SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. DU - 3:30 Gameday

AZSIOUX

Clark17, on 22 Mar 2015 - 6:26 PM, said:

Brutal.  That's when you wish the glass partition would let go and the gentleman (if you can call him that) yelling at a group of young men would fall into the players.  Kinda like some NHL penalty box incidents we've seen over time.

i just don't see "hanging #8" til we get a coach that has an ability to change, adapt, or grow as a coach

The problems this weekend did not involve coaching. The players never showed enough skill to where you could get to the coaching. They could not make a decent pass, they could not catch a pass, they could not cleanly shoot the puck. For whatever the reason, the players could not do the basic hockey functions to complete any kind of coaching strategy. Players had to stop to catch a pass and then start skating. By then the opponent was on them. I can't remember the last time I saw that many whiffed passes, whiffed shots, lazy passes that got intercepted. The mental errors were contagious. The Sioux had 4 mental errors in the first 1:15 of the game against Denver. For whatever reason the team (other than mostly Murphy and Poolman) did not want to play to win the tournament. There were times when they could dominate, and then just lose the focus. This was not the same team that just a few weeks ago was totally committed against St. Cloud.

i just don't see "hanging #8" til we get a coach that has an ability to change, adapt, or grow as a coach

Who would be you're recommendation as a replacement? An honest to god option? I hate reading this type of stuff. Never missed the tournament. No losing seasons. Never less than twenty wins. Count me in the group that would much rather be in the hunt every year, than win one, and have a decade of mediocrity following.

So take my advice and quit watching... sounds like you'd be much happier not having to watch this terrible coaching. Looks like your close to the edge of leaving Sioux fandom, I'm just here to give you the nudge you need

Who would be you're recommendation as a replacement? An honest to god option? I hate reading this type of stuff. Never missed the tournament. No losing seasons. Never less than twenty wins. Count me in the group that would much rather be in the hunt every year, than win one, and have a decade of mediocrity following.

I heard Reg Dunlop from the Chiefs is considering retirement.  If anyone could turn this around, it would be Reg.

I love that look

I could see that lineup. Not sure about st Clair but he's a true 3rd 4th liner that buzzes so it would make sense. Not to mention he's a junior and is decent on the pk. 27 that far down huh? It would balance things out I guess. I don't have a better combo that I could think of. I actually thought murph looked decent though. However I would probably play st Clair over him given what I previously mentioned.

Back off the ledge - my opinion:

While you know the team doesn't have the psyche or tradition to mail it in if you are going to stumble now is the time.

This is a tournament for the fans - sucks to have to sit through two losses but in the big picture it has no impact on the future.

The biggest mistake made in any type of sports is basing future results on past performance - it's what seperates the winners from the losers in weekly football pools as well.

No injuries, as far as I've heard is the biggest win from this weekend.

It's all business now - as past history has shown seeding means nothing in this tournament.

I have to agree.  There was really nothing to be gained by winning those two games.  I wonder if there was a big importance put on getting through the weekend with no more injuries and no suspensions?  They scored first in both games and then pretty much coasted.  I agree that the play was sloppy and full of lapses. They did look terrible.  I can't help but think that this may have been by design, "playing a little possum" if you like.  Wouldn't you expect big hits and stupid penalties as the frustration built?  There weren't any to speak of. There were very few hits... really? against Denver?

I am hoping to see the REAL team play in Fargo when it matters.

And Yes, I know I am a newbie.

eades

bennett

berry

to name a couple

• Upvote 1

That's three, not a couple. And "a couple" of those listed won't ever coach in Grand Forks. One has already been discussed ad nauseam here.

so if hak and co win it all this year and he leaves for the riches of the nhl and faison offers the head job to brad berry he would say "no thanks?"

yeah right

• Upvote 1

I have to agree.  There was really nothing to be gained by winning those two games.  I wonder if there was a big importance put on getting through the weekend with no more injuries and no suspensions?  They scored first in both games and then pretty much coasted.  I agree that the play was sloppy and full of lapses. They did look terrible.  I can't help but think that this may have been by design, "playing a little possum" if you like.  Wouldn't you expect big hits and stupid penalties as the frustration built?  There weren't any to speak of. There were very few hits... really? against Denver?

I am hoping to see the REAL team play in Fargo when it matters.

And Yes, I know I am a newbie.

What?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

so if hak and co win it all this year and he leaves for the riches of the nhl and faison offers the head job to brad berry he would say "no thanks?"

yeah right

Wait, so your idea to fix the coaching is to replace Hakstol with his assistants, either new or old? Haha. Yeah, I'm just going to ignore you from now on.

Wait, so your idea to fix the coaching is to replace Hakstol with his assistants, either new or old? Haha. Yeah, I'm just going to ignore you from now on.

just like how bubba is gonna bring und football back to where it belongs i think eades would do the same thing..they both bleed green and they are WINNERS and that is contagious...hak is on a 20 plus year losing streak and counting....

• Upvote 2

Just be glad we don't have Blais running the show--his team collapsed down the stretch and couldn't even get his boys into the dance in Mpls. Sandelin was no better.

We could go after Eaves. He's won a banner, so he's the kind of coach we need.

Just be glad we don't have Blais running the show--his team collapsed down the stretch and couldn't even get his boys into the dance in Mpls. Sandelin was no better.

Give those coaches the resources and amenities of UND hockey at the REA and see what happens…oh wait we did that already…turned out pretty decent.

Both those coaches have natty's and one was at a school with "less." (No nattys for UND's current "new" coach.)

• Upvote 2