SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Tournament Weekend 2015

The Sicatoka

The PSU/OSU intrigues me. PSU, per KRACH should win about 3 of every 5 games v. OSU; however, PSU is only 1-3 against them this year. Most importantly, I just want the team that can win the next game to come out of this one fresh and ready. ;) 

Michigan is 4-0 v. Wisconsin this year. I'm pretty sure I know how the night game in the B1G is going tonight. Eaves probably has a tee time tomorrow morning. 

The PSU/OSU intrigues me. PSU, per KRACH should win about 3 of every 5 games v. OSU; however, PSU is only 1-3 against them this year. Most importantly, I just want the team that can win the next game to come out of this one fresh and ready. ;)

Michigan is 4-0 v. Wisconsin this year. I'm pretty sure I know how the night game in the B1G is going tonight. Eaves probably has a tee time tomorrow morning.

After having seen both OSU and PSU play Minnesota this season, I honestly think the Buckeyes have the best shot at beating the Gophers.

Goldie is a combined 6-2 against the OSU/PSU pair with a loss to each.

Penn State squeaked out a home win against Minnesota in OT. They played just last weekend (albeit on the big ice) and the Nittany Lions looked like a club team against Minnesota. Ohio State absolutely worked the Gophers the last time they played. The Buckeyes hit like they meant it and showed some speed - Wilcox stopped I believe 3-4 clean breakaways. I like the Buckeyes' chances better.

• Upvote 1

Currently I am cheering for Ferris State, New Hampshire, St. Lawrence and any AHA team and OSU :bigsmile: 

So you're cheering for teams not currently in the PWR top 16 to chew up spots ... interesting ... I wonder why ... ;):D 

After playing around with the CHN PWR predictor, I think that there is a strong likelihood of UMN making it into the NCAA's...even if they lose 2 games this weekend...which I really don't see them doing.  I see them beating OSU/PSU winner and then losing the B10 champ game.

Some of the scenarios I ran had them getting up to as high as #8!  There needs to be quite a few upsets or teams around them in the PWR winning in order to drop them out.

Also, the line between #1 and #2 overall with UND and MSUM is quite thin.  Many of the scenarios I ran had UND losing the #1 overall even if both UND and MSUM only won one game this weekend.  That's a pretty important line right there...the chance of facing either RMU or UMN/PC/Harvard/UML/Michigan in the first round is a pretty big jump.

After playing around with the CHN PWR predictor, I think that there is a strong likelihood of UMN making it into the NCAA's...even if they lose 2 games this weekend...which I really don't see them doing.  I see them beating OSU/PSU winner and then losing the B10 champ game.

Some of the scenarios I ran had them getting up to as high as #8!  There needs to be quite a few upsets or teams around them in the PWR winning in order to drop them out.

Also, the line between #1 and #2 overall with UND and MSUM is quite thin.  Many of the scenarios I ran had UND losing the #1 overall even if both UND and MSUM only won one game this weekend.  That's a pretty important line right there...the chance of facing either RMU or UMN/PC/Harvard/UML/Michigan in the first round is a pretty big jump.

MN can't lose two.  I agree there are a lot of scenarios where they get in.  But there are some quirky ones where they'll have to sweat, including what Jim Dahl pointed out this morning.

Not that big of difference. :ohmy:

RMU is #22

UMN is #13

PC is #14

Harvard is #15

UML is #17

Michigan is #21