SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

25 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Was that the 6-2-5 double play? Just know they have given up a ton more than they have saved with the infield in this year and they same to be using it in more situations than ever.

I certainly would love a numbers breakdown (perhaps this is something that the Twins Daily guys can look in) on the infield being brought in. 

I think this a must win here for Chicago.  They cannot afford to get swept if they want to win the division. They also dont want to have Cleveland be 1 back of them for the 2nd spot. Plus Cleveland finishes their season with the pirates so they could easily win 3 there. Is the pressure getting to the  Soxs?

My best advice to the twins:  at least meatloaf it against the reds. 

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think this a must win here for Chicago.  They cannot afford to get swept if they want to win the division. They also dont want to have Cleveland be 1 back of them for the 2nd spot. Plus Cleveland finishes their season with the pirates so they could easily win 3 there. Is the pressure getting to the  Soxs?

My best advice to the twins:  at least meatloaf it against the reds. 

The Twins win out and they win the division.  Simple as that.  Chi Sox have the Cubs to end the year, I can't see them winning four straight starting today.  Plus they aren't going to move up Giolitto to Sunday instead of start him in Game 1 of the postseason.  

The Twins were given a gift, now take it and run with it.  Plus they miss Bauer. 

(3) tough games against a team fighting for their playoff spot (Reds).  If the Twins win 2 of the 3, the White have to go 3-1 to tie, and they have the tie breaker.  Big game between the Sox and tribe tonight.  Cleveland has the easiest schedule.  A 3 way tie could be on the table going into Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

(3) tough games against a team fighting for their playoff spot (Reds).  If the Twins win 2 of the 3, the White have to go 3-1 to tie, and they have the tie breaker.  Big game between the Sox and tribe tonight.  Cleveland has the easiest schedule.  A 3 way tie could be on the table going into Sunday.

One of the announcers last night said if it was a three way tie, the Twins would hold the tiebreaker.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

The Twins win out and they win the division.  Simple as that.  Chi Sox have the Cubs to end the year, I can't see them winning four straight starting today.  Plus they aren't going to move up Giolitto to Sunday instead of start him in Game 1 of the postseason.  

The Twins were given a gift, now take it and run with it.  Plus they miss Bauer. 

If the Soxs don’t win today, I think they fall to 3rd place because I don’t see Cleveland losing to the pirates and I too don’t see the Soxs  sweeping the cubs.

Yes, the easy path would be a twins sweep.

Arraez still out.  Boy would it be huge to get him back for the postseason.  Guessing Cruz is just precautionary.  Playoff lineup gives me hope...  

1. Buck

2. Arraez

3. Donaldson

4. Cruz

5. Rosario

6. Sano

7. Polanco

8. Kepler/Cave

9. Jeffers/Garver

I don't know that Rocco will actually do it but there is no doubt in my mind that Jeffers should be behind the plate for game 1 of the playoffs.

I'd love to win the division but I'm really starting to hope we can win it and somehow avoid the Indians. Looking at the current 4-8 seeds I think my preference of teams to face in the playoffs right now would go:

1. Blue Jays

2. Astros

3./4. Indians/White Sox

5.Yankees