SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NFL Playoffs

jodcon

So you have no problem with things like spygate, deflategate, PEDs, steroids, stealing signs, flopping, etc.?

I have varying degrees of problems with each. I never would have flopped if I played a sport where that was possible (I only wrestled and played baseball beyond junior high). Its embarrassing for the individual. I have no problem with stealing signs as long as its the players doing it on the field. Part of the catcher's job is to make sure the other team isn't picking up on his signals to the pitcher and the same thing for the manager and his signs to the players. I don't think spygate made much of a difference and was pretty much irrelevant. It came out early in the season the Patriots went undefeated and nothing has changed in the team's performance since then. If anything their offense has gotten better since they stopped recording the other teams' signals. With PEDs, nearly everyone was doing them. Its unfortunate that individuals had to put their bodies through something unhealthy like that and I have much more respect for the players like Griffey than I do for those like Bonds, but I can understand the drive to use them. It wasn't just the stars using them.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

Did it affect the outcome?  No.  Is it yet more evidence of a culture of corruption within the Patriots organization and Belicheat?  Yes.  

Coach?  Coach!  We took a straw poll...you just lost yourself the Hall of Fame...

I'm obviously biased on spygate and deflate gate since its my favorite team that did both. I think its stupid that they did both these things but I also don't think either thing ever changed an outcome of a game. I guess I take a whatever approach to cheating in professional sports. It doesn't affect my life and I still get to enjoy watching them play. I feel much worse about having been a fan of Aaron Hernandez than I do about being a fan of Bill Belichick and the rest of the Patriots.

• Upvote 1

I'm obviously biased on spygate and deflate gate since its my favorite team that did both. I think its stupid that they did both these things but I also don't think either thing ever changed an outcome of a game. I guess I take a whatever approach to cheating in professional sports. It doesn't affect my life and I still get to enjoy watching them play. I feel much worse about having been a fan of Aaron Hernandez than I do about being a fan of Bill Belichick and the rest of the Patriots.

This isn't exactly turning off the A/C in the visitors' locker room at Boston Garden during the NBA playoffs...

Let's say you're the minor leaguer playing the same position as a guy who is juicing. Would you feel cheated if he got the call up to the majors while you got a pink slip? What if your football career ended due to a hit from a guy all 'roided up?

Of course, though, you're a Boston guy. Boston - where Alex Rodriguez is vilified as a cheat...but Manny Ramirez is a hero.

• Upvote 2

This isn't exactly turning off the A/C in the visitors' locker room at Boston Garden during the NBA playoffs...

Let's say you're the minor leaguer playing the same position as a guy who is juicing. Would you feel cheated if he got the call up to the majors while you got a pink slip? What if your football career ended due to a hit from a guy all 'roided up?

Of course, though, you're a Boston guy. Boston - where Alex Rodriguez is vilified as a cheat...but Manny Ramirez is a hero.

When I say everybody was doing them, I mean I think everyone was doing them. The only people in the NFL I don't think are on steroids or some sort of PED are the kickers, punters, and QB's. People aren't 300 lbs and run like wide receivers without help. So if my mythical professional football career was ended by a 'roided up freak, then I would consider myself unlucky because every hit in the NFL is delivered by a 'roided up freak and I would also be a 'roided up freak.

Steroids happened in baseball and I couldn't care less. A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens and Manny were all good baseball players with or without them. I do not care that some professional athletes use PEDs. For the borderline pro players it obviously would suck but I guess tough break. There's nothing I could do.

BTW, I think Brady is lying right now in his press conference about not knowing the balls were deflated. But of course I'm a Boston fan so it is impossible for me to have, what I think, is a rationale opinion unlike the fans of any other town. Everyone knows we Boston fans support cheaters and absolutely no one else does.

I admidt I wanted Manziel but he would have been s mistake Teddy is going to be the real deal

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12216266&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartnews.com%2F"%7D

Those who spoke talked of a yearlong pattern that showed a lack of commitment and preparation, a failure to be ready when given a chance in his first start against Cincinnati and a continued commitment to nightlife, which affected his preparation and work while in the team facility.

I called this when the media reported that his first action after being drafted by the Browns was to go to Las Vegas.  Peyton Manning started studying the Colts playbook almost immediately upon being drafted #1 overall.  The fact that Manning stayed all four years at Tennessee while Johnny Football left after two years at Texas A&M is another key difference that is starting to show itself.  Just another bad pick by the Browns.  I do feel bad for their fans; they deserve much better.

So you have no problem with things like spygate, deflategate, PEDs, steroids, stealing signs, flopping, etc.?

Patriots fans have no honor. They sing the same old song "everyone does it" when they get caught. Why have they been caught twice now while no one else has been caught?

Pats have compromised the integrity of the game and should be punished as such.

Honestly, when Juventus was busted in Italy.... They were sent to play on the 2nd League. Wouldn't be opposed to a lifetime can for Bill and Tom, as well as a playoff ban for New England.

Patriots fans have no honor. They sing the same old song "everyone does it" when they get caught. Why have they been caught twice now while no one else has been caught?

Honestly, when Juventus was busted in Italy.... They were sent to play on the 2nd League. Wouldn't be opposed to a lifetime can for Bill and Tom, as well as a playoff ban for New England.

Johnboy, I take back all that bad stuff I said Bout you...

100% agree!!!

Now pics are surfacing of Roger Goodell taking pictures with Robet Kraft the Patriots owner. Richard Sherman is right...I can see the Pats not getting punished, if that becomes true you will have people (and owners) getting out the pitchforks and ready to hang Goodell. Goodell needs to show signs that he can be tough and throw the book among other things at the Pats, or else he is just the worthless president that is ruining the sport one rule at a time.

• Upvote 1

I loved Bill Belichick's science lesson...absolutely hilarious.

That was great, followed by Nye the Science Guy stating that everything bill said was totally inaccurate. And calling his (belichick) own press conference to look like an idiot.