SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Tournament Weekend 2015

The Sicatoka

ygBkIQk.jpg?1

OcP91X6.jpg?1

"Tonight's 50/50 winner is 3.....please go to guest services immediately to claim your $7.50"

"Get your 2 for 1 hotdogs during the second intermission"

"Tomorrow's matinee game is free with your ticket stub from last nights Little Ceasars game."

"Autograph signings will be available after tonight's game for the 2 kids in attendance"

About WHAT?

It seems to be a Minnesota vs. Michigan who can get people to show up to the B1G tournament. One Gopher fan brought up how the Minnesota high school sate tournament sells more tickets then Michigan vs Michigan State at the Joe. I guess Detroit shouldn't call themselves "Hockeytown" with the poor attendance today.

Wisconsin did not look good at all.

Crazy the horrible season that they just had.  It's not often that you see a "big name" college like them go through a season like that.

I bet Eaves is pretty relieved to have it over with...I know I would be!

Crazy the horrible season that they just had.  It's not often that you see a "big name" college like them go through a season like that.

The bad news is that Wisconsin returns most of their players for next year.

• Upvote 2

Crazy the horrible season that they just had. It's not often that you see a "big name" college like them go through a season like that.

Not quite as bad but Boston U was 10-21-4 just last season.

You thought we were kidding or being overly harsh; but then ... 

Just got home and turned on the game. Obviously the crowd or lack there of is embarrassing. .... Maybe because its still just so new to people but still. Pathetic.

And you now you realize it: 

Sadly this will be true.  

Be sure to thank Barry Alvarez and the Big Ten Network for this magnificent recruiting tool ... for the NCHC, and heck, the WCHA for that matter. 

"Come play in the Big Ten Tournament at The Joe in front of tens of people!" 

Disclaimer: Yes, there's no guarantee that how things are today is how they'll always be. But there is a lot of hard work there to be done to get back to what Minnesota and Wisconsin had for a conference tournament. 

Those numbers are not butts in the seats. No chance. I just think its silly to try to come to any conclusion about how the expansion of college hockey the last two years will go. You guys keep ripping on the BIG even though just last season it was better than the NCHC. This season is the absolute worst the BIG Hockey will ever be. It's an outlier. You don't think there will be a year where Minnesota, Mich, UW, and Michigan State all make the NCAA's? Let's give this experiment some time and look back ten years from now. At that time I'm quite certain we'll all be happy with where college hockey is in relation to the conferences. And if you guys don't think that the BIG brand helps college hockey in numerous ways then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm sure the 50 or so folks watching the OSU/PSU game last night agree with you, as do the 75-100 who saw the Michigan/Wisconsin game. 

I'm sure the 50 or so folks watching the OSU/PSU game last night agree with you, as do the 75-100 who saw the Michigan/Wisconsin game. 

Only short sighted people would judge the success of a conference based upon the first 2 years of the conference tournament.  It's not a tradition to anyone yet, it's new.  But in the league's first year it produced 2 of the 4 #1 seeds which was a pretty good start.