SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

"The Mayor" (John Hoven, an epic LAK bobo and rube) says that Forbort is the heir apparent for Regehr's slot.

The questions surrounding the LAK defense are:

- do they resign Andrej Sekera

- will Slava Voynoy ever be reinstated by the NHL (his trial got moved from next week to July

The bad news is LAK is looking for their future right-handed defenseman. 

Not sure about Voynov, it's a real sticky situation considering his wife is asking for the charges to be dropped. Either way he is in pretty big trouble. 

I would think they let Sekera walk as they have enough players to fill the void.

The cupboard is not bare in LA, and I would think they return to their old ways next year...

Another thing to think about on why Rob Blake came to Grand Forks to talk to LaDue and the coaching staff. This was Blake's second season as Assistant GM of the Kings, and has most likely heard how the program is ran at UND and wanted to see for himself. If Blake was just here to talk LaDue into signing why make the effort to go to the REA and meet the coaches and see the arena. 

Massa, if he didn't burn the red shirt he had his junior season he'd be back next year giving them a good chance the win the league. Goaltending is going to be a big question mark at Omaha next year.

Oh yeah, he was  a senior.  I initially thought you were referring to an underclassman signing.  UNO should be pretty solid next year.

Miami lost a ton, wow.

Their only remaining offensive players will be Louis and Kuraly.

Ouch.

As I said earlier, if they were going to win a title...this would have been their year to do it.

Spot on.  When I saw the numbers Czarnick (14-26-40), Barber (15-24-39), and Caito (5-16-21) put up three years ago as a sophomore and two freshman, respectively, along with McKay's (1.38 GAA .946 SV%) and Williams' (1.94 GAA .924 SV%) goalie numbers as freshman, and not to mention Coleman and Kurarly, I figured that Miami would steamroll the NCHC its first two seasons.

It's a shock that Miami did even win an NCAA playoff game in the past two seasons.

Fire Blasi!

Spot on.  When I saw the numbers Czarnick (14-26-40), Barber (15-24-39), and Caito (5-16-21) put up three years ago as a sophomore and two freshman, respectively, along with McKay's (1.38 GAA .946 SV%) and Williams' (1.94 GAA .924 SV%) goalie numbers as freshman, and not to mention Coleman and Kurarly, I figured that Miami would steamroll the NCHC its first two seasons.

It's a shock that Miami did even win an NCAA playoff game in the past two seasons.

Fire Blasi!

To be fair, they were playing in the CCHA against supposed powerhouses Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Western Michigan.  Miami just making the NCAA tournament is a pretty big accomplishment for the teams formerly in that conference.  They were the only team this year, while the Irish and Ferris St made it last year.  Thus far of the former CCHA teams, only Ferris St has won a tournament game and that was against Colgate.

Note:  When I say former CCHA teams, I'm referring to teams in that conference immediately prior to the formation of the NCHC and B1GMistake

Another thing to think about on why Rob Blake came to Grand Forks to talk to LaDue and the coaching staff. This was Blake's second season as Assistant GM of the Kings, and has most likely heard how the program is ran at UND and wanted to see for himself. If Blake was just here to talk LaDue into signing why make the effort to go to the REA and meet the coaches and see the arena. 

This line of thinking supports my theory that Ladue has serious thoughts of staying and they want to put on the Power Play. It is pretty unusual to see this level of recruiting for a player to sign.  Anyone know what the rules of engagement are for players and teams?

They could possibly come because they heard that UND just upped its game within the player development portion of the building.  Who knows, maybe they are looking at upgrading their own facility and they need ideas.  It wouldn't be the first NHL team to visit another arena to get ideas.  Back to this thread, are there any other Kings prospects on this team?

This line of thinking supports my theory that Ladue has serious thoughts of staying and they want to put on the Power Play. It is pretty unusual to see this level of recruiting for a player to sign.  Anyone know what the rules of engagement are for players and teams?

They could possibly come because they heard that UND just upped its game within the player development portion of the building.  Who knows, maybe they are looking at upgrading their own facility and they need ideas.  It wouldn't be the first NHL team to visit another arena to get ideas.  Back to this thread, are there any other Kings prospects on this team?

He's the only one I can think of.

You guys act like Rob Blake traveling to meet with a player and convince him to sign is uncommon but he did the very same thing before Johnny Brodzinski signed.

Maybe it's his style or the teams, might be loyalty builder technique.. either way good luck to Paul with whatever decision he makes.

You totally mis read what I posted then, That was the side note.  IMO Paul has told them that he is leaning toward returning. Them coming to GF means they are worried about their prospect not saying, wow I got a contract and am out of here.  Look at what he would be getting as a signed prospect, an AHL contract.  That is about 70k a year and bus trips from town to town. He is being promised AHL playing time, that is all.   We all know the elephant in the room is the idea that if he waits until after his senior year, he can demand a one way contract.  That is if he continues developing.   On a different note to think that Gino's son would have any leaning towards UND is a long shot.  Look at the way that UND ran his dad out of town.  

I think you are dead on for this.  Ladue and Stecher have some serious upside and if they can not get a one-way contract they can make up the difference.  They maybe should talk to Laleggia about this as he stuck around for his 4 years.  Ladue and Stecher would have big roles on the powerplay this coming year and if the snipers coming in like Boeser, Wilkie, Gersich, etc., I am predicting the powerplay will be much improved over this past year and Stecher and Ladue's production and market value will improve likewise.  Too many good reports on them for them to settle for an AHL contract.