SiouxSports.com Forum

Blackout Week: North Dakota vs. UM Griz

geaux_sioux

Coach Roger Thomas' induction into the UND Hall of Fame would be another good marketing point to the average fan in Grand Forks to get out to the game on Saturday. 

Haven't seen to much of that printed or covered this week.  It would make for a nice front page story from the Herald.

good scoop, Roger!

good scoop, Roger!

I just want to get the casual fan back to the Alerus for games.  During the last few seasons, we lost the fan who will buy the walk up ticket.  Bubba has reached out to the community to try and get that fan back.  Roger Thomas getting inducted to the HOF is a chance for UND Marketing to use a familiar name to try and draw a few of those fans back as well.  If they show up and see the quality of football and the effort of the players and coaching staff is changing for the better, they are likely to return.

• Upvote 3

I just want to get the casual fan back to the Alerus for games.  During the last few seasons, we lost the fan who will buy the walk up ticket.  Bubba has reached out to the community to try and get that fan back.  Roger Thomas getting inducted to the HOF is a chance for UND Marketing to use a familiar name to try and draw a few of those fans back as well.  If they show up and see the quality of football and the effort of the players and coaching staff is changing for the better, they are likely to return.

I agree 100%, well said. The casual fan seems to not view UND Football as a viable entertainment option anymore and UND needs to develop a plan to address this.  Any marketing plan like this takes time and execution. This should be a top priority right now.

I agree 100%, well said. The casual fan seems to not view UND Football as a viable entertainment option anymore and UND needs to develop a plan to address this.  Any marketing plan like this takes time and execution. This should be a top priority right now.

If you think it through you guys can thank RT for your current state of FB. 

I bet you would bet that.

Sorry but I lost my Kelly green tinted glasses 3 years ago...but obviously you still have a few pair around.

What's your prediction then...other than that Joe has a sensational week of practice?

UND will have to score 2 offensive TDs to cover IMO. That's happened in how many games so far?

If you think it through you guys can thank RT for your current state of FB. 

I somewhat agree with you in that RT was against moving up at the time and I view that as a mistake. That is the past and we can't control that.

However I think that AD we had for a short time (I think his last name was Buning) was terrible. An argument can also be made that Mussman was a major contributor to the problems.

What you can't argue is that we are finally on the right track and I think that has you worried.

I somewhat agree with you in that RT was against moving up at the time and I view that as a mistake. That is the past and we can't control that.

However I think that AD we had for a short time (I think his last name was Buning) was terrible. An argument can also be made that Mussman was a major contributor to the problems.

What you can't argue is that we are finally on the right track and I think that has you worried.

RT was blamed for not moving up to DI in 04, Buning although made the move for UND to go DI can be blamed for UND getting Muss as HC, but the state of UND football should be rested with Muss so I blame him. And now its Bubba's job to clean up the mess and fix the way back machine to get the team back to 2007.

RT was blamed for not moving up to DI in 04, Buning although made the move for UND to go DI can be blamed for UND getting Muss as HC, but the state of UND football should be rested with Muss so I blame him. And now its Bubba's job to clean up the mess and fix the way back machine to get the team back to 2007.

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say but Buning did not hire Mussman. 

Sorry but I lost my Kelly green tinted glasses 3 years ago...but obviously you still have a few pair around.

What's your prediction then...other than that Joe has a sensational week of practice?

UND will have to score 2 offensive TDs to cover IMO. That's happened in how many games so far?

Given UND is 2-0 in home games thus far, I'm going to continue to believe UND will win at home until I see otherwise. Crowd needs to help out the defense and help surprise the Griz in this game.

UND 19

Montana 17

Is this farfetched? Perhaps, but I'll proudly be wearing by Kelly green glasses at this game.

• Upvote 1

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say but Buning did not hire Mussman.

Even though Buning got UND into DI, his antics forcing him to leave caused the hiring of Muss during the time UND had no AD, but the state of UND football at current time or at least through last season can be blamed on Muss, not on an AD.

Given UND is 2-0 in home games thus far, I'm going to continue to believe UND will win at home until I see otherwise. Crowd needs to help out the defense and help surprise the Griz in this game.

UND 19

Montana 17

Is this farfetched? Perhaps, but I'll proudly be wearing by Kelly green glasses at this game.

Anything can happen, I predict a 21-7 win for the Griz but if UND's offense can move the ball like they did in the second half of the MSU game it could go the other way.

Even though Buning got UND into DI, his antics forcing him to leave caused the hiring of Muss during the time UND had no AD, but the state of UND football at current time or at least through last season can be blamed on Muss, not on an AD.

I'm confused.  So it's Mussman's fault.  But it's also Buning's fault that he got fired so someone else had to hire Mussman. 

You also keep ignoring that Mussman was a huge part of why UND was so successful previously and that Lennon took a new job at the worst possible time for UND (don't blame him for advancing himself) and the cupboard wasn't exactly full when he left.  Mussman was a very logical candidate at a time when people weren't exactly going to be pounding down the door for a job at a school in transition.

Hindsight makes everyone look pretty smart.

• Upvote 3

I'm confused. So it's Mussman's fault. But it's also Buning's fault that he got fired so someone else had to hire Mussman.

You also keep ignoring that Mussman was a huge part of why UND was so successful previously and that Lennon took a new job at the worst possible time for UND (don't blame him for advancing himself) and the cupboard wasn't exactly full when he left.

Hindsight makes everyone look pretty smart.

I think we all agree RT is not to be blamed for this unlike the Bison fan who posted this correct?

UND 19

Montana 17

Every team's fan base needs unrealistic homers to even things out I guess............

Not making a prediction yet, but just an observation.

The griz already have an fcs loss with a road game at EWU then MSU still to play.

From their perspective, I don't think they can afford a loss to UND.

Unlikely they will be overlooking this one.