SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NFL Playoffs

jodcon

Seattle's various post-game interviews can make even the greatest Brady-haters Patriots fans for a game.

Well maybe they're about to jump back on Seattle's bandwagon...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2916407/Did-Patriots-intentionally-deflate-footballs-Colts-championship-game-NFL-launches-probe-taking-ball-away-testing-New-England-s-45-7-victory.html

And while Richard Sherman isn't the most modest guy, Bill Belichick would hand over Gisele Bundchen to ISIS if it meant him winning a football game.

• Upvote 1

Each team brings 12 balls to the game - kinda like little league baseball.

Oh good grief. What do you do when you punt? Do you punt with your ball or theirs? Or does that annoying sky cam switch it out at the apex of the punt? 

#FirstWorldProblems

To quote Don Shula...."Belicheat"

Ha!  I forgot you are a Dolphins fan.  My sympathies...................

8th Super Bowl appearance in 29 years for my Pats.  And of course they cheated to get to every one of them............

Bummer about the Packers though.  I would have liked revenge of the 1997 Super Bowl.

Had a hard time getting my 9 year old daughter to sleep last night. She was crushed by the loss...then was afraid she was going to have a nightmare where she would be forced to jump from a burning building only to have #86 drop her!!

19-34 for 178 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT's. I know Aaron Rodgers was injured, but those stats still aren't great. GB also had not one but TWO chances to get a first down late in the game that likely would have ended any Seattle chance to win.

There is good news in Packer land today though...maybe folks in Wisconsin will finally stop talking about the Fail Mary game!

Ha! I forgot you are a Dolphins fan. My sympathies...................

8th Super Bowl appearance in 29 years for my Pats. And of course they cheated to get to every one of them............

Bummer about the Packers though. I would have liked revenge of the 1997 Super Bowl.

Well, the Patriots do have a history of cheating going all the way back to the 1982 snow plow game against the Dolphins...

This could be the worst Super Bowl in recent memory in terms of uniforms - Seattle's monochrome blue helmet/blue jersey/blue pants look is among the worst unitard outfits this side of the Ravens' black/black/black look. Then there's the Flying Elvis logo of the Patriots, the blue jerseys with piping everywhere on them, and silver pants with mystery stripes as well. The red facemask completes a horrible look.

Both of these teams should bust out their 1980's duds and make this Throwback Bowl I. Pat the Patriot along with red NE jerseys and the 1980's era Seahawks threads were uniform awesome-ness!

Each team brings 12 balls to the game - kinda like little league baseball.

Not according to this:

According to NFL rules, home teams are required to provide 36 balls for outdoor games and make the balls available for testing with a pressure gauge prior to the game. ... 

However, the margin of victory and the fact that the Colts used the same game balls make it unlikely the cheating, if it occurred, had much of an impact on the game’s outcome.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/01/19/nfl-reportedly-investigating-if-patriots-used-deflated-footballs-in-afc/

But then I find this:

According to the NFL rule book, footballs must be inflated to between 12.5-13.5 pounds per square inch (PSI) and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces. There also are specific rules about how many footballs are to be available for each game, as well as testing procedures by the on-field officials.

“Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements,” according to the NFL rule book. “The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games held in outdoor stadiums. For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.

“In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall secure a properball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball. Any such circumstances must be reported to the Commissioner.

100830-35-zorn-450.jpg

2719691_display_image.jpg?1294336221

While I love this Patriots look, it's bass-ackwards because Pat on the helmet is wearing a blue coat while Irving Fryar is wearing a red jersey. Ummm...weren't the British the redcoats? Make the Patriots jersey blue and that logo/uniform would be AWESOME!

logos.jpg

No contest!

cbca0-logohistory.jpg?w=525

The 2002-2011 logo colors were far superior to what the Seahawks use today.

I love the Patriots logo... When I lived in Mass, I went to a game in Foxboro, what a venue. I am happy with the teams in the Super Bowl this season. I also like the Sea Chickens logo's too.

http://deadspin.com/report-patriots-under-nfl-investigation-for-deflating-1680358128?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Deflated footballs are easier to throw and catch, especially in the stormy conditions that threatened the area. Officials caught USC illegally deflating footballs in 2012, and fined the school.

Kravitz says officials took a ball out of play to weigh it, and that if the Patriots are found guilty of tampering with the balls they will lose draft picks—similar to the team's punishment for 2007'sSpygate.

Still not understanding all the hate for Bostick when Clinton-Dix had all day to bat down that 2 point conversion...

Did anyone else notice the fan in the end zone wearing the #9 punter jersey on the fake field goal TD? His reaction to the play was absolutely priceless.

Pretty amazing that Brady has played in 20 playoff games which is more than two thirds of the franchises in the NFL.

With Miami only being in a couple playoff games since Marino and you have Bills and Jets always towards the bottom it's almost an easy ride for them to the Divison title.

Still not understanding all the hate for Bostick when Clinton-Dix had all day to bat down that 2 point conversion...

Did anyone else notice the fan in the end zone wearing the #9 punter jersey on the fake field goal TD? His reaction to the play was absolutely priceless.

Everybody needs a scapegoat, sadly.  Far be it from me to be a Packer supporter I feel for the guy who will now get unnecessary hate from social media. Burnett is getting some flack from sliding on the interception, but I recall a SD/NE playoff game where a Charger linebacker intercepted a ball late and on the ensuing return fumbled it and the Pats recovered, then went down the field and tied the game and won in OT.

It still goes back to the first quarter where Green Bay was at the 1 yard line twice and decided to kick field goals.  You have Lacy and Kuhn, and you can't get a yard? Worst case you have them buried deep in their territory.  14-0 looks way better than 6-0, and that falls on the coach.  If that game was 24-0 instead of 13-0, its over.  No way Seattle makes that up.

With Miami only being in a couple playoff games since Marino and you have Bills and Jets always towards the bottom it's almost an easy ride for them to the Divison title.

The AFC East - easily the worst division in pro football over the last 20 years.

The Packers should have fired McCarthy on the spot yesterday. He has a history of showing that he has no clue how to make in game decisions. He doesn't understand when to go for it on fourth down, when to use his timeouts at the end of a half, or how to call a decent game. Kicking those two field goals were absolutely brutal decisions. There are a lot of goats for the Packers coming out of that game but none were a bigger reason for why they lost the game than McCarthy.

I would have loved to see the Patriots go up against the Packers instead of the Seahawks simply because of how big of a mismatch there is between Belichick and McCarthy.

• Upvote 1