SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Lake Superior State

AZSIOUX

UND tied(lost shootout) and won sat vs UNO. Lssu got swept by Mankato at home 7-0 and 3-0. LSSU's 3 wins are against UAA, Fairbanks and Alabama Huntsville. Two of the three needing overtime.

* Caggiula 20 points is tied for 2nd in the nation. Jack Eichel leads with 21.

*pattyn, Caggiula and Macmillin all have 2 short handed goals which all tie for nation lead

* Zane McIntyre 3rd most minutes in nation (goalies) 889:42. Trails leaders by 1 and 2 minutes.

*UND 3.20 gpg 14th nation / LSSU 55th at 1.69

*UND 2.07 GAA tied for 15th nation / LSSU

3.88 55th highest of 59 teams

*UND 8 short handed goals leads nation. Next most at 5.

UND (9th pairwise as of Sunday)

10-3-2 overall

5-2-1-0 NCHC

LSSU (58th pairwise as of Sunday)

3-13-0 overall

3-9-0 WCHA

Games like these are good for target practice and seeing if you can hit double digits both nights, but I don't think they really help a team like the Sioux become all that much better. If we pound them both nights, it helps our PWR & is good for the guys' egos; but I don't think playing down to this level helps them become better prepared for March. It maybe gives them a false sense of how good they really are. I suppose it's better than not playing at all, though, as it keeps the guys in shape & is a good time to play Murphy both nights to see if he can get out of his self-imposed rut..

Games like these are good for target practice and seeing if you can hit double digits both nights, but I don't think they really help a team like the Sioux become all that much better. If we pound them both nights, it helps our PWR & is good for the guys' egos; but I don't think playing down to this level helps them become better prepared for March. It maybe gives them a false sense of how good they really are. I suppose it's better than not playing at all, though, as it keeps the guys in shape & is a good time to play Murphy both nights to see if he can get out of his self-imposed rut..

I wouldn't count on a couple blowouts. I'd guess lake state is jacked for this series and I also predict und will play down to lake state's level at least 2 periods if not 3.

LSS is coming off a pounding at the hands of Mankato, AND they are playing UND.  They will be working hard to scrape out any semblence of tie or win.  We need to score early, then score often and take away the hope.  Low scoring contests play too much into the hands of the visitors.

So...IF Murphy skates, he'd better get himself down in front of that net and bang in some greasy bouncer. 

I might expect Panzerella to see more ice time and let some sore shoulders heal up.  And I don't expect to see Chyz or OD back this weekend, even if they might play were the opponent Minnesota or Boston. 

In Zane we trust.

Does cam play a game this weekend? Just thinking of the best possible spot and this may be it besides the u18 team. Go sioux!

I think he'll get the Saturday game depending on how the Friday game goes. This series has the felling of a "trap game" one of the nights.

• Upvote 1

I think he'll get the Saturday game depending on how the Friday game goes. This series has the felling of a "trap game" one of the nights.

I don't think that at all. UND is playing well overall and this is a bottom 3 of the NCAA team. They will take this opportunity to keep rolling even without OD and chyz. Hope to see cam Johnson in one game and maybe get the pp clicking again!

Goon just tweeted..."Anything less than a split this coming weekend is unacceptable".

Now that's bold!

I did? :) Oh Yeah, anything less than a dominating sweep this weekend, is well.... very bad, unacceptable. 

I've watched Lake State play twice this season - they are young and inexperienced. All three of their goalies are new to the program and if I heard correctly, 7 of their 8 defensemen are new as well.

North Dakota should take the Soo Lakers out behind the woodshed this weekend. Book it.

Back to our originally scheduled program...I would expect two convincing wins. Lake St. can't score plus they let lots of pucks find the back of their own net.

A couple 4-1 or 5-1 wins is what I expect.