistant of don't wait to long to make your decision.  As far as Eades goes, I don't think that would happen.  If I am right, Berry was the coach of the D so that means there is probably going to be a defensive minded coach and I am wondering if a guy like Mike Commedore would come in? 

Oh man.  Great player...not so sure he'd make a great coach...pretty rough around the edges.  Once Matt Greene retires I could see him coming back.  

• Upvote 1

Can we somehow eliminate the GFhockey talk in every thread, gets annoying to sift through, and 99% of it is the same stuff over and over. Even the peoples responses are getting old.

Every court needs a jester, ignore him and you will be less bothered.

• Upvote 1

Oh man.  Great player...not so sure he'd make a great coach...pretty rough around the edges.  Once Matt Greene retires I could see him coming back.  

The reason I bring him up is he sure seemed to be hanging around the Ralph a lot in the past 2 years. 

I try but its literally everywhere, with 10 comments from good posters too. Lets just start a GFHockey only thread and so I can avoid that one :)

But this time it's him getting his act exposed. This is an important moment!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2