SiouxSports.com Forum

Chances of Mark Mac playing in boston.

rhenry8439

I know that UND said that Mark Mac is done for the season, but what are the chances that he is flying under the radar to make a sneek attack against BU and (Omaha)? Rand Pecknold said Sam Anas was 100% not playing on friday but he was thier playing. he looked pretty good hoisting the penrose 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I can't blame the OP for this thought.  It also went through my head when i saw Mark on the ice last weekend walking without a brace and with no noticeable limp.  It's fun to dream but unfortunately it won't happen and it shouldn't.  You don't want to risk ending your hockey career. 

Now if they are playing on April 11th... :)  just kidding

I can't blame the OP for this thought.  It also went through my head when i saw Mark on the ice last weekend walking without a brace and with no noticeable limp.  It's fun to dream but unfortunately it won't happen and it shouldn't.  You don't want to risk ending your hockey career. 

Now if they are playing on April 11th... :)  just kidding

I also saw him walking around the arena...zero limp and no brace.  Obviously that doesn't mean too much though, from a structure standpoint.

Considering Rocco missed almost an entire season for the same injury, there's no chance Mark is playing again this season.  Let it go.

Not saying he is coming back at all but I think Rocco's case was a little different. He was actually missing a bone I believe in his knee that prevented some things from healing properly.

Google is our friend -- http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00523

6-8 weeks which can vary for recovery. Mac has been standing on the leg for 2+ weeks already. He is not using crutches anymore too. Interesting....

Everything else I read said 6 weeks with other variables coming into play etc. 

So you're telling me there's a chance...

Not saying he is coming back at all but I think Rocco's case was a little different. He was actually missing a bone I believe in his knee that prevented some things from healing properly.

You're right, Rocco's injuries had more to do with how he grew.  A side injury simply exposed the underlying problem.

I think we need to ask the expert on "broken knee caps" which would of course be The Mafia Man! Hey MM is it realistic to expect a hockey player to come back from a broken knee cap in six weeks?

I haven't da slightest idea what you are talkin' aboud...but some friends of mine work in dat field and dey tell me dat a broken knee cap is, shall we say, a "career-ending" injury, if you, uh, catch my drift.

• Upvote 1