SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Western Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Hak very complimentary of Mattson's assist on the winning goal.

Said Zane never saw the first goal as his vision was blocked.  Unsure of the 2nd.

Feels WMU did a nice job on the 6 x 4 goal and wouldn't change much about what they were doing, but felt he needed to do a better job preparing the team for what happened on the 6 x 5 goal at the end.

Very complimentary of WMU's effort and the game they played.  Wore UND down.

Hak said they shortened the lineup the last few minutes of the regular time, but feels they are an excellent team when they can roll all 4 lines, which is what they did in OT.

Felt the D was really good tonight, but that the forwards might have been a step slow much of the night.

Agreed with Hennessey that UND did deserve to win the game, but it was close and hard fought.

Anyone else think Western Mich. is a very good team?  I think they physically out-played ND this weekend, but ND stuck with the tenacious game plan and snuck enough goals in through hard work to sweep.  This weekend should help UND play stronger down the stretch.

I don't know about being a very good team.  If there were objective refs, ie other conference refs, they sit in the penalty box a lot more tonight for all the runs they take and there is a couple dq's.  I feel that Andy's team gooned it up this weekend and that is what  made the difference.

• Upvote 1

WHF?! Cags aint' drafted?! We have 14 (?) drafter players and he ain't? That amazes me.

CBS said the place was full of NHL scouts last night and I suppose the same tonight.  He will be drafted this year.  He will be a project but there is some potential on the right team.  I think he is a more all around player than Roco was.

A Dean Blais team would never choke away a 2-goal lead!! :lol::D

Sorry. Had to say it.

Great performance in net by Zane. He made some unreal saves tonight. It's too bad the D couldn't help him out down the wire to seal a regulation win. Great to get the OT win though. Man can Caggs score some beauty goals.

CBS said the place was full of NHL scouts last night and I suppose the same tonight. He will be drafted this year. He will be a project but there is some potential on the right team. I think he is a more all around player than Roco was.

He's a late bloomer and he can't be drafted. He is a free agent and can sign anytime he wants. He will play in the show.

In his initial draft year, Jewels was playing Tier 2 junior in an unheralded league...he will be drafted in the later rounds this year, no doubt about it.  Sadly, if he cares about where his pro career is, he'd be better off negotiating a free agent deal with that team than risking being drafted by an undesirable team.  That means he'd leave after this year though  :angry:

I don't know about being a very good team. If there were objective refs, ie other conference refs, they sit in the penalty box a lot more tonight for all the runs they take and there is a couple dq's. I feel that Andy's team gooned it up this weekend and that is what made the difference.

Poor calls did go both ways. Last night, a missed penalty on us transpired into a goal for us. Not complaiNing about the goal or the win, BUT the officiating has been less than stellar lately ... all around

There's gonna be a lot of suitors that are gonna come a'calling at the end of the season I fear. The selfish side of me hopes that Drake stays for his senior year.

I think he will stay. Gotta think he would be a decent minor league player but questionable at NHL level (that's no insult), like a good number of UND stars over the years. Despite the number of Sioux that go on to play in the big show, a good number don't that were stars in their college days. I know it's easy to chase a $1/2M or more to sign but I'd rather be a big man on campus on a top college team year in year out playing in front of nearly 12K fans vs playing on some minor league team playing in front of 1/3 to 1/2 of that tops. We all have different values/priorities though, understood.

All players who will be 18 years old on or before September 15 and not older than 20 years oldbefore December 31 of the draft year are eligible for selection for that year's NHL Entry Draft. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.  so how old is Cags?

I realize it isn't his first eligible year, but i am not aware of a rule preventing a player from being drafted due to old age...

Who is eligible?

The primary focus is upon players who have reached the age of 18 as of September 15th in the draft year. That means players born on or before September 15th, 1996 are eligible for the 2014 draft.

Generally, a player who is between the age of 18 and 20 years and six months (there are other restrictions) is eligible for the entry draft.

All players who will be 18 years old on or before September 15 and not older than 20 years oldbefore December 31 of the draft year are eligible for selection for that year's NHL Entry Draft. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.  so how old is Cags?