SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

Ease up on Fetch. He's one of the good guys.

I agree, there are those that cheer for both ND teams for the good of the state and those that cheer only for their team. But in the end we are united as UND fans, and that is what really matters.

I am not a UND or NDSU Alum, I am a North Dakota resident.  I have to say this state has 2 great storied programs that make this state proud.  Way to go NDSU on winning the 4th Natty. Being a western ND guy, it is awesome to see 2 Bismarck boys bring this home for us at the end.  Now my focus will turn to the Sioux Hockey team.  Lets make this a year to remember for ND.  I love the proud traditions, pure Legendary.

The more NDSU wins, the more people in Grand Forks, and even apart of UND, start to think UND football "sucks". That's the one thing NDSU winning does that bothers me: with NDSU success the general perception that UND football is irreverent only grows. The uphill climb for UND and Bubba continues...

Go UND!

The more NDSU wins, the more people in Grand Forks, and even apart of UND, start to think UND football "sucks". That's the one thing NDSU winning does that bothers me: with NDSU success the general perception that UND football is irreverent only grows. The uphill climb for UND and Bubba continues...

Go UND!

NDSU doesn't need to win in order for your fan base to make UND football appear to be irrelevant. They do it to themselves by calling FCS football a joke, JV, not truly important because it isn't FBS, and by atrocious attendance numbers.

Not trying to be an ass. Just calling it how I see it.

NDSU doesn't need to win in order for your fan base to make UND football appear to be irrelevant. They do it to themselves by calling FCS football a joke, JV, not truly important because it isn't FBS, and by atrocious attendance numbers.

In a way that is true, it's not NDSU that made UND suck it was getting blown out week after week during the Muss era. Bubba may have a little more pressure now to get this team going and an upset win at either Wyoming or NDSU or both may swing that pendulum in a total 180 direction back towards Grand Forks. It takes a big win, that signature win to get fans back and restore UND football history the way it was prior to 2008. 238 days until Craig Bohl feels the rath of UND football again.

Wrong.

Many current bandwagon NDSU fans (as many as 2000 to 3000) are fair-weather fans that once supported UND football. The coupling of UND's football failures and NDSU's successes have ultimately led UND into a negative perception. From what I hear when asking around, the majority of people in Grand Forks presently just assume UND football is a joke. A lot of that is due to what NDSU is doing, and nothing else.

If you choose not to believe this, then that's unfortunate that you ignore reality. As a result, you're actually insulting a part of your very own fan-base.

Thanks. See you guys next year and good luck on the ice.

So your team wins a national championship and the first place you post is on UND fan site? You feel so inferior you need to come here and try and rub it in - what about your true rival SDSU - gonna go post there too? You just finished a great 4-year run and you top it off by showing more of your immaturity and lack of class. 

So your team wins a national championship and the first place you post is on UND fan site? You feel so inferior you need to come here and try and rub it in - what about your true rival SDSU - gonna go post there too? You just finished a great 4-year run and you top it off by showing more of your immaturity and lack of class.

He didn't have a thing to do with any game played by NDSU. You're giving him way too much credit.

No it wasn't. Just wanted to read through this for a good laugh. I know NDSU winning bothers you guys the most. Sitting with two SDSU alums right now and they were cheering for NDSU today.

Many current bandwagon NDSU fans (as many as 2000 to 3000) are fair-weather fans that once supported UND football. The coupling of UND's football failures and NDSU's successes have ultimately led UND into a negative perception. From what I hear when asking around, the majority of people in Grand Forks presently just assume UND football is a joke. A lot of that is due to what NDSU is doing, and nothing else.

If you choose not to believe this, then that's unfortunate that you ignore reality. As a result, you're actually insulting a part of your very own fan-base.

I think you're spot-on with this and the other post you had earlier on this subject.  It seems UND football took a step backwards today thanks to NDSU winning a 4th straight title...and UND didn't even play.  That's exactly how it feels.

• Upvote 1

Let's try to stay away from calling other posters names, and keep things a bit more civil, shall we?

Just reading through some of the threads on the board and it seems like it's starting to get a bit out of hand.  We can disagree without name calling and attacking each other that way.

I think you're spot-on with this and the other post you had earlier on this subject.  It seems UND football took a step backwards today thanks to NDSU winning a 4th straight title...and UND didn't even play.  That's exactly how it feels.

Agreed. Every time they win, we lose something. If you're a kid in Cal or Florida and you're even contemplating playing here and thus living here for at least 4 years are you going to the team that's winning now or the one that will in the future.

Even if you're in Wisconsin or Minnesota the same rationale applies.

This sucks! I HATE when they win.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Every time they win, we lose something. If you're a kid in Cal or Florida and you're even contemplating playing here and thus living here for at least 4 years are you going to the team that's winning now or the one that will in the future.

Even if you're in Wisconsin or Minnesota the same rationale applies.

This sucks! I HATE when they win.

Spot on.   They are light years ahead of us and things have to change.   Congratulations to NDSU on winning, but now we need to do something.   If we can't improve enough to get a spectacular win next year, say against NDSU or Wyoming, we need to at least be good enough to make the playoffs.    As others said, UND football has become a joke everywhere and it will get worse if we don't make a splash soon.   I'm sick of sucking hind tit in this sport.    I just hope these Juco's and FBS transfers are the key, but really, I'd rather be signing great kids out of HS.   The problem is, with the program down south, it's not happening.   

I'm not sure if I'm jealous or just pissed.