SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Twins go 0-2 in situations you have to execute in to last in the playoffs. Gonzalez strikes out in the 4th with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out and Garver strikes out in the 8th with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. I think ideally going into the playoffs you'd like to have Arraez and Jeffers in place of those two. Not sure Arraez will be ready though but Jeffers should definitely be in but not sure I trust Rocco will make the right decision there.

You left out Buxton in the first.  Rocco has got to start managing with his head or his bench coaches have to speak up.  This year has taught me how valuable Derek Shelton was last season and why he is now a major league manager.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You left out Buxton in the first.  Rocco has got to start managing with his head or his bench coaches have to speak up.  This year has taught me how valuable Derek Shelton was last season and why he is now a major league manager.  

Thanks, for some reason I was thinking Buxtons was with 2 out but it was just 1 out and bases loaded. I remember Dick talking on the broadcast during the at bat when it got to 2 strikes about Buxton's lack of strikeouts this year and said right away now there is a guarantee strikeout coming.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

So....Twins win one game the rest of the way and the Indians win out we've got ourselves the 3rd seed and the Houston cheaters.

Oakland winning out helps.

If Twins only win 1 then we have to have either the White Sox lose at least 1 or for the Twins, Indians, and White Sox to finish in a 3 way tie. I believe they said Twins hold the tiebreaker in a 3 way tie and over the Indians, White Sox have it over the Twins, and Indians have it over the White Sox. Easiest path to the 3 seed is for the Twins to win 2, A's win at least 2 of their final 3, and Indians and White Sox lose.

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

If Twins only win 1 then we have to have either the White Sox lose at least 1 or for the Twins, Indians, and White Sox to finish in a 3 way tie. I believe they said Twins hold the tiebreaker in a 3 way tie and over the Indians, White Sox have it over the Twins, and Indians have it over the White Sox. Easiest path to the 3 seed is for the Twins to win 2, A's win at least 2 of their final 3, and Indians and White Sox lose.

So we should be having inexperienced pitchers coming in in important spots these next two nights right?  :lol:

I don't see Cleveland dropping a game to Pittsburgh, and that's okay.  Its okay for the Twins to win one game and the Tribe and even Chicago to win out because we win the three way tie.

It wouldn't be Minnesota Sports right to take the bull by the horns and win these next two games.  I have a scary feeling about what tonight's lineup will look like. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Arraez is back, as is Smeltzer.  Wade Jr. Goes down as does the kid that pitched last night.

I was in favor of having Wade pinch hit for Garver last night, but I guess his time has run out.  

Love that Arraez is back hopefully he can get back to speed quick. Would've brought someone else up over Smeltzer if you absolutely needed another pitcher but would've liked to keep Wade up instead I like what he brings. If forced I probably would've done something with Avila to keep Wade up. 

Buxton sitting out with a head contusion.....sigh......I understand being careful with head injuries, but the guy wants to be in there.  They took him out yesterday as a precaution, and he passed all concussion protocol.

Its to the point where a mosquito bite gets guys a day off.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Buxton sitting out with a head contusion.....sigh......I understand being careful with head injuries, but the guy wants to be in there.  They took him out yesterday as a precaution, and he passed all concussion protocol.

Its to the point where a mosquito bite gets guys a day off.

Donaldson apparently showing no signs of calf injury today according to Falvey but Twins will sit him and be cautious tonight.

Lineup loaded with leftys against a pretty good righty today.

Kepler, Arraez, Rosario, Cruz, Cave, Polanco, Gonzalez, Jeffers, and Adrianza

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Alright Rocco!  Here we go!  Lefty heavy at the top and Rodgers comes in the game.  Good!  Yes!  Nice!  And after he gets out of this its Duffy, May, ballgame.

Then they pinch hit idiot and Rodgers hangs one.  What do you know???

Then he hits the .182 moron. 

26 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So no matter what happens tomorrow, the Twins will be at least playing at home for the first round of the playoffs. Cleveland game just went final

Not sure who has the tiebreaker between the jays and Yankees, ill assume Yankees.  

Will go in as the 2nd seed tomorrow which means Cleveland if they win.

As of now....

1. Rays

2. Twins

3. A's

4. Sox

5. Yankees

6. Stros

7. Indians 

8. Jays

Do the A's try to win?  The White Sox have a layup tomorrow, the Cubs won their division.  The Twins lose all tiebreakers with the A's and White Sox.  If the Yankees do own the blue jay tiebreaker they are 5th for sure.