SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. DU - 3:30 Gameday

AZSIOUX

You Hak haters or banner demanders should read articles from USCHO and CHN about the criticism to Hak from Sioux fans. They even think you guys are idiots! No wonder so many people hate Sioux fans!The sad thing I've been learning lately is I'm starting to hate Sioux fans, and I am one of them, but not the ones in the minority that make us all look ridiculous!

You should also read all the quotes from Gopher fans who love that Hakstol is our coach too.

I think many are forgetting Hakstol's father-in-law isn't the head of the Alumni Assocation now. 

FYP... You must be drinking already. Let me point out, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You're the one that always talking about Dean Blais and signing his praise. Blais was an awesome coach. His record speaks for himself. But Blais was the one that recommended that UND already had its head coach when he left UND for the NHL. I am confused if Blais recommended Hak as the coach, wouldn't we take his word for it? I am thinking his word means something. 

Conspiracy theory alert: Tim O. has nothing to do with Hakstol's employment at UND. This is a conspiracy, you might have a swat team landing in your back yard. I think I just saw the black helicopter fly over not too long ago. Again, Hakstol has over .640 winning percentage at UND. I believe his team just won a trophy for their play this season. Coach of the year in the NCHC. Or, he's Hack and can't coach a lick. 

It really is ridiculous. Two weekends ago after the sweep against CC, people were saying this was one of their favorite UND teams of all time because of how hard they worked and how they played and now after their first "losing streak" of two game in TWO YEARS, we all bury them. I understand criticism, after last weekend they certainly deserved it, but good lord, everyone is just mailing in the weekend. I don't get it. It was two poor games. It happened, move on.

Don't include me in your list of disgruntled fans, I like this team a lot, more than the last even, come to think of it I have liked every Sioux team better than the last. Wins, nattys, glory, that may be your candy, watching these guys play is my reward. I lived without Sioux hockey for a decade due to work and technology shortcomings, I hope they win, I think they can win, and I am proud to be a fan

• Upvote 3

Don't include me in your list of disgruntled fans, I like this team a lot, more than the last even, come to think of it I have liked every Sioux team better than the last. Wins, nattys, glory, that may be your candy, watching these guys play is my reward. I lived without Sioux hockey for a decade due to work and technology shortcomings, I hope they win, I think they can win, and I am proud to be a fan

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^ 

If hak can't get the job done next guy please

If the entire team came down with mumps on Thursday...and the NCAA granted a waiver that allowed Hak to play with a combined all-star roster of EGF and Minot High hockey players...and those kids managed to win two regional games in Fargo and make the Frozen Four...and then somehow won the semi-final game...and then lost the national championship game in 8 overtimes to Boston University...you'd STILL be first in line to b*tch about what a horrible job Hakstol did as coach and how he choked in the big game.

• Upvote 3

What an awesome post! Same here! Go Sioux!

• Upvote 2

You Hak haters or banner demanders should read articles from USCHO and CHN about the criticism to Hak from Sioux fans. They even think you guys are idiots! No wonder so many people hate Sioux fans!

The sad thing I've been learning lately is I'm starting to hate Sioux fans, and I am one of them, but not the ones in the minority that make us all look ridiculous!

I don't read much anymore- I did read... Dostoyevsky and Dickens (among my favorites) Crime and Punishment and A Tale of Two Cities stand out...

I had to read a bunch of books in 9 years of under grad and professional school...

I think not having a personal opinion built on knowledge and data points is dangerous...

I think most people are idiots...they can think of me what they wish...

To me, being in 4 straight Super Bowls and losing them all is a more impressive coaching job (Buff Bills head coach Marv Levy) than a one and done coach who wins his only Super Bowl. Examples are the TB Bucs maybe a dozen years ago ("Chuckie" Gruden wasn't it from ESPN Mon nite ftbl?), the NO coach in 2009 (beat Vikes in NFC Championship--Bounty Gate), etc. So, I'll take Haks any day over Mike Eaves at Wis. Year in and year out we are a contender/top 5 program even with lesser teams. Eaves has basically as good a program as UND history and facilities-wise for recruiting purposes but like a fishing bobber each season, Wisco is up and down. Historically bad year this past season. And I won't get into the "luck" thing but if the Frozen 16 was playoff series instead of one and done games the Sioux would have won at least two natties under Haks. The trouble is one and done tourneys don't always favor the best team although it certainly makes it more exciting though.

You should also read all the quotes from Gopher fans who love that Hakstol is our coach too.

Why, who gives a rats behind. They hate us when we win, they give us when we we lose. I hope you don't mean what is on their blog would have any influence as to who our hockey coach is. I hate to break the news but even what is on this blog (even gfhockey with all his money) has no influence on who coaches hockey at UND. Too many people on these blogs are rubes like us who probably live in their mothers basement drinking Mountain Dew and getting that orange stuff from their Cheetos all over their keyboards blogging about how we should change coaches cuz they haven't been able buy a new national champ XXXXL t shirt to cover the old one that got pitted out reading the SI swimsuit issue.

• Upvote 1

Not intended at anyone directly. That being said, you hit on the head. Probs, bud.

Why, who gives a rats behind. They hate us when we win, they give us when we we lose. I hope you don't mean what is on their blog would have any influence as to who our hockey coach is. I hate to break the news but even what is on this blog (even gfhockey with all his money) has no influence on who coaches hockey at UND. Too many people on these blogs are rubes like us who probably live in their mothers basement drinking Mountain Dew and getting that orange stuff from their Cheetos all over their keyboards blogging about how we should change coaches cuz they haven't been able buy a new national champ XXXXL t shirt to cover the old one that got pitted out reading the SI swimsuit issue.

Mine is only XXL :)

Not addressing the controversies surrounding Belichick's integrity, who would you consider the Bill Belichick of hockey?  

At the NHL level, probably Scotty Bowman. He inherited a lot of talented teams, but he also knew how to get the most out of his squads. The guy flat-out was a brilliant coach & delivered year-in & year-out during the playoffs. He knew how to win, whereas other coaches tried their best to win. Some coaches have "it" & other coaches strive for "it", but I feel it's an inherent talent that can't really be taught. Just like players, a few got it & most don't.

At the college level, not so sure. Gasparini, York & Jackson during his LSS years come to mind as great coaches when they have talented teams. But nowhere near as dominating as Bowman was.

• Upvote 1

Too many people on these blogs are rubes like us who probably live in their mothers basement drinking Mountain Dew and getting that orange stuff from their Cheetos all over their keyboards blogging about how we should change coaches cuz they haven't been able buy a new national champ XXXXL t shirt to cover the old one that got pitted out reading the SI swimsuit issue.

200.gif

Hak makes the $$$ he does to raise natty banners

To win regular season games

All the playas and coachas talk about is winning nattys

Those matter

That's the goal

If a regular guy doesnt achieve goals in his job year after year he's gone[/quote

That is what fans think. What matters most to the players is the relationships, shared experiences and the journey. On one of your other posts you comment that you have one of the top producing wells in the west. You work harder, you produce more, you make more money. Well Hakstol has one of the top producing hockey team in the country. The goal always is to win the NCAA title, the league title and the league playoffs! Develop these kids to their full potential and help them get an education and be successful citizens. If you are going to compare your job to his, then you are only one of the better producers in western N.Dak. Hak is one of the very best in the country and many NHL coaches, scouts and "playas" concur. You might be careful you don't get a pink slip with your next $100,000 check cuz you are setting you goals too low. If you start performing at his level you will have one of the top producing wells in the world and your W2 will be 7 figures instead of high 6 figures.

At the NHL level, probably Scotty Bowman. He inherited a lot of talented teams, but he also knew how to get the most out of his squads. The guy flat-out was a brilliant coach & delivered year-in & year-out during the playoffs. He knew how to win, whereas other coaches tried their best to win. Some coaches have "it" & other coaches strive for "it", but I feel it's an inherent talent that can't really be taught. Just like players, a few got it & most don't.

At the college level, not so sure. Gasparini, York & Jackson during his LSS years come to mind as great coaches when they have talented teams. But nowhere near as dominating as Bowman was.

That seems reasonable to me- Winning percentages:

Gasparini .615

York .625

Hakstol .640

Jackson .664