SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

16 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I don't know that Rocco will actually do it but there is no doubt in my mind that Jeffers should be behind the plate for game 1 of the playoffs.

I'd love to win the division but I'm really starting to hope we can win it and somehow avoid the Indians. Looking at the current 4-8 seeds I think my preference of teams to face in the playoffs right now would go:

1. Blue Jays

2. Astros

3./4. Indians/White Sox

5.Yankees

I'd actually like it to be the Yankees honestly.  They are dreadful on the road and honestly if we are going to get king kong off our back it may as well be this year.

Losing to them again for the &%##* time wouldn't bug me.  They own us in the playoffs, nothing we can do to change that.  

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'd actually like it to be the Yankees honestly.  They are dreadful on the road and honestly if we are going to get king kong off our back it may as well be this year.

Losing to them again for the &%##* time wouldn't bug me.  They own us in the playoffs, nothing we can do to change that.  

They have the record for most consecutive playoff losses and most consecutive playoff losses to the same team. It would be nice to get the Yankees and end both those streaks, as well as win a playoff series for the first time since 2002.

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Even though he got the hit, I wouldn’t be sad if Marwin went elsewhere next season. 

Completely agree.  I'm guessing he stays in town though as he plays a multitude of positions.

And now Buxton takes one to the head.  Can't catch a break. 

Twins go 0-2 in situations you have to execute in to last in the playoffs. Gonzalez strikes out in the 4th with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out and Garver strikes out in the 8th with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. I think ideally going into the playoffs you'd like to have Arraez and Jeffers in place of those two. Not sure Arraez will be ready though but Jeffers should definitely be in but not sure I trust Rocco will make the right decision there.

The loss last night hurts in winning the division but actually helped in the playoff matchups as the A's moved into 2nd and the Twins dropped to 3rd and would face the Astros if the playoffs started today. Hopefully the Twins are able to put a couple wins together and get the division and the A's are able to keep winning and stay in that 2 spot.